Peppermint_M

LEGO Monkie Kid 2024 Rumours and Discussion

11 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

Eh this has always been a thing. Monster Fighter's and Atlantis had all the keys/rings in one of the bigger sets. Same with the old golden weapons. 

Kind of but I believe what @Fenghuang0296 was getting at is that it's weird that the yellow one is only in the Pagoda. I think in the past, anytime they've done a group of collectibles where they're all available in one set, there was also a way to get them all without buying that set.

Anyone know when the sets are actually gonna be up on Lego.com? Id like to give my thoughts on them but it’s kinda hard without decent pics and prices. Never seen them take so long to be added. 

5 hours ago, Meaf said:

Kind of but I believe what @Fenghuang0296 was getting at is that it's weird that the yellow one is only in the Pagoda. I think in the past, anytime they've done a group of collectibles where they're all available in one set, there was also a way to get them all without buying that set.

Pretty much yeah. That and it has been a while since we had these collectibles, so I was kind of thinking we were done with them permanently. But yeah, it’s just strange that, since you have to buy the Pagoda to get the yellow one anyway, and that comes with all five of them, what’s the point in putting the other four in different sets?

Oh, another thing I noticed; the heroes seem to be wearing sports jerseys or something now? I thought it was some kind of monk uniform at first glance, but no, they’re all different - and, annoyingly, MK has #1, Mei has #2, Tang has $4, Pigsy has $5 and Sandy has #6. These are all in the Pagoda and are fine. But Monkey King has #3 and is only in the Nine-Headed Beast.

. . I wouldn’t even mind if these sets were distributed normally like every other theme, but they’re only available from Shop@Home in Australia and therefore never get discounts so I end up trying to make the most out of as few sets as possible and it strains my budget. -,-

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Anyone know when the sets are actually gonna be up on Lego.com? Id like to give my thoughts on them but it’s kinda hard without decent pics and prices. Never seen them take so long to be added. 

I’m wondering the same thing! City, friends, and monkie kid lack listings on Lego.com!

9 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I’m wondering the same thing! City, friends, and monkie kid lack listings on Lego.com!

And Jurasic World even tho it’s just a licensed theme. 

19 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Same here. It has me curious there. I heard that Jurassic World theme would be revealed in roughly two weeks on Lego.com. I think Monkie Kid sets might be added after mid-month?

If another animation studio did take over. I couldn't tell. Looked about the same to me honestly.

33 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

If another animation studio did take over. I couldn't tell. Looked about the same to me honestly.

IDK. Hopefully it gets a bit of an upgrade before release like that teletoon s11 trailer for ninjago, but some of the character movement and details make it feel very manmade and janky. Not complaining too much, I know the show is run by a team who really love it, so I know the story and music are still gonna be awesome. Im sure I'll get used to it and stop complaining but it's just a bit of a shock right now. In other news, now that the sets are fully revealed, I can give my thoughts. 

Team power truck - £60. The least inspired IMO, a dump truck? I love the balcony at the front and the cat post, I like the colours, and the skid steer for pigsy is interesting. Im very curious how they will explain how Sandy got his hands on this haha. The function is less impressive, just popping the back of and it becomes.... a food stand? figures are cool though, love that centipede. i think its a great concept but im still a bit iffy on execution. The price is alright too actually. 

9 Headed beast - £75. Looks absolutely awesome but also falls prey to a problem most MK sets have where it will look awful without the big foil elements. Awesome colour scheme though, and those teal recolours of blades are sick. The figs are also pretty good, I love that MK mech and shrine, I'll definitely try and cobble it together with my own parts. Price though isn't great, Id like to see it at £60 realistically. Shoutout to the gold egg splat parts for pagoda steps. 

Ring of fire mech - £95. Oh boy where to begin. Whilst im excited to get such a big set for a side character, I cant help but feel this is far too cluttered. The foil is a real disadvantage here. Not a big fan of the wheels on the back, if I ever get it they're definitely being modded to go on the bottom. The colours just feel too much, too loud sadly. speaking of colours, the back of it is really ugly, greens pinks and grey technic everywhere. Interesting joint usage too. I really like the quad copter though. Figures are alright but a bit stingy I feel for such an expensive set. MK has a really awesome white dragon horse bike style helmet though, I absolutely need that. Im glad we are getting more Nezha content though. Price is, again, too expensive but giant tires, and all those foil bits and knee joints probably cost quite a bit. 

Pagoda - £125. My personal favourite, such an impressive build, and a cool colour scheme to boot. I love the height, and the rocky outcrop is nice. The interior is great, the only part I dont like are the open technic holes. The throne room is nice, as is the 2 floors below it. The lobby area looks really clean, and the dungeon is a good use of space. The waterfall on the side also looks clean. Figs are top tier too, Nuwa looks so cool, using the ring part on the back is something I did when I got the Jiro and empress mech set, for my own customs. Much more secure officially though. The new stone parts are really cool, I love the colours and intricate details. Full team too, minus Wukong, Nezha and Macaque. Erlang (I think thats his name) is awesome, his little temple looks good. The whole Set is pretty good, with a decent price too. Obviously I'd like it cheaper but im fine enough with the price. Kind of sad to see that this is the end of huge £150 summer location sets though. 

Celestial Pagoda set is magnificent! I’m not pleased with its price tag but the set stil looks great! I love those five stones and the builds. Even the minifigure selection. 

Looking at lego.com, I noticed taht megapolis set has some roughly 2 and half out of 5 stars it has me curious there. 

Edited by Lion King

On 5/14/2024 at 7:25 AM, Lion King said:

Looking at lego.com, I noticed taht megapolis set has some roughly 2 and half out of 5 stars it has me curious there. 

On Lego.com it shows 4.9 stars for me. Speaking of megapolis, I just built it this week and it’s one of my favorite monkie kid sets ever!

12 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

On Lego.com it shows 4.9 stars for me. Speaking of megapolis, I just built it this week and it’s one of my favorite monkie kid sets ever!

Well that’s strange becuase you andI are in the same country and it still shows 2.5 out of 5 stars. I didn’t realize there are 7 reviews in the first place. 

You should leave your review there!