VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

And clearly it's not those people I am talking about, but Bfahome himself/herself. I realize I can't prove Bionicle 4 will suck, but I do maintain that this teaser is a very bad sign for people who were hoping for a drastic improvement over the first three movies.

Suckage is a matter of opinion anyway, which can't be technically proven. In fact most of the things discussed here can't be proven.

Ya, but we just don't like you. :tongue:

Let's put it this way: People have asked you to stop talking about it, so stop.

Ya, but we just don't like you. :tongue:

Let's put it this way: People have asked you to stop talking about it, so stop.

If a mod puts an end to it I will, but in the meantime I see nothing wrong with continuing until we're both bored. This topic is for the discussion of 2009 Bionicle and what we were talking about does fall into that category.

If a mod puts an end to it I will, but in the meantime I see nothing wrong with continuing until we're both bored. This topic is for the discussion of 2009 Bionicle and what we were talking about does fall into that category.

Well now that Bfahome is gone, you don't really have anyone to discuss it with, so you kinda have to stop now, mod or not. Looks like my job here is done.

Well now that Bfahome is gone, you don't really have anyone to discuss it with, so you kinda have to stop now, mod or not. Looks like my job here is done.

What, did you bump him off?

You didn't accomplish anything here besides coming off as a prick with your big, red letters.

What, did you bump him off?

You didn't accomplish anything here besides coming off as a prick with your big, red letters.

And you came off much better by taking so long to win an argument with a 13 year old. :tongue:

And you came off much better by taking so long to win an argument with a 13 year old. :tongue:

At least I was relatively polite about it all. Besides, that's what the internet is for.

This is getting spammy, so I'm gonna stop posting about this now.

Edited by Algernon

Oh wow. I come home after work to see three pages full of waffle for me to read through. :sadnew:

I'd like to voice my thoughts on the trailer discussion:

Firstly, while most movies do have trailers that set moods, this one doesn't, because it's a feature length advertisement for a range kid's toys. What it does do is get all those kids who are going to watch this movie and buy those toys all super hyped up through the use of a fast-talking narrator and a giant explosion, followed by a shiny gold hero who appeared out of nowhere. It's not meant to be artistic, it's meant to hype the 9 year-olds up for buying.

Secondly, people have been throwing around bad animation insults. Apart from the improperly executed explosion, there's nothing bad about the animation at all. This is partly because there isn't much, just a few nebulae and rocks floating in space and Mata Nui raising his arm. We can't judge the animation yet, because we've seen almost none of it. Plus, we know that the character animation was done with motion capture, so I doubt that it's going to be that bad.

As for the graphics, those planets, nebulae and impact craters are beautiful, especially considering this is a direct-to-DVD advertisement for kids. Despite me not liking the more set accurate direction that they've taken for the characters, the style still looks good. From a storyline perspective it doesn't make sense, which makes two different options contradicting each other, but neither is bad.

On the topic of dialogue, we haven't had any yet, but expect cheesy. Face it, it's a kid's movie, and there's a bunch of strong exotic combat robots fighting each other in an arena. When has there not been cheesy battle cries and poorly made puns? All superhero comics have them, as do TV shows, especially when the target audience is kids.

In the past, review of the movies have specifically said that while the parents get lost completely trying to watch it, the kids know and love it all. Expect no different for this movie. If you hope for a Star Wars-like movie, you'll be more disappointed that you needed to be when you realise that this isn't Star Wars, it's The Clone Wars.

Finally, because this is going to be a purely kid-directed movie, and there may be a good chance that you'll just find yourself picking of the mistakes (What is there to make the Ignika's comet trail if the Ignika is unharmed when it lands? What makes Mata Nui when there is just sand and not micro-organisms as with Toa Ignika? How come Mata Nui is gold with a gold weapon when the set is yellow with a silver weapon?), it would be best to invest in my hobby - appreciating the animation and graphics of the movie and wonder how the artistically achieved that instead of sulking on the plot holes that are there because the kids don't care. All 3 BIONICLE movies where amazing with their effects and graphics, and this one has been said to be a lot better, so I personally am gonna love this movie to pieces, if not for the story, but for the megabloking-cool visuals. :classic:

Trailer discussion over.

On another note, I hope Mata Nui's character will be solemn and cold, because if his character is emotional and tries to make jokes, it will seriously through out the epicness of his previous form if we try to apply that character to that form. :sceptic:

I also need a storyline reason for why Stronius is so big. And it better not be a genetic thing or from month of working out in the Skrall gym. Mechanical implants might be OK though...

It's good that Kiina is definitely the girl. Despite her not being that feminine, she's probably the most feminine out of the group, and the only other person who's name sounds feminine is Mata Nui, who we already know isn't.

What is the point of vehicle fights in the arena? If the arena fights were meant to settle disputes to avoid costly wars, why the megabloks do they waste money on maintenance and repair of giant vehicles when hand to hand combat works fine too? I do hope we get a good storyline justification for that.

*Skims*

Oh boy, I love waffle. :3

Anyway, A-S, stop pretending to be a mod and threatening Algernon emptily [or giving him empty threats, whatever].

[Wait, this is becoming Ironic in a sense; I'll stop here]

And whatever, people have opinions.

I do think there was some misunderstanding between people, and both people were right [and wrong].

And I learned that Analogies isn't the best way to prove one's point. :P

But I do get what Algernon says by saying that it is giving a Cartoony feel, with all the purple, colors and etc.

But I do think we should reserve most opinions until we hear some dialogue and see other characters.

But I also think the narrator sucked megablocks. :tongue:

I'm pretty happy that the characters are closer to the sets.

I always saw the Movie characters as unfitting and ugly. =/

And remember, for Bionicle, nothing can get cheesier than the Secret of Cervatus. :tongue:

EDIT: Oh yea, loving Stronius even more, it's a Hero Skrall. :3

[-The Alchemyst-]

Edited by The Alchemyst

Don't you badmouth the Readers, Alchemyst.

Yeah, those readers may be directed to younger children, but they have illustrations. Don't stop the illustrations.

I have not read any of the readers, nor do I intend to. Love the art though. <3

And also, silly arguments are for children. Srsly folks. Grow up.

Also, lulz found Greg on Facebook xD

and he has more friends than me. ;_;

I'm not calling them bad, I like them, and the art, especially.

But they were meant for little kids, and are cheesy.

But they're supposed to be like that, and that's what I'm trying to say about the movie [albeit, the target audience of that is a bit older, I think]

[-The Alchemyst-]

Oh, quite mature. Are we in third grade now? Excuse me while I mop the apple sauce off of my bib.

Uh… I don't quite understand where you're going with this, so I'm done. Arguing about a kid's movie get ridiculous at a point, and I believe that point is questioning someone's maturity based on an analogy that you made (dog shit, nice). I don't know about you, but I'm going to wait until I actually see something other than the teaser to judge the full product.

I have not read any of the readers, nor do I intend to. Love the art though. <3

And also, silly arguments are for children. Srsly folks. Grow up.

Also, lulz found Greg on Facebook xD

and he has more friends than me. ;_;

AS is a child, that's the point. :P

Thank goodness I finally found the ignore function.

I also need a storyline reason for why Stronius is so big. And it better not be a genetic thing or from month of working out in the Skrall gym. Mechanical implants might be OK though...

Alchy, I don't understand this. A storyline reason for why he's big? What's the storyline reason for why Arnold Schwarzenegger is bigger than I am? It seems like a silly criticism.

Uh… I don't quite understand where you're going with this, so I'm done. Arguing about a kid's movie get ridiculous at a point, and I believe that point is questioning someone's maturity based on an analogy that you made (dog shit, nice). I don't know about you, but I'm going to wait until I actually see something other than the teaser to judge the full product.

You made a pretty low comment that theorizes that I had already tasted dog shit. That's what I was responding to.

I'm all for ending discussions with no real direction, since this is getting cumbersome. We keep saying the same things.

Alchy, I don't understand this. A storyline reason for why he's big? What's the storyline reason for why Arnold Schwarzenegger is bigger than I am? It seems like a silly criticism.

That would be my complaint. :tongue: Arnold Schwarzenegger is bigger than you because of him working out and his genetics. Working out to get bigger just doesn't seem right for a Skrall, because they're all already strong warriors yet they're thin and wiry. If they can get bigger by working out, I don't see why they aren't all Stronius' size as well.

According to the OGD, it turns out that Stronius is part of yet another Skrall class, so his bulkiness is genetic. I didn't like it with Tuma, and I don't like it with Stronius either. I just object to the your place in the social system being predetermined by how you are made. It doesn't leave much opportunity for those down the bottom to near the top.

Whoof. That sure went on long.

Everyone got it out of their system now? :laugh:

A bit long-winded, but insults and incoherent speech didn't kick in too bad.

Neither did anyone's ability to clearly state what they meant falter too bad.

Anyway, bleh. Enough already. And no damn giant, red letters again, k? :hmpf:

So yeah, I think the new Crystal King Power Miners baddie is just way too &lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt; and ohshitWRONGFORUM!

So yeah, I think the new Crystal King Power Miners baddie is just way too &lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt; and ohshitWRONGFORUM!

Don't worry, it could be mistaken for an angry BIONICLE now that you think about it. :laugh: Although the real reason I'm getting it and Dr. Inferno's Mecha is to terrorise the good citizens of my tabletown. Coupled with my already-terrorising Zesk, they will make the ultimate team. :devil:

According to the OGD, it turns out that Stronius is part of yet another Skrall class, so his bulkiness is genetic. I didn't like it with Tuma, and I don't like it with Stronius either. I just object to the your place in the social system being predetermined by how you are made. It doesn't leave much opportunity for those down the bottom to near the top.

I don't truly see the problem, if I might be honest. Such form of society is quite common even in our world: like with ants, termites, bees and the like. A soldier ant will never be a worker, or a Queen a soldier, see? Even in Bionicle, we had an example of a society like that before: the Bohrok. One can easily draw parallels between the Bohrok and the Skrall.

Rock Agori = Bohrok Va

Normal Skrall = Bohrok

Stronius = Bohrok Kal

Tuma and his class = Bahrag

Sure, it might not be fair to the lower Skrall, but since when did that matter in any society like that? Ants don't care, Bohrok don't care and I doubt the Skrall do. They're soldiers, it's what they're used to.

Hello again Greg! Nice to see you're back.

Just a few questions,

1)Since the 2009 summer canister sets are called Glatorian Legends, are they being called Legends for a reason, as in Ackar used to be a champion of the tournament and Stronius a "special force" kind of skrall.

1a)If yes to the question above, could you tell me what Gelu is known for?

2)Since Certavus is such an amazing Glatorian, was he a champion of the tournament before?

3)Do some titan sets be released in summer are the ones who are going to appear in web serials like before?

4)Are all Glatorian going to participate the Great Tournament or only the skilled ones?

5)Do the animals on Bara Magna have a species name yet?

That's all. Thanks in advance.

1) They're being called legends because we had to call them "Glatorian something" to keep Glatorian in the name, and Legends tied in nicely with the name of the movie.

2) Yes

3) I don't know of any titan sets being released in summer. We have the six canister sets, the vehicle sets, and I think a larger version of the Mata Nui model, but I can't think of any new titan characters that I know about. Maybe there are store exclusives I am not familiar with yet.

4) All of them can, most of them do

5) You mean like Rahi? No, they just call them animals or beasts, we are not making up a special name for them.

^ From the OGD (Mezistrakk) ^

YES

I know people had suspicions some time back, but... this may revive those! Question is, though, why was he not at Toyfair? And... will the larger version possibly be gold, for all of you who have been screaming that he should be? =P

Edited by Hydrobius

That trailer was . . . interesting. I loved the space scene, though. It reminded me so much of Spore that I wanna hack the game and make a solar system like that. The graphics both made me happy, and made me cry. It looks TOO much like the set, and since I really liked the original movie designs, it's sorta boring. On the other hand, Mata Nui reminded me a LOT of BIONICLE Heroes graphics, which I really liked. So I guess a movie animated in BH style should be interesting.

I don't care how cheesy the movie is. It's marketed towards children, and thus the cheesiness should be expected.

(Though I hope that it'll be a Pixar-quality movie. . . Which won't happen. :( )

I wonder if Big Mata Nui is the bearer of the Gold Ignika we've seen in various pictures.

If so, I know which Mata Nui I'm buying.