Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[Video] Interview by the Portuguese Railway Company about Lego Trains

A couple of months ago, CP Comboios de Portugal (Portuguese Railway Company) contacted me to do an interview for their Social Media and magazine.

It's in Portuguese, but I did my best to add subtitles in English

CP Interview

So who's the random guy at 1:05 holding your locomotive? (yeah, probably a locomotive driver, but without context that's pretty random) Very high production standards in the video and it looks like they rolled out a couple of special trains just to film it. That's pretty amazing that they went to such lengths for the video. Totally a deserving subject, but still pretty rare that a railway would do that.

22 hours ago, GrandPixelMan said:

Congratulations, what an amazing achievement!

Thank you so much! 

2 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

So who's the random guy at 1:05 holding your locomotive? (yeah, probably a locomotive driver, but without context that's pretty random) Very high production standards in the video and it looks like they rolled out a couple of special trains just to film it. That's pretty amazing that they went to such lengths for the video. Totally a deserving subject, but still pretty rare that a railway would do that.

It is a Random tourist, someone who was there (this was filmed at São Bento Station) one Saturday morning, 2 months ago, and picked up my loco without asking when I was distracted with other stuff... I asked to not use that footage, but it was too late...

They actually move the "Miradouro" Real-life train to that station to match mine, but none of the coaches has the same color/livery as mine :laugh: that is the "problem" with this consist, there are several different colors for the same coaches, you will never catch the same train twice.

I was also lucky to have a cab ride on the CP2600 for 10 min, one of the Railway company directors was there and invited me, but there is no footage of that because "it's not allowed" for non-employees to enter inside the locos, it was "off the record"

CP was great to me. I'm very thankful for what they did, for our hobby!

1 hour ago, idlemarvel said:

What an achievement.  Well done, and good luck with this year's Brick Awards.

Thank you so much!

21 hours ago, Sérgio said:

It is a Random tourist, someone who was there (this was filmed at São Bento Station) one Saturday morning, 2 months ago, and picked up my loco without asking when I was distracted with other stuff... I asked to not use that footage, but it was too late...

Ugh!!!

21 hours ago, Sérgio said:

I was also lucky to have a cab ride on the CP2600 for 10 min, one of the Railway company directors was there and invited me, but there is no footage of that because "it's not allowed" for non-employees to enter inside the locos, it was "off the record"

Ha ha, I had actually typed and then deleted, "did you hold out for a cab ride" in my original post, a well deserved bonus!