Aurore

[Minifigs] Mages & Magical Beings (Brickscalibur 2023)

Saying that I was thrilled by this year's "Magical Minifigures" category of the Brickscalibur contest would be an understatement.
So instead of five minifigs, as initially planned, I ended up with ten!

53390992868_f2acd6388e_b.jpg

From left to right...

- From AvaloniaFarbauti, wild druid, and his faithful warg

53389886492_d675eb27c6_z.jpg

- From Mitgardia: Falmond Hoog, artificer, and his masterwork the Crystal Golem

53389886482_ca0d2db5ed_z.jpg

- From Avalonia: my sigfig herself, in a battle-ready outfit. Alrune d'Embervale, battlemage and necromander, animating a recruit

53389886552_11d90b025e_z.jpg

- From Varlyrio: Bérangère de Belloy, enchantress, and her mighty familiar

53391115189_b27a1307a5_z.jpg

- From Kaliphlin: Sedri Raedh, demonologist, invoking a lesser demon

53390807651_1dde8154ee_z.jpg

- Last but not least, from Nocturnus: Amlach, wizardry researcher, and an experimental abomination

53390992888_e64bbc5006_z.jpg

An eclectic use of new and old parts.  Some great looking figs as usual.  Where are those wings from the familiar from Valyrio from?  Nice use of some ninjago and nexo knight parts.  I see even a chima torso also.  Nice use of Jane fosters torso for your sigfig.  Chima, Ninjago, Nexo knights, Monkie kid, and now Dreamzzz have some really great parts for fantasy figs.  That hood piece from Anti-matter from Ultra Agents is such a good piece.  Some really lovely designs here, these are all wonderful and have some nice color combinations also.  Great job and good luck in Brickscalibur.  

They are all wonderful! :wub: Impossible to pick a favorite minifig. I love them all! Sedri Raedh's veil looks great. I never knew such a piece exist!

@zoth33 Thank you so much! :blush: In addition to the themes you list, the Harry Potter one is also a steady provider of interesting parts for fantasy minifigs and accessories (and animals!). For example, the wings of the Varlyrian Hippogriff are from the Thunderbird from the HP Fantastic Beasts.

@Yperio_Bricks Thank you very much! I'm not sure the "mask" of AntiMatter's hood was initially intended as a veil...but it definitely works wonders as one!

@Professor Thaum Thank you very much! Lately, I've been especially thrilled by the new parts from Dreamzzz...

12 hours ago, Aurore said:

Lately, I've been especially thrilled by the new parts from Dreamzzz...

You and me both.

I spent almost an hour staring at the dreamzz box today ( while picking a pile of Ninjago boxes for my sons and some Harry Potter ones for my daughter for christmas ).

Some parts are killer

13 hours ago, Aurore said:

@zoth33 Thank you so much! :blush: In addition to the themes you list, the Harry Potter one is also a steady provider of interesting parts for fantasy minifigs and accessories (and animals!). For example, the wings of the Varlyrian Hippogriff are from the Thunderbird from the HP Fantastic Beasts.

@Yperio_Bricks Thank you very much! I'm not sure the "mask" of AntiMatter's hood was initially intended as a veil...but it definitely works wonders as one!

@Professor Thaum Thank you very much! Lately, I've been especially thrilled by the new parts from Dreamzzz...

Yes the HP theme is great for parts too.  Those wings are very nice.  I have several HP sets too just for the parts especially the figs and animals.  The dementor parts are good for ghouls and demons.  I can't wait for the owlery.  I have several thestrals as steeds for my villain characters.