Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s a 2-in-1 set, which needs to be factored in :wink: There seem to be quite a few parts that can only be used for one of the two models!

We don’t know what the time window for the minifig design process looks like, but I’m fairly certain the roster has already been locked in place a while ago.

We’ve seen a few very early minifig factory leaks before (like the worm guy’s head from Trolls leaking around 6 months ahead of the set’s release) or the packaging of the 2nd HP CMF series with finalised designs, which leaked more than 6 months ahead of schedule. In my opinion, this makes it highly unlikely that the leakers’ intel is outdated :shrug_oh_well:

Could very well also be the case, but then there's that it's crazy unlikely that leakers have an absolutely finalised lineup either. The 'about 10' already speaks to some uncertainty before we even get to individual figure picks 

I feel like we’ve been through all this X-Mansion survey stuff 100 times by now. The preliminary image for the mansion isn’t going to be the final project. Every other survey leak that turned into an actual set had varying degrees of changes, with minifigure lineup being one of them. And the X-Mansion looked the least like a finished product out of all of them and is the one releasing the latest, as far as we know. 

As much as I and some of you want 50+ X-Men minifigures packed into this, that’s not realistic. 10 is the number we have, atm. Now, the leaker could be wrong, it happens, but at this point it’s the only info we have to go on. There will absolutely be repeats. Wolverine for sure, because he’s Wolverine, and probably some of the  others like Rogue and Beast and Magento, if not all of the other X-Men we’ve seen in the past couple of years.

It does seem convenient that there were 10 main characters in the original show and now 10 minifigures in this set. I don’t think it’s a coincidence. I think they’ll just pull that lineup for the sets, but we’ll see.

As for the future of X-Men sets, I wouldn’t worry too much about how well the Blackbird sells. The show seems to be doing well and interest in it will probably grow over time, which will hopefully correlate to additional sets going forward. Season 2 and 3 are already both in development, and there’s rumors of a 90’s cartoon universe revival which is a great sign for the X-Men going forward. And that’s not to mention the rumors about the X-Men appearing in the MCU within the next few years.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

As for the future of X-Men sets, I wouldn’t worry too much about how well the Blackbird sells. The show seems to be doing well and interest in it will probably grow over time, which will hopefully correlate to additional sets going forward. Season 2 and 3 are already both in development, and there’s rumors of a 90’s cartoon universe revival which is a great sign for the X-Men going forward. And that’s not to mention the rumors about the X-Men appearing in the MCU within the next few years.

Yeah, this. 

As much as LEGO can be greedy and out of touch at times, there's no chance they're missing that the criticisms of the Blackbird are basically ALL about the price. They're not gonna look at that and think 'guess people don't like the X-Men'.

The mansion will probably be a better indicator of sales, and I think that one will do very well.

1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

Yeah, this. 

As much as LEGO can be greedy and out of touch at times, there's no chance they're missing that the criticisms of the Blackbird are basically ALL about the price. They're not gonna look at that and think 'guess people don't like the X-Men'.

The mansion will probably be a better indicator of sales, and I think that one will do very well.

I don’t think price is the only issue. The X-Men haven’t had much positive exposure for the past 10 years, outside of Deadpool and Logan. A set with them isn’t going to sell as well as a set with The Avengers or Spider-Man. But X-Men ‘97 is giving them some much needed positive exposure, and, more importantly, exposure aimed at Lego’s target audience. And the longer the show goes on and the more word of mouth it gets, the more people will check it out and the better our odds of getting more X-Men sets.

20 hours ago, hikouki said:

I know it is too early as we haven't even seen a leak of the X-mansion... but if it really is limited to 10 minifigs, I wonder what follow up set might contain the remainder of the team/ cast? X-men vs Sentinels set? LOL

A Sentinel would be the most likely option either as a $15 Marvel Mech or a $35 Construction Figure. Master Mold could also easily be done at the scale and price range of NinjaGo's titan mech sets (usually $80 which is cheaper than this year's X-Jet)

I wouldn't mind if we also got a cheap $10 Wolverine vs. X-Villain set. It would be a great way to gradually release characters like Sabretooth, Mystique, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red and Silver Samurai if they pumped them out each year.

Realistically I'm not expecting to see a lot of X-Men sets next year. The theme is going to get pretty crowded by having to balance sets for the Infinity Saga, Spider-Man, Captain America 4, Fantastic Four and potentially Thunderbolts, but hopefully the X-Men can still keep the momentum going by having some presence in the new range of products.

16 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The latest episode of X-Men '97 makes me wonder if they could get away with excluding Bishop in the mansion set.

If we do get his minifigure, I'll definitely be swapping out the cropped hair for his original long hair he sported in the 90s.

I don't mind if they hold off on Bishop for a future set. My preference would be completing the original TAS cast first before getting round to the new team members.

The January wave is only 2 months away from the X-Mansion's release so it hopefully shouldn't be a long wait if we do get more X-Men sets anyway.

12 minutes ago, wesker said:

A Sentinel would be the most likely option either as a $15 Marvel Mech or a $35 Construction Figure. Master Mold could also easily be done at the scale and price range of NinjaGo's titan mech sets (usually $80 which is cheaper than this year's X-Jet)

I wouldn't mind if we also got a cheap $10 Wolverine vs. X-Villain set. It would be a great way to gradually release characters like Sabretooth, Mystique, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red and Silver Samurai if they pumped them out each year.

Realistically I'm not expecting to see a lot of X-Men sets next year. The theme is going to get pretty crowded by having to balance sets for the Infinity Saga, Spider-Man, Captain America 4, Fantastic Four and potentially Thunderbolts, but hopefully the X-Men can still keep the momentum going by having some presence in the new range of products.

I was hoping when new episodes started dropping, we would see something that could be turned into sets down the line. But three episodes in, and the only things that stick out as Lego set material are the Blackbird, the X-Mansion, and a Sentinel. So basically everything we’ve been calling all along.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, wesker said:

Captain America 4, Fantastic Four and potentially Thunderbolts

I agree with the general sentiment, but this is at most like 7 sets, one of which was slotted for this year. And that's assuming Thunderbolts gets the full 3 set lineup as opposed to the equally likely scenario where we get one set and only get like a third of the team. I think X-men can squeeze in.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

22 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Based on the comments I'm reading here about how the X-Jet is selling (or not selling), I don't think follow-up sets are even guaranteed. Marvel is entering DC territory where every new project is not guaranteed to get sets.

12 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I feel like the X-Jet is a big disappointment for a lot of people as it much anticipated and people expected so much and Lego just priced it accordingly but in the end failed to wow.

Someone, many posts ago in this thread, said that Lego will just end up blaming the market as not liking the X-men theme when in fact they have not done a good job with the set, and priced it outrageously at that.

I am optimistic though as they have kept trying with the Disney minifig line - Lego has been 'experimenting' and releasing much-wanted sets, especially by adults.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't mind if they hold off on Bishop for a future set. My preference would be completing the original TAS cast first before getting round to the new team members.

The January wave is only 2 months away from the X-Mansion's release so it hopefully shouldn't be a long wait if we do get more X-Men sets anyway.

Those are good ideas tbh. Honestly I wouldn't mind if we got a 4+ X-Men set with Wolverine and a X-Villain, similar to your $10 idea. I'd probably expect 2 sets at most for X-Men in 2025. Especially if the figures from the X-Mansion will "bleed" into sets as mentioned before. 

Also I don't know if anyone has seen the reports of MCU Spidey 4 filming this fall but this could mean the movie will be out by late 2025. 

If that's the case, that means we could get Thunderbolts, Spider Man 4, and Fantastic Four sets next year, which would be exciting (also Technically the Cap 4 sets too but those are reported to come out December this year).

Edited by calebcold3

Yeah, 2025 could really be packed, thinking about it.

When the figures for the summer AoU stuff were clarified, the omissions of Wanda, Pietro, Ultron made me think that they'd be wanting to do more for that film next year, but is there space?

It'd be a little bit of a waste (and a shame for the fans who can't drop hundreds of dollars on a set at a time) if the X-Mansion figs didn't bleed out into next year, too.

If Cap 4 only gets one set (and the buildable figure, I guess) then I wouldn't imagine Thunderbolts would get more than that either. Spidey would probably get 3 sets, most of his movies do, and then there's F4 - I could see anywhere from 1-3, depending on how much confidence Marvel and LEGO have in its merchandising. Maybe it gets the big superhero D2C location for the Baxter building, but what if they wanna give it a go for Superman and his film that year? 

Of course there's plenty of room if they're just tackling Marvel Studios stuff, but there's normally a generic Spidey wave and some Amazing Friends stuff as well, plus the buildable figures, infinity saga stuff, mechs, object display sets...

All I really want is more X-Men, some good stuff for F4 and hopefully a return of the CMF, but there's a lot to pull from and I don't think I could even begin predicting the lineup one way or another. 

I read the last few pages and i saw something that sounds interresting.

Someone was speaking about modular for DC, but did i miss something like some rumors or it was a guess ?

I am not sure Lego is going for modular set for DC now... 

2 hours ago, Lokyndra said:

I read the last few pages and i saw something that sounds interresting.

Someone was speaking about modular for DC, but did i miss something like some rumors or it was a guess ?

I am not sure Lego is going for modular set for DC now... 

No. DC is getting a second D2C later in the year and some people are hoping it’ll be a modular styled building.

All speculation - I feel like we wouldn't get another large location besides the Mansion this year, but next year I could totally see the Daily Planet being a thing if LEGO has any confidence in the DCU Superman 

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

No. DC is getting a second D2C later in the year and some people are hoping it’ll be a modular styled building.

Ok thanks. Are we sure about DC ?

Btw X-men mansion seems to not be a modular, do you think we gotta get no modular marvel this year ?

1 hour ago, Lokyndra said:

Ok thanks. Are we sure about DC ?

Btw X-men mansion seems to not be a modular, do you think we gotta get no modular marvel this year ?

There hasn’t been rumors of any other big set, and since the X-Mansion doesn’t appear to be modular, so no, unless we hear differently.

20 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Also I don't know if anyone has seen the reports of MCU Spidey 4 filming this fall but this could mean the movie will be out by late 2025. 

If that's the case, that means we could get Thunderbolts, Spider Man 4, and Fantastic Four sets next year, which would be exciting (also Technically the Cap 4 sets too but those are reported to come out December this year).

Sony Pictures has only one Spider-Man film scheduled for June 2025. Unless they delay it or add another date, I don't think we're getting Spider-Man 4 next year. However, the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man animated series is scheduled for this year, so we could get sets for that either in the Fall or next year.

12 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

If Cap 4 only gets one set (and the buildable figure, I guess) then I wouldn't imagine Thunderbolts would get more than that either. Spidey would probably get 3 sets, most of his movies do, and then there's F4 - I could see anywhere from 1-3, depending on how much confidence Marvel and LEGO have in its merchandising. Maybe it gets the big superhero D2C location for the Baxter building, but what if they wanna give it a go for Superman and his film that year? 

Of course there's plenty of room if they're just tackling Marvel Studios stuff, but there's normally a generic Spidey wave and some Amazing Friends stuff as well, plus the buildable figures, infinity saga stuff, mechs, object display sets...

All I really want is more X-Men, some good stuff for F4 and hopefully a return of the CMF, but there's a lot to pull from and I don't think I could even begin predicting the lineup one way or another. 

I feel the opposite for Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts. I think we'll get one set for Fantastic Four and multiple Thunderbolts. The latter has at least seven members, and the most figures featured in the a Marvel set is usually six, so unless we get one big set that excludes some major players, or we get two or more with a full lineup. I also feel like similar to the Cap 4 set, we only need one F4 set with three minifigures and one big-figure.

I see a lot of speculation regarding future film/TV sets, but I'm curious what the safest predictions are for the future. Thunderbolts for example, I feel confident we'd get Yelena, but what characters do we feel are the most likely to be included, and which do we feel are most likely to be excluded? I could see us getting John Walker & Sentry, but I don't know about the others.

There are rumors about Silver Surfer in the FF movie. If we only got one FF set, I can't imagine it would feature all four characters, HERBIE, the villain, plus the Surfer. 

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

There are rumors about Silver Surfer in the FF movie. If we only got one FF set, I can't imagine it would feature all four characters, HERBIE, the villain, plus the Surfer. 

I don't think Lego is intent to include all of them. But, like Arishem, Galactus could be buildable (as could HERBIE). I also haven't put much stock into Silver Surfer appearing in the film, and if he does, there's no guarantee he'll play a huge role.

Besides, my predictions are primarily based on less risky scenarios. I'm only excluding characters if they have a decent chance at being excluded. Since the film is called the Fantastic Four, Lego would naturally want to make the main four, but other than that, all others are game. If Lego didn't care to include Kang or Dar-Benn last year, I don't see why Lego would care to make the villain here.

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

I feel the opposite for Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts. I think we'll get one set for Fantastic Four and multiple Thunderbolts. The latter has at least seven members, and the most figures featured in the a Marvel set is usually six, so unless we get one big set that excludes some major players, or we get two or more with a full lineup. I also feel like similar to the Cap 4 set, we only need one F4 set with three minifigures and one big-figure.

I see a lot of speculation regarding future film/TV sets, but I'm curious what the safest predictions are for the future. Thunderbolts for example, I feel confident we'd get Yelena, but what characters do we feel are the most likely to be included, and which do we feel are most likely to be excluded? I could see us getting John Walker & Sentry, but I don't know about the others.

Thunderbolts doesn't seem like the type of film that's likely to get a big marketing push. Compared to Captain America 4, Fantastic Four and Superman Legacy its the least relevant film coming out next year. And with the downward trend in superhero films lately is anyone really expecting this one to do well at the box office?

The most sets I can see this film getting is two, but I think even just one is enough if they keep the focus on Bucky, Yelena, US Agent, Red Guardian and Sentry. Nobody gave a shit about the MCU's portrayals of Ghost and Taskmaster last time and I doubt many people would miss them if they were excluded here.

37 minutes ago, wesker said:

Thunderbolts doesn't seem like the type of film that's likely to get a big marketing push. Compared to Captain America 4, Fantastic Four and Superman Legacy its the least relevant film coming out next year. And with the downward trend in superhero films lately is anyone really expecting this one to do well at the box office?

The most sets I can see this film getting is two, but I think even just one is enough if they keep the focus on Bucky, Yelena, US Agent, Red Guardian and Sentry. Nobody gave a shit about the MCU's portrayals of Ghost and Taskmaster last time and I doubt many people would miss them if they were excluded here.

Thunderbolts might not be as popular, but that doesn't make them less relevant, and I don't see why Marvel or Lego would market it any less than the other films mentioned. Any non-R-rated Marvel movie, especially an ensemble film, seems like a reasonable thing for Lego to want to capitalize on. But I do agree that they'll probably get no more than two sets. I just don't think they'll try to cram them all in one.

Also, Lego isn't just looking at the popularity of the brand or characters (though they are important). They're also going to want to consider characters who are relatively inexpensive to make (John Walker doesn't seem to difficult to make), and there needs to be some playability factor to them (Ghost may not have much, but Taskmaster has a sword, a shield, a bow, and who knows what other neat tools/weapons). Lego's main audience are kids, and I believe Thunderbolts has enough potential for kids to want more than one set.

6 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Lego's main audience are kids, and I believe Thunderbolts has enough potential for kids to want more than one set.

LEGO's audience being kids is exactly why I personally don't see Thunderbolts getting that much representation - the team is near exclusively side characters from projects I doubt most kids have seen. (and doubt they remember, if they have seen)

When I was a kid, I had some toys I didn't really know the characters from, sure, but my favourites were always my favourite characters - I don't imagine many people were that different. 

Even if kids might not know Sam Wilson's iteration that well, they surely know Captain America, and even if they don't know red Hulk, they know Hulk. And bigfigs are fun! If THE Captain America gets (more or less) just a single set, I really can't see The Thunderbolts, who are generally speaking unpopular even among adult fans, getting that much more. Two? MAYBE. Three? No chance. Leaks say that many of the characters don't particularly have an important role in the film (it's very much Yelena's movie) so that's another reason I'd be skeptical.

Plus, with like, John Walker, would LEGO wanna do a character whose most iconic scene is killing a surrendering man?

Would love to be proven wrong and just to hear arguments to the contrary, though! But as it stands I can see one $60-ish set with Yelena, Sentry and two or so other members 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

LEGO's audience being kids is exactly why I personally don't see Thunderbolts getting that much representation - the team is near exclusively side characters from projects I doubt most kids have seen. (and doubt they remember, if they have seen)

When I was a kid, I had some toys I didn't really know the characters from, sure, but my favourites were always my favourite characters - I don't imagine many people were that different. 

Even if kids might not know Sam Wilson's iteration that well, they surely know Captain America, and even if they don't know red Hulk, they know Hulk. And bigfigs are fun! If THE Captain America gets (more or less) just a single set, I really can't see The Thunderbolts, who are generally speaking unpopular even among adult fans, getting that much more. Two? MAYBE. Three? No chance. Leaks say that many of the characters don't particularly have an important role in the film (it's very much Yelena's movie) so that's another reason I'd be skeptical.

Plus, with like, John Walker, would LEGO wanna do a character whose most iconic scene is killing a surrendering man?

Would love to be proven wrong and just to hear arguments to the contrary, though! But as it stands I can see one $60-ish set with Yelena, Sentry and two or so other members 

I would argue the same for Eternals. To be fair though, Lego's 2019-2020 mindset isn't the same as their 2023-2024 mindset, so maybe now they're more hesitant with riskier properties. And I don't see why Lego wouldn't make John Walker. By the logic given, Lego will never make Kingpin since his most iconic scene is bashing someone's head in with a car door.

I agree with you for the most part. A group like Fantastic Four only needs the four characters, but Thunderbolts entails 6-7 members that I feel Lego would want to either split up into 2-3 sets, or they exclude some for like an $60-80 set of 5-6 characters like you mentioned. When I suggest they'll probably do multiple sets, I mean some combination of the two options: one big set with 3-6 characters, and maybe an additional set with two repeats and one exclusive character.

Edited by Buckethead

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

I would argue the same for Eternals. To be fair though, Lego's 2019-2020 mindset isn't the same as their 2023-2024 mindset, so maybe now they're more hesitant with riskier properties. And I don't see why Lego wouldn't make John Walker. By the logic given, Lego will never make Kingpin since his most iconic scene is bashing someone's head in with a car door.

I agree with you for the most part. A group like Fantastic Four only needs the four characters, but Thunderbolts entails 6-7 members that I feel Lego would want to either split up into 2-3 sets, or they exclude some for like an $60-80 set of 5-6 characters like you mentioned. When I suggest they'll probably do multiple sets, I mean some combination of the two options: one big set with 3-6 characters, and maybe an additional set with two repeats and one exclusive character.

Yeah, there was a bigger push for Eternals than I think was warranted for the movie. And LEGO does seem a little more hesitant with what they make than they were a few years back. Like take Ghostbusters, the 2016 film and Afterlife both got a set, but this year, with both Frozen Empire releasing and the original film's 40th anniversary... nothing. 

Poor sales for the Eternals, Black Panther and The Marvels sets, plus assumably the Quantumania one probably don't help either.

21 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Thunderbolts might not be as popular, but that doesn't make them less relevant, and I don't see why Marvel or Lego would market it any less than the other films mentioned. Any non-R-rated Marvel movie, especially an ensemble film, seems like a reasonable thing for Lego to want to capitalize on. But I do agree that they'll probably get no more than two sets. I just don't think they'll try to cram them all in one.

Also, Lego isn't just looking at the popularity of the brand or characters (though they are important). They're also going to want to consider characters who are relatively inexpensive to make (John Walker doesn't seem to difficult to make), and there needs to be some playability factor to them (Ghost may not have much, but Taskmaster has a sword, a shield, a bow, and who knows what other neat tools/weapons). Lego's main audience are kids, and I believe Thunderbolts has enough potential for kids to want more than one set.

Back in the MCU's prime, I could have definitely seen 3 sets for Thunderbolts, BUT we aren't in the peak of the MCU anymore. 2 sets is the most I see for Thunderbolts getting sets. Probably one $30 set and one $60 set.