THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

On 11/12/2023 at 9:43 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

No set images yet. Only pics of the figures on Instagram, check RideXninjago leaks 

Cole is using the previously-leaked transparent head, BTW. 

I like the design of the hoods, but they look a bit bulky; shoulder armour would balance the proportions out (which I assume that the completed Minifigs will have, given their gold hands and the small gold clasp on their right shoulders). The hoods seem to be compatible with all prior armour pieces, but I expect that this in gold is what will be used, since it aligns with the gold clasp on the torsos). 
As for Cole’s legs, he is absolutely going to have printing in the final version; his and Lloyd’s suits are identical in their design, so Cole is not going to have plain legs. I do expect that his legs will be orange, though, since he has orange in the same places on his torso and hood that Lloyd has dark green, and Lloyd’s legs are dark green. 
My guesses for the other Ninja’s colours (based on their S1 colours, which Lloyd and Cole have retained) - Kai: Red over dark red, Nya: Dark azure over dark grey, Jay: Blue over dark blue, Zane: White over medium azure. 

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Cole is using the previously-leaked transparent head, BTW. 

I like the design of the hoods, but they look a bit bulky; shoulder armour would balance the proportions out (which I assume that the completed Minifigs will have, given their gold hands and the small gold clasp on their right shoulders). The hoods seem to be compatible with all prior armour pieces, but I expect that this in gold is what will be used, since it aligns with the gold clasp on the torsos). 
As for Cole’s legs, he is absolutely going to have printing in the final version; his and Lloyd’s suits are identical in their design, so Cole is not going to have plain legs. I do expect that his legs will be orange, though, since he has orange in the same places on his torso and hood that Lloyd has dark green, and Lloyd’s legs are dark green. 
My guesses for the other Ninja’s colours (based on their S1 colours, which Lloyd and Cole have retained) - Kai: Red over dark red, Nya: Dark azure over dark grey, Jay: Blue over dark blue, Zane: White over medium azure. 

Shame we likely are getting that armour piece again, I love getting unique armour parts per season. I’m still holding out hope one day we get an actual armour piece with a clip integrated for staffs/hammers. My other big wish is a mask with a visor integrated into the part itself, duel moulded, a bit like what seabound had. I really want a Lego helmet part that covers the “nose” of a minifigure. 

17 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Shame we likely are getting that armour piece again, I love getting unique armour parts per season. 

We might get a new part; I was just speculating based on which of the existing parts would fit the design best. 

18 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I’m still holding out hope one day we get an actual armour piece with a clip integrated for staffs/hammers. 

The best way to do this would be to just have a stud on the back (like the MotM armour), then a clip or scabbard part can be added as-needed for each character. 

21 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

My other big wish is a mask with a visor integrated into the part itself, duel moulded, a bit like what seabound had. I really want a Lego helmet part that covers the “nose” of a minifigure. 

I can actually see that happening at some point. On that note, I suspect that the Ninja’s heads will have alternate HUD printing, since the hoods look a bit like helmets with an inset visor. 

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We might get a new part; I was just speculating based on which of the existing parts would fit the design best. 

The best way to do this would be to just have a stud on the back (like the MotM armour), then a clip or scabbard part can be added as-needed for each character. 

I can actually see that happening at some point. On that note, I suspect that the Ninja’s heads will have alternate HUD printing, since the hoods look a bit like helmets with an inset visor. 

Absolutely, given ninjagos love for unprotected users in mech suits and the motorcycle-helmet-like design of the new hoods, I’m fairly certain they will again have a visor printed on. Maybe a reuse of the DR one? Because only Lloyd actually used his visor in the show, and that was only 2 scenes. 

6 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

the motorcycle-helmet-like design of the new hoods

This is exactly what I was thinking - They look like motorcycle helmets with cloth wrapped around! 

7 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Maybe a reuse of the DR one? Because only Lloyd actually used his visor in the show, and that was only 2 scenes. 

I can see that. 
Did he even? I remember the visors not appearing at any point. 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

This is exactly what I was thinking - They look like motorcycle helmets with cloth wrapped around! 

I can see that. 
Did he even? I remember the visors not appearing at any point. 

According to the ninjago wiki, the visors are meant to be "dragon power" ie when Lloyd channeled the source dragon/matriarch.

6 minutes ago, Sierra said:

According to the ninjago wiki, the visors are meant to be "dragon power" ie when Lloyd channeled the source dragon/matriarch.

Lloyd’s face looked nothing like those visors, though. 🫤

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Zane has leaked - His design is the same as we have seen for Lloyd and Cole, but with white over medium azure. 

Looks like I was right with the visors being the dragon power ones. Wonder why they are still keeping them around, other than for money saving? I guess they’re just the standard heads now. 
Anyways given the legs and the armour that are yet to be revealed for most of the ninja, this is quickly turning out to be my favourite line of suits. I absolutely love the mechanical look of them, and will be great for custom figures. Like galaxy squad reborn. My only gripe is I’m gonna make an educated guess that Kai won’t be Red and black, that would have been amazing (favourite colour combo by far), although I do wonder what he will have for colours. Also I wonder how Arin and Sora will look. God I want to see these sets now! 

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

Looks like I was right with the visors being the dragon power ones. Wonder why they are still keeping them around, other than for money saving? I guess they’re just the standard heads now. 

I am not completely sure that the head is final, considering that Cole had the wrong head; I do think that it is likely to be correct, though. 
Cost-saving could be one reason, or maintaining consistency between seasons, or because the Ninja actually will have these designs in the show at some point. 

2 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I absolutely love the mechanical look of them, and will be great for custom figures. Like galaxy squad reborn. 

More like Exo-Force reborn, to me - And I agree; tech armour was a far overdue design for the Ninja! 👍

5 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

My only gripe is I’m gonna make an educated guess that Kai won’t be Red and black, that would have been amazing (favourite colour combo by far), although I do wonder what he will have for colours. 

Red over dark red is my guess, since that was his S1 colour-scheme (Lloyd, Cole, and Zane all retain their S1 colours). 

6 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Also I wonder how Arin and Sora will look. 

I am curious about this as well; I hope that they (and Wyldfyre) continue to have unique designs compared to the OG 6 Ninja, as I like the design contrast between the main team and the new additions. 

I just realised that Zane has white legs with medium azure detailing (rather than white detailing on medium azure legs) - I wonder if Lloyd is an exception with his secondary-coloured legs. 🤔

It's kinda weird that so far, Dragons Rising is two for two in terms of weirdly shaped masks.

First, the masks are too sleek, making them look like helmets.

Then they look like masks, but ridiculously bulky ones.

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Then they look like masks, but ridiculously bulky ones.

I suspect that the final Minifigs will have some kind of shoulder armour, and that will balance out the size of the masks. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I suspect that the final Minifigs will have some kind of shoulder armour, and that will balance out the size of the masks. 

Yeah, hoping it will help.

They definitely do look like they will come with new shoulder armour, based on how armoured the suits look.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They definitely do look like they will come with new shoulder armour, based on how armoured the suits look.

That and the gold clasp on their right shoulder (which suggests that they will use the right shoulder pad armour piece in gold, or a new, similar, part). 

After Lloyd the next magazine issue will include Zane.  So with that the wolf worrior most likely won't be right after him, since there would have been something about s2 on the cover, if the next magazine would have been from s2. Overal that has to be the most boring figure choice for me personally.  But at least the weapon build is great. 

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I see LEGO is still refusing to include Nya in a magazine. :jollyroger:

Sadly so. I’m more disappointed that Cole isn’t included, I really wanted to get multiple figures. I love that black armour/cloth part. 

From the reliable Falcon Fan in a live stream. I asked about the next rumored Ninjago temple set coming out in 2024. I asked if this temple will be as "grand" as the Temple of Airjitzu set. He said it would be beautiful, and while not branded as an 18+ set, it will look as good as one. "It will be as close to an 18+ set as we will get for Ninjago." So essentially, expect it to be very good looking and for it to be detailed. As for the theme of the temple, no firm confirmation. But he seemed to describe it as a sort of stone temple. But take this last part with a grain of salt. 

The January-March Ninjago sets should be revealed tomorrow. Whether this temple set is part of the January-March waves is unknown to me. 

Potential big leaks for Ninjago less than 24 hours away.

Edited by Something_Awesome

31 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

From the reliable Falcon Fan in a live stream. I asked about the next rumored Ninjago temple set coming out in 2024. I asked if this temple will be as "grand" as the Temple of Airjitzu set. He said it would be beautiful, and while not branded as an 18+ set, it will look as good as one. "It will be as close to an 18+ set as we will get for Ninjago." So essentially, expect it to be very good looking and for it to be detailed. As for the theme of the temple, no firm confirmation. But he seemed to describe it as a sort of stone temple. But take this last part with a grain of salt. 

I Think that the temple is 71819 - the Dragon Stone Temple. from the leaks It has been described to look like a ninjago diorama, so it would most definitely be really beautiful.

Also same new information that I found. I saw somewhere that someone said that Egalt will be included as a minifigure in 71809. the source was a live from a polish lego youtuber (Skladam klocki) who was the source of the first set descriptions that we got, so I think that it's legit.  

In the video he also said that the Jay mech will be similar to the Lloyd mech from the polybag, Jordana will be included in the Shadow Dojo and that Kai's Climbing Mech will include a jet pack for one of the villains.

Can't wait to see this wave.

Most of the smaller mechs and cars don't seem particularly interesting, but this wave will have some of the best Ninjago sets ever.

set pics are out! that dragon looks pretty good, looks alot like wu... hm...

Gold right shoulder pads! I called it

I am rather disappointed that Sora does not have screen-accurate hair; I had hoped that she would get a new mould with the 2024 budget. 🫤

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Wow. So many mechs, and they’re all so boring? The figures, too - Arin is literally last year’s figure but with a gold mask. Sora is exactly the same as last year, too? Why? These two are supposed to be the new main characters, right? At least Wyldfyre got a new look. Also, I am very curious about that exclusive ‘Climber Kai’ variant?

Egalt looks awesome. Never thought I needed a Sensei dragon but they make it work. Him and Cole’s mech are the clear standouts . . honestly, Cole’s mech is the only one of this massive line of mechs that I care about? All the others are just so dull. Overall I am disappointed, because somehow we got five mechs in a wave and not a single one of them was a large-scale titan type mech? How? Why?

This wave feels like filler. A couple of standouts but by and large disappointing.

Oh, and we don’t have proper images of the ‘gimmick’ sets so I’ll reserve judgement until I see those.

50 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Wow. So many mechs, and they’re all so boring?

I would not say they are boring as much mid; they look more like Core sets than what we were expecting from the S1 wave. The designs are good (Arin's 4+ mech notwithstanding), but they need more variety in style and configuration (though I suppose that this would defeat the purpose of the mix-and-match gimmick). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman