Sign in to follow this  
TeddytheSpoon

[MOC] Space Police VVPR Raider

Hello all!

Making one of my all-too-infrequent visits to the Sci-Fi forum to share my latest MOC! (It's nice here, I should come round more often...)

I've been enjoying taking part in some of the monthly challenges this year, and I thought it was about time to get involved in Nnovvember. The result is this, which I have dubbed the VVPR Raider!

53308182255_6b7778fce6_c.jpg

I wasn't sure which direction this would take until I picked up the two Technic panels from 5981 Raid VPR - one of my favourite sets from Space Police III. They were just going to be placeholders at first, but I'd already picked up lots of black and white pieces, so I figured why not pay tribute to it?

53307709106_4a95977585_c.jpg

It's tempting to label this as a 5981 redux, but I didn't stick to many of the design cues other than making it a SPIII Vic Viper. The only big common elements are the panels and cockpit, and even then the cockpit is the wrong shade of trans-blue. (That said, even if I knew where the original cockpit was, I think I'd still prefer this lighter one!) So the jury is out on whether this counts as a redux.

53307954208_74dd73764a_c.jpg

Both of the minifigs have gone missing as well. Fortunately the space police officer and alien from Series 21 of the CMFs are good substitutes!

The only thing I haven't figured out is what VVPR could stand for (Vigil, Vantage, Patrol and Recon is my best attempt so far). If you have any good suggestions, I'm all ears!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon