Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, hvader said:

Yeah I noticed a lot of minifigs back in the day had "scary" expressions, I mean look at the OG Kai face from Ninjago. That was a mean-looking dude

Or the Viking angry ginger beard face from 2005, Dino Attack and others, It's a shame that we keep getting silly faces like the ones in castle with them grinning and happy, even a neutral face would be good, look what they did to Scarlet Witch from 2021, Glad they changed it in 2022.

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Ashnflash suggested (or was wishful thinking) that the spider pig head still being in production made him optimistic of an into the spiderverse wave next year. But I'm not getting my hopes up. 

MiniSuperherosToday said the same thing but surely its still in production today because its in the Daily Bugle set which currently doesnt retire to end of 2025?!

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

MiniSuperherosToday said the same thing but surely its still in production today because its in the Daily Bugle set which currently doesnt retire to end of 2025?!

You're right. The calendar would retire before the bugle, so this doesn't change the part's production. Regardless, the part doesn't need to currently be in production for the door to be open for it's return. We don't know the exact timeframe before scrapping a part, but we at the very least have a couple years after the bugle ends it's run.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're right. The calendar would retire before the bugle, so this doesn't change the part's production. Regardless, the part doesn't need to currently be in production for the door to be open for it's return. We don't know the exact timeframe before scrapping a part, but we at the very least have a couple years after the bugle ends it's run.

According to DuckBricks lego factory visit video its 5 years after its last use then the mould is destroyed with exceptions being rare

2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

According to DuckBricks lego factory visit video its 5 years after its last use then the mould is destroyed with exceptions being rare

That fits pretty well with what we've seen in the past, too.

In that case, we don't have to worry unless spider-ham doesn't show up again by 2030. Though I'm not really sure what brought this all on in the first place- Spider-Ham's barely a cameo in ASTV, so whether or not the mold for his head is around hardly tells us anything about potential ASTV sets.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Spider-Ham's barely a cameo in ASTV, so whether or not the mold for his head is around hardly tells us anything about potential ASTV sets.

Which reminds me... Why did we never get a Peni Parker? Sure, there were never official tie-in sets for INSV, but after that came out we very quickly got the other main spiders-folk in other sets. It always felt odd that she never got made - especially since she would make for a great mech set, which Lego loves!

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Though I'm not really sure what brought this all on in the first place- Spider-Ham's barely a cameo in ASTV, so whether or not the mold for his head is around hardly tells us anything about potential ASTV sets.

Ashnflash and minisuperheroes today both mentioned it in their youtube videos revealing the set details. 

As I said, probably wishful thinking on their part, but they do go to billund for sneak peaks of upcoming sets, interviews with designers etc so they may know more than they are letting on. 

With the lack of mcu films coming out in future years I'd have thought it was pretty likely spiderman will its fair share of sets. 

15 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Which reminds me... Why did we never get a Peni Parker? Sure, there were never official tie-in sets for INSV, but after that came out we very quickly got the other main spiders-folk in other sets. It always felt odd that she never got made - especially since she would make for a great mech set, which Lego loves!

Ooh, good question!
This would indeed make a great set.

Regards,
Mitch

20 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

As a big fan of Gerard Way's stuff, I would do some bad, bad things for a set of his original SP//dr design. And like you said, it's a Spidey mech! They love those!

I wonder if it's possible we could ever get an X-Men related advent calendar. Especially considering the 90s show had a holiday-themed episode. But I guess between the MCU and Spider-Man, Marvel knows those two have more appeal and widespread recognition for an advent calendar compared to a TV show.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wonder if it's possible we could ever get an X-Men related advent calendar. Especially considering the 90s show had a holiday-themed episode. But I guess between the MCU and Spider-Man, Marvel knows those two have more appeal and widespread recognition for an advent calendar compared to a TV show.

Probably depends on how well X-Men sets sell, but I wouldn’t count on one for a couple of years.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

We'd need more sets to release before an advent calendar is possible, so then they can reuse all the figures. X-Mansion would be an X-ception as D2C figures typically remain X-clusive

The only new prints you'd usually find in a calender are X-mas sweaters, and I personally think a generic X-Men sweater could look X-quisite. The X-pectation however would be something with Wolverine's mask/Magnetos helmet and a basic unX-citing pattern set

Edited by NXS7

Any idea on what set 76283 is supposed to be? 

If I recall correctly, I thought I saw one of the leakers say the set would come out in May 2024. But I could be wrong.

I would love for it to be a Deadpool helmet/mask set for it to be an unofficial tie in to Deadpool & Wolverine, but I know the chances are near zero for that to be a set for reasons already stated in this thread. 

ALSO Seeing how What If Season 3 is going to deal with Mechs, I GUARANTEE That a 2025 set is gonna be one of those mechs. 

17 minutes ago, calebcold3 said:

ALSO Seeing how What If Season 3 is going to deal with Mechs, I GUARANTEE That a 2025 set is gonna be one of those mechs. 

As was mentioned by someone else about Sp//dr, the only time we DON'T get lego mechs is when they exist in a large scale in the franchise! 

Posted (edited)

With these leaks, should I even get the Avengers Tower at this point?

Edited by hvader

I'm impressed with the gotham city skyline set. No interest in batman, but I think something similar with spiderman would be great. 

11 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I'm impressed with the gotham city skyline set. No interest in batman, but I think something similar with spiderman would be great. 

Do you mean like a skyline set or something based off of the 90s animated series?

56 minutes ago, hvader said:

The build is nice and it will look great in a city or next to other modulars.

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

The build is nice and it will look great in a city or next to other modulars.

Ehhh...

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Do you mean like a skyline set or something based off of the 90s animated series?

A skyline set.

2 hours ago, hvader said:

I personally got the Tower for the build. The figs are nice and all but it could've included none of them and I wouldn't mind.

If the figs are your main draw, and you're not super fussed about the building, you're probably ok to skip it. Even if they're a bit pricey, getting Ultron MK1 and Vision on Bricklink is gonna be cheaper than the full thing.

36 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Skyline got revealed and it looks the same as the leak from last year, not looking too good for the X mansion

To be fair to the skyline, there's very little that *can* be changed about it while keeping the concept the same. It was spread out a fair bit in the final model compared to the survey leak. Lots of little tweaks.

The X-Mansion on the other hand is a completely different can of worms because it hardly has two designs that look the same. The survey leak was clearly very Fox-inspired, in the fig selection but also in the design of the building itself, and the X-Men 97' mansion looks completely different. Assuming they've shifted to base it on that show (which would only make sense, allowing the 97' specific figures to bleed into that set) it'd have an entirely different shape and main colour.

48 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

A skyline set.

I think the problem with a skyline set for Spider-Man is that there's no iconic skyline besides NYC which is as generic as it can get. Batman has Gotham City with its dark, noir atmosphere plus all the easter eggs from the show. For Spider-Man, it would just be a generic skyline but with Spider-Man zipping around and maybe his enemies in the air.

Also for the Batman set, it's specifically stylized on the 90s show which also gives it a particular look.

35 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

The X-Mansion on the other hand is a completely different can of worms because it hardly has two designs that look the same. The survey leak was clearly very Fox-inspired, in the fig selection but also in the design of the building itself, and the X-Men 97' mansion looks completely different. Assuming they've shifted to base it on that show (which would only make sense, allowing the 97' specific figures to bleed into that set) it'd have an entirely different shape and main colour.

Agreed, the X-Mansion from the 90s show has a radically different look. Most people take the X-Mansion from the movies to be the default and the comics in the 2000s did change to match but it's important to remember that the 90s X-Mansion is from a completely different era. It doesn't just have a different exterior but even the interior will have little in common with the iconic X-Mansion from the movies. Cerebro does not have a special spherical chamber, it's just a machine. There are no classrooms because the X-Mansion isn't a school in the 90s show (or the comics in that decade either).

Characters will be completely different because this theme is based on the show. Morph would never show up in an X-Mansion set based on the comics or movies, but he's a fan favorite of the 90s show and heavily involved in the marketing and merchandise for this new one. I can't imagine the X-Mansion set wouldn't feature him or Bishop. Snubbing Jubilee seems unlikely either since she was the main POV character of the original 90s show, one of the most iconic, and also adds Asian representation, so she's another character I would be shocked to see not included.

For those who don't know, or need a refresher, the mansion looks like this in TAS. No chance they just slap on the 97' branding to the survey model and call it a day. 

10 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Characters will be completely different because this theme is based on the show. Morph would never show up in an X-Mansion set based on the comics or movies, but he's a fan favorite of the 90s show and heavily involved in the marketing and merchandise for this new one. I can't imagine the X-Mansion set wouldn't feature him or Bishop. Snubbing Jubilee seems unlikely either since she was the main POV character of the original 90s show, one of the most iconic, and also adds Asian representation, so she's another character I would be shocked to see not included.

I do 100% expect a different character selection to the survey, but I also wouldn't get hopes up too far. Xavier is gonna be in there regardless of his absence from '97 (it's his school, after all) and if I was a betting woman I'd put money on them throwing Iceman in to finish up the Amazing Friends. That'd only really leave 3-4 more new characters, because they're likely bleeding in figs from the Blackbird (and maybe the CMF?). 

Considering the prominent members in the show that we don't have yet are Bishop, Jean, Gambit, Morph, Jubilee and Sunspot... there's gonna be a couple unfortunate snubs regardless of the selection. And I guess there's the villains and whole extended cast. Sinister, Emma Frost, Cable, Madelyne Pryor, Nightcrawler, Forge... you could kinda go all day.

29 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I think the problem with a skyline set for Spider-Man is that there's no iconic skyline besides NYC which is as generic as it can get. Batman has Gotham City with its dark, noir atmosphere plus all the easter eggs from the show. For Spider-Man, it would just be a generic skyline but with Spider-Man zipping around and maybe his enemies in the air.

Also for the Batman set, it's specifically stylized on the 90s show which also gives it a particular look.

Yes I suppose NYC is famous for being bland with no iconic buildings and landmarks whatsoever.