Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

After a bit of research I have found the (almost?) complete list of sets launching in 2024

-60399-Race Car (4+)

-60400-Racing Go-Kart

-60401-Road Roller

-60402-Blue Monster Truck

-60403-Ambulance

-60404-Burger Food Truck

-60405-Rescue Helicopter 

-60406-Race Car Transporter

-60410-Fire Car

-60411-Fire Helicopter 

-60412-Firefighter All Terrain vehicle with Rescue boat

-60413-Fire Fighter Plane/Aircraft

-60414-Fire Station with Fire Ladder Truck

-60415-Police Car Chase

-60418-Mobile Command Center Truck

-60419-Police Station with Jail Island

-60428-Space Explorer Mech

-60429-Space Mission: Asteroid recovery

-60430-Space Shuttle 

-60431-Space Rover

60433-Modular Space Station 

60434-Space Base and Launching Facility

Edited by Powered by Bricks

60399 : Race Car(9.99$, 56 Pieces)
60400 : Go-Kart with Racers(9.99$, 99 Pieces)
60401 : Road Roller(9.99$, 78 Pieces)
60402 : Blue Monster Truck(14.99$, 148 Pieces)
60403 : Ambulance and Snowboarder(19.99$, 79 Pieces)
60404 : Burger Truck(19.99$, 194 Pieces)
60405 : Rescue Helicopter(19.99$, 226 Pieces)
60406 : Car Transporter with Racing Cars(29.99$, 328 Pieces)
60410 : Fire Car(9.99$, 57 Pieces)
60411 : Fire Brigade Helicopter(9.99$, 85 Pieces)
60412 : Fire Department Off-Road Vehicle with Lifeboat(29.99$, 301 Pieces)
60413 : Fire Plane(59.99$, 478 Pieces)
60414 : Fire station with Turntable Ladder Vehicle(79.99$, 843 Pieces)
60415 : Police Car and Muscle Car Chase(19.99$, 213 Pieces)
60418 : Police Truck with Laboratory(54.99$, 674 Pieces)
60419 : Police Station on Prison Island(99.99$, 980 Pieces)
60428 : Space Mech(9.99$, 140 Pieces)
60429 : Recovery of An Asteroid in Space(19.99$, 126 Pieces)
60430 : Spaceship(19.99$, 240 Pieces)
60431 : Space Rover with Aliens(29.99$, 311 Pieces)
60433 : Modular Space Station(99.99$, 1097 Pieces)
60434 : Space Base with Launch Pad(139.99$, 1422 Pieces)

Edited by LCP

The 2022 sets inspired by Artemis must have done really well for City to return to space just two years later. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on any of these. Do they come out in January?

11 minutes ago, icm said:

The 2022 sets inspired by Artemis must have done really well for City to return to space just two years later. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on any of these. Do they come out in January?

Yes, they'll come out in January.

So.....I'm just going to be frank and say this: I'm already unimpressed by the list of sets for Winter 2023. Most of these sets are really just things we've seen already, if not recently. The race car transporter will likely be something like the 2021 car transport and some 2k Drive custom cars put together. The muscle car chase set sounds like something similar to 60392, only with a cruiser instead of a bike. The space stuff sounds like sets we just got in 2022, which wasn't that long ago. Fire sets don't seem interesting either. Is it bad that I'm starting to get tired of ambulances as well. So far, the go-kart and burger truck are the only two I'm looking at. I don't think it has anything to do with sales. I think Lego is just running out of ideas for City sets. As a child, I'd even get bored. 

9 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

So.....I'm just going to be frank and say this: I'm already unimpressed by the list of sets for Winter 2023. Most of these sets are really just things we've seen already, if not recently. The race car transporter will likely be something like the 2021 car transport and some 2k Drive custom cars put together. The muscle car chase set sounds like something similar to 60392, only with a cruiser instead of a bike. The space stuff sounds like sets we just got in 2022, which wasn't that long ago. Fire sets don't seem interesting either. Is it bad that I'm starting to get tired of ambulances as well. So far, the go-kart and burger truck are the only two I'm looking at. I don't think it has anything to do with sales. I think Lego is just running out of ideas for City sets. As a child, I'd even get bored. 

Race cars are probably related to 2K drives.

24 minutes ago, LCP said:

Race cars are probably related to 2K drives.

Agreed. If it’s true, I’m not surprised but will be glad with more 2K Drive sets (sorry the Brick Boss, i feel. Like. 2K Drive. Is a racing. Subtheme). 

Anyways, from my best judgement, it doesn’t sound like there will be more animals in the Winter Wave but only Fire. ATV and Jail Island sets. 

I. Have a feeling there may not be any new animal molds other than kitten, squirrel, puppy we got in the recent years. 

40 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

Getting tired of ambulance?  What do you mean? We only had Hopsital set with ambulance. And that weird ambulance GWP.   It’s two?

Really looking forward to seeing the Burger Truck. The $20 food truck/vans have consistently been some of my favorites!

Thank you very much for the list, Powered by Bricks and LCP:classic:!

2 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

So.....I'm just going to be frank and say this: I'm already unimpressed by the list of sets for Winter 2023. Most of these sets are really just things we've seen already, if not recently.

I sadly have to agree, too. :sceptic:

The sets I'm for sure interested in are only the road roller and the burger truck. The ambulance and the rescue car - if both had decent interior and place for a paramedic to sit in - would be interesting for me, too. Maybe even the fire offroad truck with lifeboat.

If the racing sets were indeed 4K based, this would mean that they'd be the same fantasy style and bad designed like this summer ones and so would be of no interest for me.

It's really a pity that there are - apart from the burger truck - no civilian Great Vehicles. We're missing a civilian boat since years and a transportation truck and an overland coach with bus station would be nice, too...

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

Really looking forward to seeing the Burger Truck. The $20 food truck/vans have consistently been some of my favorites!

I completely agree with you and I hope that there'll be many more in the future.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Getting tired of ambulance?  What do you mean? We only had Hopsital set with ambulance. And that weird ambulance GWP.   It’s two?

We got four ambulances recently. 

• 60330 Hospital 
  • 40582 Off Road Ambulanr 
  • The 60371 Emergency Vehicle Headquarters  
  • 60382 Vet Van Rescue 
6 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I sadly have to agree, too. :sceptic:

The sets I'm for sure interested in are only the road roller and the burger truck. The ambulance and the rescue car - if both had decent interior and place for a paramedic to sit in - would be interesting for me, too. Maybe even the fire offroad truck with lifeboat.

If the racing sets were indeed 4K based, this would mean that they'd be the same fantasy style and bad designed like this summer ones and so would be of no interest for me.

It's really a pity that there are - apart from the burger truck - no civilian Great Vehicles. We're missing a civilian boat since years and a transportation truck and an overland coach with bus station would be nice, too...

True! But still though. They're just redos of things we've seen before. Now if this list of sets had stuff we either have never seen before with City or stuff that we haven't seen in ages......then I'd be impressed. 

Typical City winter-wave, fun for the kids, but do not sound any interesting to me. Unless the pictures reveal something spectacular I will save my money :tongue:

8 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Is it bad that I'm starting to get tired of ambulances as well. 

Well this upcoming ambulance is a 4+ so who would like that? 

On one hand the 2024 seems boring and repetitive, I completely agree, only a few new additions and the rest is remakes of older sets, but on the other hand I like the 2024 wave, why? 

Because looking at the number of pieces on each set and the age rating, these sets seem to be bigger and therefore have more detail. With this summer's wave starting a new era of sets giving more attention to the buildings and not add a ton of vehicles to ruin the size and quality of the building. This time the police and fire stations have way more pieces than ever before in the last few years, and looking at the names of the sets, it doesn't seem these will be kiddish sets with horrible designed water lookalike projectiles. 

This is just a theory, but I already like this wave more than the 2022 January Wave

Edit:basically what I am trying to say is that this wave might continue using the design patterns of this year's summer wave. Therefore being better. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

2 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

This is just a theory, but I already like this wave more than the 2022 January Wave

The 2022 wave listing actually excited me. 

1 minute ago, Powered by Bricks said:

The images disappointed me

I was impressed by the effort. The buildings were fixer uppers for me. That's what made it fun. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

16 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

I was impressed by the effort. The buildings were fixer uppers for me. That's what made it fun. 

I liked the wave but comparing the amount of effort given to the summer sets of this year I think I prefer the 2024 list

I think the products released in 2023 this year are the best.

I wish that burger truck could be a classic van transformed into a food truck but being a city set, I think that is not going to happen

And I want to see the aliens

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Typical City winter-wave, fun for the kids, but do not sound any interesting to me. Unless the pictures reveal something spectacular I will save my money :tongue:

It’s best to reserve our judgement. :)

Plus the sets don’t sound like it’s promising us a few new animals, just like. We got kitten, puppy and squirrel molds from the previous winter waves. So we shall see. 

40 minutes ago, LCP said:

I think the products released in 2023 this year are the best.

Maybe next summer 

Maybe the space station could be combined with the "ship container" modules of appartment and downtown

9 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

We got four ambulances recently. 

• 60330 Hospital 
  • 40582 Off Road Ambulanr 
  • The 60371 Emergency Vehicle Headquarters  
  • 60382 Vet Van Rescue 

Idon’t think it’s an issue that we got ambulances in 4 sets recently. I’m so glad Ithere is a regular ambulance set… I skip hopsital and 911 vehicle HQ, waiting for a Great Vehicle ambulance set. 

I’m getting tired of Fire and Police subthemes BUT the 2024 list sounds quite interesting. I would like to see offical images before making my decision. 

13 hours ago, LCP said:

60428 : Space Mech(9.99$, 140 Pieces)
60429 : Recovery of An Asteroid in Space(19.99$, 126 Pieces)
60430 : Spaceship(19.99$, 240 Pieces)
60431 : Space Rover with Aliens(29.99$, 311 Pieces)
60433 : Modular Space Station(99.99$, 1097 Pieces)
60434 : Space Base with Launch Pad(139.99$, 1422 Pieces)

Conspiracy time. This is actually a soft reboot of inhouse space themes to test the waters for a true return. This sounds way more sci-fi than the science-y sets we got a couple years ago. Mechs and aliens!!!

31 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

Conspiracy time. This is actually a soft reboot of inhouse space themes to test the waters for a true return. This sounds way more sci-fi than the science-y sets we got a couple years ago. Mechs and aliens!!!

Yes,  I’m more curious about aliens!it has been ages since alien-focused themes.  I’m so tired of seeing. Me he’s almost everywhere (Marvel, Monkie Kid,  Ninjago, etc).  

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

It’s best to reserve our judgement. :)

Plus the sets don’t sound like it’s promising us a few new animals, just like. We got kitten, puppy and squirrel molds from the previous winter waves. So we shall see. 

That is right, with the last couple of years in mind it would almost be surprising if they did not include a few animals. However with the sets names I most likely will buy those loose on PAB instead of buying the sets..

The upcoming space sets sound like a lot of fun with aliens, asteroids and finally a smaller (alien maybe?) spaceship!

The burger truck could be very nice too.