Captain Braunsfeld

Herlock Sholmes - Second Adventure Ch11

800x506.png

Sholmes and his friends arrive back at the base of the “Fellowship of the Greybeards”.

Being asked by Sholmes, the Pontelli guards who guard the building report that nobody has left the building

800x609.jpg

Sholmes: “Let us – at least – recover the horse race money.”

800x600.jpg

They are not prepared for what is waiting for them:

800x522.jpg

Liamh Jeeves is holding Miss Sevenfish hostage!

Hallcroft Py: "Patricia!"

800x522.jpg

Liamh Jeeves: “Nobody move or I will shoot her.”

800x600.jpg

Liamh Jeeves: “Let us through. And count to 100 before you dare follow us or she will die!”

Hallcroft Py: “1….2….3….”

Sholmes: “I have asked the guards whether somebody had come out. I also should have asked whether somebody had gone in!”

Dr. Sonwat: “At least we have the horse race money.”

Hallcroft Py: “51 …. 52 …. 53…..”

800x570.jpg

Sholmes: “But we are missing the diamond, right? The one that was stolen from Lord Fortescue”

Dr. Sonwat: “Right. Where could that be?”

Sholmes: "No idea."

Hallcroft Py: “99 ….100!”

Dr. Sonwat: “Let’s go after them!”

(to be continued)

The story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11 (you are here)

Chapter 12

Hallcroft Py is happy to have finally found Patricia Sevenfish. That's why he counts correctly to 100 like a real accountant and doesn't miss a number.

So it is, the conscientious guards have answered the question correctly. Luckily the Marquis didn't go into the room, he was able to hide in time. He's probably already followed Liamh Jeeves. Is Patricia really a hostage, or does she also work for Wesbert Thaum? :pir-sceptic:

Lord Fortescue's diamond was put like a cork in one of the bottles that are on the shelves. There are 4 bottles with a diamond cork. A bottle has a real diamond as a cork.

On 9/2/2023 at 5:02 AM, NOD said:

Is Patricia really a hostage, or does she also work for Wesbert Thaum? :pir-sceptic:

I too am wondering about the validity of this "hostage"... I suppose I will have to wait and see! 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:02 AM, NOD said:

Hallcroft Py is happy to have finally found Patricia Sevenfish. That's why he counts correctly to 100 like a real accountant and doesn't miss a number.

So it is, the conscientious guards have answered the question correctly. Luckily the Marquis didn't go into the room, he was able to hide in time. He's probably already followed Liamh Jeeves. Is Patricia really a hostage, or does she also work for Wesbert Thaum? :pir-sceptic:

Lord Fortescue's diamond was put like a cork in one of the bottles that are on the shelves. There are 4 bottles with a diamond cork. A bottle has a real diamond as a cork.

Right, the marquis is not in the shot. He is waiting in the next room together with Hallcroft Py (he takes a few steps inside and then turns back to make room for the villain and the hostage).

I like the "diamond as a cork" idea. This might be something for another adventure :pir-grin:

On 9/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, Fraunces said:

I must appriaciate @NOD keen eye for details here , lets see if he is right   

Yepp, NOD is a great observer.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

I too am wondering about the validity of this "hostage"... I suppose I will have to wait and see! 

New episode coming today!