obijon

[MOC] MINI Yoda's Jedi Starfighter (CW)

Hello all

Just the one model this time.  The Ahsoka collection has taken a bit of time due to the recent Bricklink issues............

The latest issue of the LEGO Star Wars Magazine supposedly has a mini model of Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter:

Yoda%20lego%20JSF.JPG

Yes, really, that is supposed to be Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter. Even if you use your imagination (like you are supposed to do with LEGO) and give the designer the benefit of the doubt, er no! . Basically it’s a re-coloured TIE Striker.  As a MINI builder I know the limitations of these small models but really! This is just lazy and no-one would know what it was if it didn’t have it printed on the bag. 

The cockpit section is way too tiny compared to the wings for starters and there should be wings/s-foils top and bottom.

I have had this one on my to do list for a long while but I have not got round to it but this just made me want to do a proper job on this one when my son brought this home and told me what it was!  Rant over, now to the model! 😊

The cockpit is 3 studs wide not 2, and I have used the 3x3 cone as the back of the cockpit.  This is all held together with a bar through a 1x1 brick with studs on 2 sides. 

The wings are angled forward using those rounded 1x2 plates so you can turn the wedges.  I also really like how the 2x2 wedges at the back of the wings sit snuggly against the cone so there is no gap.  The foils may be slightly too big but are much better than having none and overall the model’s proportions are almost spot on to the source material.  Colour wise I have used green not dark green as the cone piece is not available in dark.

There are probably too many pieces for a magazine gift model but this shows what can be done.

YodaJSF1.JPEGYodaJSF2.JPEGYodaJSF3.JPEGYodaJSF4.JPEGYodaJSF5.JPEGYodaJSF6.JPEGYodaJSFDisplay.JPEG

Let me know what you think.

Jon

Full Bricksafe gallery can be found here with loads of other models:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/obijon

Wow, very nice mini model! So much better than the magazine one. Do you know how many parts you used in your build?

I remember the 2021 magazine turbo tank had almost 60 parts and the foil pack was pretty packed. So maybe yours would fit in?

29 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wow, very nice mini model! So much better than the magazine one. Do you know how many parts you used in our build?

I remember the 2021 magazine turbo tank had almost 60 parts and the foil pack was pretty packed. So maybe you's would fit in?

Thank you very much.  It is around 60 parts so I suppose it shows what could have been.  I have that turbo tank model too - I modded it quite a bit though.  I should publish that at some point!

Splendid! Such a faithful little build. This proves a skilled builder can recreate anything even in a very small scale 

On 11/29/2023 at 2:06 PM, Max_Lego said:

Splendid! Such a faithful little build. This proves a skilled builder can recreate anything even in a very small scale 

Thanks again.  I do try and get as much detail as possible in to these little builds.

I remember seeing that and thinking that they captioned it wrong and it literally was just supposed to be some sort of weird recolored TIE striker, because yeah, that's not even remotely close to yoda's starfighter. Yours, on the other hand, is perfect. No idea who they've got making these polybags when you're around showing them up!

On 11/30/2023 at 8:48 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I remember seeing that and thinking that they captioned it wrong and it literally was just supposed to be some sort of weird recolored TIE striker, because yeah, that's not even remotely close to yoda's starfighter. Yours, on the other hand, is perfect. No idea who they've got making these polybags when you're around showing them up!

Thanks again. LEGO know where to find me 🤣. most of these models on the magazines look like afterthoughts.  There has been the odd exception - the last Falcon was good, the turbo tank.  If I was paranoid I would think that they copied my design for Reys Speeder from Force Awakens a few years back.

Great model! Very accurate to the source material, and the shaping is fantastic!

On 12/3/2023 at 4:44 PM, JintaiZ said:

Great model! Very accurate to the source material, and the shaping is fantastic!

thanks again