Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Now that Echo's out, I have more appreciation for the figure as we've seen her costume. Especially the detailing on her prosthetic leg, a great touch

The one thing the figure didn't get right, is the symbol on her right arm is wrong

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Star Wars has its first summer leaks :-D let's hope we don't have to wait too long

Based on the star wars leaks, I can give you a few sets from the marvel theme:

Evil Quinjet ($149.99): Hydra Cap, Superior Iron Man, White Widow, Worthy Loki, Ant-Man holding a gun.

Firefighter mech ($59.99): Firefighter's mech, covered in fire extinguishers, holding the gauntlet. Also includes deadpool and Hydra Bob.

This is neither an endorsement or criticism of the new star wars sets, merely a reflection of the times. In the words of He Who Remains, "And we've crossed... the threshold"

Edited by Mandalorianknight

23 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Buildable Spider Man figure with pointing feature, includes 67' Spider Man (buy 2 to recreate the scene)

Just now, NXS7 said:

Buildable Spider Man figure with pointing feature, includes 67' Spider Man (buy 2 to recreate the scene)

The current state of marvel comics ($79.99): Marvel writer's room with 6 marvel writers, Spider-Man, and some guy named Paul. Includes an action feature where the writers can all kick the spider-man figure, shown curled up in a ball on the floor.

So, last year in January we got Hulk and Thanos mechs, then later in the year we got them both as big figs. Is there any faint glimmer of anticipation that with the Venom mech in January, we could see a Venom big fig in one of the Marvel summer sets?

53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

and some guy named 

I know this is all a bit of light-hearted tomfoolery, but let's not act too hasty now...

We don't need to bring him into this thread

3 minutes ago, RobRose200 said:

So, last year in January we got Hulk and Thanos mechs, then later in the year we got them both as big figs. Is there any faint glimmer of anticipation that with the Venom mech in January, we could see a Venom big fig in one of the Marvel summer sets?

I think that link is a bit of a stretch, but without any new MCU films (with the one exception BrickBob's looking forward to), we don't know what the rest of the year looks like, especially not now with a Star Wars wave of memes. So it's not impossible but don't take that to mean it's guaranteed

On 1/7/2024 at 9:42 PM, squiz18 said:

Good shout. Do you see it as a modular? Or at least modular compatable? 

Be a great way to get some more suits for the hall of armour. 

I think it'd have attachment points to connect with those Iron Man armory sets in some form, or could be altered to connect with another modular - but the focus would be on it displaying on its own similar to the modular lighthouse or the fishing store.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEDoSQvMCgS2kqocMChIj

I imagine something like this in concept, a sorta slice of the building as opposed to the entire thing.

• The bottom section would be a garage featuring a workshop, Iron Man suit-up gantry (Detatchable for playability) and a car. Easter eggs for the Particle Accelerator (Iron Man 2) along with the proto Captain America shield and the 'Proof Tony Stark has a heart' would be featured here.
  • The middle section would feature the piano (Iron Man 1), couch and suit display area (Iron Man 3) with space for the MK1-7. Easter eggs including showing the Mansion on TV (Iron Man 3) and an 'I am Iron Man' newspaper would be featured here.
  • The top section would feature the bedroom, boxing room (Iron Man 2) and a storage room. Easter eggs of the giant bunny (Iron Man 3) and some newspapers mentioning Obadiah Stane along with Howard Stark and Whiplash.

Something like that I could see working easy enough.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Evil Quinjet ($149.99): Hydra Cap, Superior Iron Man, White Widow, Worthy Loki, Ant-Man holding a gun.

Firefighter mech ($59.99): Firefighter's mech, covered in fire extinguishers, holding the gauntlet. Also includes deadpool and Hydra Bob. 

This is neither an endorsement or criticism of the new star wars sets, merely a reflection of the times.

Honestly, that sounds better than what we'll probably get for the comic-inspired sets...

• Hydra Cap is a variant some actually desire.
  • Superior Iron Man has huge potential as a figure and has resurfaced in public interest along with being a cool Iron Man variant for peoples collections
  • White Widow getting a comic accurate version of her before we see the live action version, yeah, that'd make sense.
  • Worthy Loki depending on the version is still a cool design for the character
  • Deadpool and Hydra Bob would probably sell pretty much any set and shoving them in a really goofy set to emphasise it's not remotely film related might be the only way Lego could justify a Deadpool figure
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

some guy named Paul. 

Could'nt possibly sell worse than Marvel's Katy :laugh_hard:

37 minutes ago, RobRose200 said:

Welcome :) I think with big figs returning and having the head pieces be able to seperate off it should open up for more possibilities of new big figs as it'd be easier for them to print different head sculpts. Venom would definitely be one of the simpler characters to do a big fig of as it's just a Spider print on the body. It's just a matter of whether they have the budget and think it'd sell well enough.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is neither an endorsement or criticism of the new star wars sets, merely a reflection of the times. In the words of He Who Remains, "And we've crossed... the threshold"

Replace Ant-Man with gun with Yellow Jacket with divorce papers.

Also, just to add to this.

Evil X-Jet ($2000, 367 pieces). Dark Phoenix, Cyclops with suitcase (to leave Madelyn), Kitty Pryde with pass, Ultimate Scarlet Witch, Ultimate Quicksilver, and Beast (J Edgar Hoover era).

Edited by psqidexslizer

43 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Oh, I don't think you know the Paul Lore. I'm just going to say it's very heavily connected to the fact that marvel writers seem to personally enjoy making Peter Parker's life as miserable as possible.

24 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Also, just to add to this.

Evil X-Jet ($2000, 367 pieces). Dark Phoenix, Cyclops with suitcase (to leave Madelyn), Kitty Pryde with pass, Ultimate Scarlet Witch, Ultimate Quicksilver, and Beast (J Edgar Hoover era).

That works for evil avengers, but the Millenium falcon includes a gungan in some sort of blue outfit, so I was trying to reference just the absurdity of the last pick compared to all the other slots of "evil good guy" and "good bad guy"

You forgot Evil Professor X (No wheelchair) (He can walk)

Sounds like the new Star Wars sets are part of a new Dark Side wave. I suspect it'll be exclusive to Star Wars.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think it'd have attachment points to connect with those Iron Man armory sets in some form, or could be altered to connect with another modular - but the focus would be on it displaying on its own similar to the modular lighthouse or the fishing store.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEDoSQvMCgS2kqocMChIj

I imagine something like this in concept, a sorta slice of the building as opposed to the entire thing.

• The bottom section would be a garage featuring a workshop, Iron Man suit-up gantry (Detatchable for playability) and a car. Easter eggs for the Particle Accelerator (Iron Man 2) along with the proto Captain America shield and the 'Proof Tony Stark has a heart' would be featured here.
  • The middle section would feature the piano (Iron Man 1), couch and suit display area (Iron Man 3) with space for the MK1-7. Easter eggs including showing the Mansion on TV (Iron Man 3) and an 'I am Iron Man' newspaper would be featured here.
  • The top section would feature the bedroom, boxing room (Iron Man 2) and a storage room. Easter eggs of the giant bunny (Iron Man 3) and some newspapers mentioning Obadiah Stane along with Howard Stark and Whiplash.

Something like that I could see working easy enough.

Honestly, that sounds better than what we'll probably get for the comic-inspired sets...

• Hydra Cap is a variant some actually desire.
  • Superior Iron Man has huge potential as a figure and has resurfaced in public interest along with being a cool Iron Man variant for peoples collections
  • White Widow getting a comic accurate version of her before we see the live action version, yeah, that'd make sense.
  • Worthy Loki depending on the version is still a cool design for the character
  • Deadpool and Hydra Bob would probably sell pretty much any set and shoving them in a really goofy set to emphasise it's not remotely film related might be the only way Lego could justify a Deadpool figure

Welcome :) I think with big figs returning and having the head pieces be able to seperate off it should open up for more possibilities of new big figs as it'd be easier for them to print different head sculpts. Venom would definitely be one of the simpler characters to do a big fig of as it's just a Spider print on the body. It's just a matter of whether they have the budget and think it'd sell well enough.

Hey thanks for the welcome 😁 

I guess budget is the only obstacle, but it seems that the comic Spider-Man theme is soooo Venom centred that now feels like the perfect opportunity to include the long awaited Venom big fig, plus, they don't even have to make that much of an effort with the print cause they could literally just use the same logo and face print from the 2019 figure on the Thanos mould, and that's it, there's our Venom 👌

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're saying that as if it weren't the coolest thing they could possibly do

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

We can have a play feature where he slaps the wasp!

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Paul

Paul is.

Hello everyone. Do you think it's worth waiting for the Deadpool 3 sets? It's just that LEGO will release a"Jaws" set and I was wondering if there was a chance of releasing a Deadpool set.

10 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Hello everyone. Do you think it's worth waiting for the Deadpool 3 sets? It's just that LEGO will release a"Jaws" set and I was wondering if there was a chance of releasing a Deadpool set.

Jaws is rated PG (as odd as that sounds), so I wouldn't expect that to even remotely mean we'll be getting any Deadpool 3 sets.  Deadpool 3 being rated R was one of the first things stated about it, so there also shouldn't be a repeat of the Echo situation either.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Okay but funnily enough, both sound fantastic and like a breath of fresh air for this theme. 

The second one would be a Day One buy for me. :tongue:

12 ore fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Evil Quinjet (149,99 dollari): Hydra Cap, Superior Iron Man, White Widow, Worthy Loki, Ant-Man con una pistola.

I would buy at least 3 copies! Unfortunately the Marvel team isn't that brilliant :-P

11 ore fa, RobRose200 ha detto:

potremmo vedere un grande fico Venom in uno dei set estivi Marvel?

I've been waiting for this for years, we finally have a bigfig model that would make it very simple, but in 2024 we have a red Hulk (regardless of any delays) and I don't know if Lego would give us two new bigfigs in one year...

10 ore fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Hydra Cap è una variante che alcuni desiderano davvero.

Cap has so many major releases still without minifigures, I don't understand how it's possible...

also the old hydra goon is one of my favorite minifigures, I wish Lego would give more space to building armies, Hydra, Aim, Shield etc..

8 ore fa, Buckethead ha detto:

Sembra che i nuovi set di Star Wars facciano parte di una nuova onda Dark Side. Sospetto che sarà esclusivo di Star Wars.

Marvel has venom-side

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay but funnily enough, both sound fantastic and like a breath of fresh air for this theme. 

I agree! I think the Star Wars stuff sounds great, it sounds like What If to me (which is rumored to be coming for Star Wars). Definitely scope for sets like that in the Marvel theme, especially with fewer films coming out. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The second one would be a Day One buy for me. :tongue:

Ok the evil quinjet yeah, but the firefighter mech it seems like you just want for the figures would also be the greatest set of all time. He's been leaving clues of his existence for the entirety of the theme. We saw him physically appear in one of 2019's Far From Home sets. Once he collects the infinity extinguishers, it'll all be over for the Avengers.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

You're saying that as if it weren't the coolest thing they could possibly do

Paul is.

The coolest thing they could possibly do would be a full wave of sets based on the hit 2022 blockbuster Morbius starring Jared Leto.

Just the name is enough to cause spider-man fans to collapse onto the floor, convulsing with immense pain.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

We can have a play feature where he slaps the wasp!

The real question is, if this is "evil" Hank Pym, and "good" Hank Pym slapped Wasp, would "evil" Hank Pym just be a kind and loving husband?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The real question is, if this is "evil" Hank Pym, and "good" Hank Pym slapped Wasp, would "evil" Hank Pym just be a kind and loving husband?

That raises a lot of questions. Are the evil X-Men normal humans? Can evil Daredevil see? Did evil Gwen Stacy live? 

12 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

That raises a lot of questions. Are the evil X-Men normal humans? Can evil Daredevil see? Did evil Gwen Stacy live? 

Evil Uncle Ben lived and told Peter Parker "With great power you can do whatever you want." Evil Deadpool runs a construction company that builds fourth walls. Evil Punisher's logo is frequently seen as a bumper sticker on sensibly-priced, fuel-efficient compact cars driven by emotionally mature men who are secure in their masculinity.

12 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Evil XMen survive for longer than 5 issues each. Evil Daredevil is Echo.

38 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Evil Punisher's logo is frequently seen as a bumper sticker on sensibly-priced, fuel-efficient compact cars driven by emotionally mature men who are secure in their masculinity.

You dropped this king 👑

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

Evil Punisher's logo is frequently seen as a bumper sticker on sensibly-priced, fuel-efficient compact cars driven by emotionally mature men who are secure in their masculinity.

You didn’t have to go this hard 🤣🤣🤣.

6 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Evil Uncle Ben lived and told Peter Parker "With great power you can do whatever you want." Evil Deadpool runs a construction company that builds fourth walls. Evil Punisher's logo is frequently seen as a bumper sticker on sensibly-priced, fuel-efficient compact cars driven by emotionally mature men who are secure in their masculinity.

I swear the armored spider-man from the 90s series had an uncle ben who lived and said more or less that to his peter. Evil Deadpool sounds like an actual thing Deadpool would do.

But I'd be careful about that last one- for every punisher logo on a hillbilly's old pickup truck there's one on a United States Army tank or a marine's bulletproof vest.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Evil XMen survive for longer than 5 issues each. Evil Daredevil is Echo.

Bro destroyed echo harder than disney+.

Evil Avengers prevent crime (wait, this is literally just civil war 2015), Evil Guardians of the Galaxy are morally upstanding heroes who don't steal and work entirely within the law, but consider eachother coworkers, not friends or family. 

Evil Ghost Rider is the spirit of forgiveness. Evil Punisher has an incredibly strict no-kill rule. Evil Doctor Strange is a tech genius who hates magic.