Captain Flint

[Freebuild] Ravynne's end

There are a lot of cool little details in this dio all over, but the doors jump out to me as especially well executed.

Cool minifigure scene! A good variety of townsfolk and of facial expressions. :thumbup: I like the doors as well, and the balcony/porch (don't know which is really the correct term here). The snow is well-executed. Could be a little more smooth on the upper roof of the middle house, to make it clearly stand out from the texture of the stonework, but that may be personal preference. 

Great bleak winter scene!

Beautiful build!  Funny, I usually don't like non-monochrome backgrounds since they are distracting (forests, etc) but yours is very neutral and looks good.  Your brick built doors look awesome and really sell the various boards used to make the doors.  The lightly sway-backed roof is great too, not too crazy, but just enough to let the viewer know that this is an older structure.  The downward facing icicles look awesome too!  I think we need some of those parts in trans clear!  The smoke is pretty interesting too, not sure I've seen that before, but I like how you even made sure the smoke was coordinated so it looks like the wind is coming from one direction, one of those little things the mind can see but sometimes doesn't recognize obviously.  The brick built clock is really slick, too!  Nice job there.  The overall very dark mood I think is set by your choice of color palette, with the dark grey on the bottom and muted overall tones (no bright flowers, all the people have dark colors).  It really sets the stage for what is a very heavy and dark subject.  The red scarf and the mitgardian colors on the building really pop because of that.  I also like the snow piles you have left and right.  They look natural, like someone cleared the path and left the rest.  Really excellent work!

Nice rockwork transitioning into great timber construction, snow-covered roofs, gritted teeth, and a sense of bone-chilling cold: Must be Mitgardia!