iluvspacepolice

Unitron lore

I am doing research for a project and I need lore and information about the Unitron theme of space. I looked for some online but couldn't find much so if anyone has information about this theme that would be super helpful.   Unitron | Brickipedia | Fandom

15 hours ago, iluvspacepolice said:

I am doing research for a project and I need lore and information about the Unitron theme of space. I looked for some online but couldn't find much so if anyone has information about this theme that would be super helpful.   Unitron | Brickipedia | Fandom

I would suggest just making one Space lore topic both to avoid cluttering the forum, and because the themes overlap and intersect. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I would suggest just making one Space lore topic both to avoid cluttering the forum, and because the themes overlap and intersect.

Yeah, I'd agree, especially for Unitron since it is a VERY small theme, and its limited release means there is less lore for it and other largely North America exclusive subthemes than there is for other themes that got different lore printed inn different countries. In fact, listings for the monorail set in European catalogs rarely even mentioned Unitron by name.

That said, here's a link to scans of the May/June 1995 issue of LEGO Mania Magazine, which featured a page of Unitron blurbs and a two-page "Adventures of the LEGO Maniac" comic featuring Unitron sets. There's also some different blurbs in the LEGO Shop at Home 1995 Holiday Catalog. These is the main sources of lore for this faction that I'm aware of.

18 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

its limited release means there is less lore for it

Basically the only lore for the faction is "Surveillance State - In SPAAAAACE!!!"! 

37 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

That said, here's a link to scans of the May/June 1995 issue of LEGO Mania Magazine, which featured a page of Unitron blurbs and a two-page "Adventures of the LEGO Maniac" comic featuring Unitron sets. There's also some different blurbs in the LEGO Shop at Home 1995 Holiday Catalog. These is the main sources of lore for this faction that I'm aware of.

It's incredible how sparse the lore is for this lot! Seems like it boils down to "galactic hub where all spacefaring creatures meet but also hates Spyrius"

For some reason I always figured Unitron was just the interstellar megacorp equivalent of a telecoms company :grin:

The only Unitron set released outside NA was the monorail 6991, and there was nothing in our catalogue about them, just the picture of that set with Spyrius robots attacking it. So we had to just make it up (which is what children used to do in the old days anyway), and figured they were just the new Futuron equivalent (although nothing else came of them in the years following to boost that thought). Not that anyone I knew got that set, it was too expensive, haha. But there was a lone Unitron minifig in the 6705 set, so they weren't completely absent.