Sign in to follow this  
Jeff of Clubs

[OL-FB] Citizen! Duty Calls!

Official Dispatch. If you are not the intended Oleonic recipient, report to the nearest Force Publique agent for summary execution.

Dated this the 14th day of December of the 623rd year After Empire.

From the office of Colonel Gerard DuQuesne, Chief of the General Staff of Guerin Godefrey de Tourment, Marechal d'Oleon, No. 12 Mardier Square, Breshaun. Dictated and Read.

Coat-of-Arms of Guérin Godefry de Tourment

The following materials are to be reprinted at the expense of the Crown (rebate vouchers issued pending proof of circulation) and distributed throughout His Most Gracious Majesty's Colonies in the New Haven Sea regardless of convenience;

Recruitment Poster

After review of the Battle of Seawatch, it is the opinion of the Chief of Staff's Office that casualties were higher than anticipated. In order to rectify this shortcoming in future armed disputes, an Infantry Primer has been ordered into production. Excerpts from said text follow;

20220304_073205

20220304_071355

Musketry Drills

Signed via proxy, Colonel Gerard DuQuesne. Chief of Staff.

image.png.41503205675957b895aaf15341a21de0.png

OOC: clearing out the backlog in anticipation for Era 3!

Thanks, ♧

Recruitment Poster

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

The infantry poster and illustration of how to handle the musket is well done.  :pir-santa:

Edited by NOD

@NOD, thank you. It isn't really a build so much as some tinkering with camera effects so I wont be submitting a webform. Effect was achieved using a series of effects on the photos of staged minis; 'greyscale' then 'sharpen' followed by 'cartoon'. 'Antique/vintage' was then used on the poster.

On 12/15/2023 at 1:08 PM, Fraunces said:

Lol, this kind of bureaucracy is why I joined the pirate faction :pir-huzzah1:

:pir_laugh2: This manner of rampant pomposity is precisely what drew me to the blue!

Thanks @Khorne. That is heafty praise from a professional graphics designer. You're right about the font. Sadly the basic photo editing software on my phone doesn't have as many options as I would like and only one or two fonts. I picked up a laptop this year, so I intend to expand on these capabilities for Era 3!

Thank you, @Keymonus!

Points to anyone who can tell where my dyslexia and ignorance of the French language intersected.:pir-laugh:

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

What a lovely edited effect on the poster. The dynamic pose really stirs the patriotic drum! I would've used a serif font for the titles though, since sans serif type fonts weren't really a thing back then. A serif font like Times New Roman would set the visual more properly in the right time frame.

The primer is also really neat. I saw on Flickr a while ago and have always loved the idea and execution.

I really missed this pearl! The way you turned that little vignette in a propaganda patriotic manifest is amazing!