Sign in to follow this  
Krall

[MOC] Tipper Van

Hi! It took me a unreasonably big amount of time to publish this model, but finally here we are :)

This MOC was meant to be a little warm up after 2 years pause from LEGO. Becouse of that it's a small and quite simple model but in the same time I belive its interesting mechanicaly-wise as it uses some of ideas I acumuleted throug these 2 years without building.

53132568493_884f7e7bf5.jpg

Two main features are steering mechanism and three-way tipper, both of these functions are controlled by the same knob which controls steering if in lower position and tipping if pulled up.

53132085321_af2ac80716.jpg

Model also features openable bonet with fake engine underneath, doors behind which you will find decently detailed interior, Storage compartments that can fit some minifigure accesories like shovel, broom or wrench and three sides of the tipping bed.

53132089276_18769e2b47.jpg53132299039_bc4deb8145.jpg

If you would like to build this model I created instructions in stud.io which are available on Rebrickable.

More Photos

cheers!

Edited by Krall

Wow, that's an interesting combination of Technic and System styles, with lots of nice greeble! Interesting functions too

Nice work fitting those functions in at such a small scale!

11 hours ago, Krall said:

More photos

This link just takes me back to this page...

I really dig the front with the combination of transparent bionicle teeth and the panel above! 

Thank You for your comments 

8 hours ago, ord said:

This link just takes me back to this page...

Fixed! Thanks for mentioning this 

The idea of operating both HOG and the tipper bed with the same knob is genius! It also looks great, great work!

Edited by karmadrome

Very cool tiny but fully detailed van! Reminds me Mercedes Sprinter of the second generation. Or first generation facelift, don't remember for sure.