VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

The reason why I thought Mata Nui might become a "legend" in Bara Magna is that although he's a legend (until 2008 since we all finally know what he is...) to the MU, he'll be arriving in Bara Magna as another character to others. If he does "gain fame and attention" he might be a legend to them as well although he would be alive, supposedly.

Off-topic but gives a point about my message above: When I play this game I have called Fate: Undiscovered Realms, my character is considered a legend (once you gain enough fame...) (if any of you know how to play it/know about it) but he/she is still alive and I use that character until I make that he/she retire....once the journey is complete.

Here Mata Nui is about to do the same exact thing...whether he's in his MU body or created by the Ignika's powers to create a Toa sized character....He's ready to prove himself.....to the Glatorian, Agori, etc....

Toa Mata Nui

Greg said that Gresh would have a level of 5 out of 10 on importance in the Summer.

Which probably means not the major character.

We don't even know the main basis of the movie, so I think it's pointless to speculate, I mean, 2009 is taking quite a turn from previous years, it's seen in the sets and in the characters themselves.

I think I'll wait for some preliminary screens of them before I make an opinion about the movie.

[-The Alchemyst-]

I thought I'd point this out, though it may just be a rendering error.

The driver of Thornatus, his upper arm armor... isn't connected the normal way. It's on the side of the upper arm rather than the front. I don't know what this means, I just thought I'd point it out.

~Bunda

The driver of Thornatus, his upper arm armor... isn't connected the normal way. It's on the side of the upper arm rather than the front. I don't know what this means, I just thought I'd point it out.

~Bunda

The driver of Skopius seems to have two left hands. And the teaser map image of MN had disconnected limbs. I think it's either a mistake or done to get them in a better pose using normal sets instead of CGI.

Greg said that Gresh would have a level of 5 out of 10 on importance in the Summer.

Which probably means not the major character.

We don't even know the main basis of the movie, so I think it's pointless to speculate, I mean, 2009 is taking quite a turn from previous years, it's seen in the sets and in the characters themselves.

I think I'll wait for some preliminary screens of them before I make an opinion about the movie.

[-The Alchemyst-]

I was the one that asked him about Gresh's importance in summer importance, and he meant that Gresh was 4/5th most important character in the movie/summer story, not a level out of 10. :P

Oh and if you look closely on the "Legends" canisters, there is a word above "Legends", it might be "Glatorian". So "Glatorian Legends". :P

~Bunda

It can be connected like that. I think...

Anyway, I think he has slizer arms as forearms...

It can be connected like that. I think...

Anyway, I think he has slizer arms as forearms...

You're thinking Skopio, and you're correct. I was talking about Thornatus.

~Bunda

You're thinking Skopio, and you're correct. I was talking about Thornatus.

~Bunda

Ah... my bad...

Woah... GC gone and f**ed up again!

Skopio's Thornax launcher seems to be connected with a glatorian hand piece... creepy. Great looking stuff anyways.

I like how Kaxium's riders' legs fit beneath the mistika armor pieces. Thornatus seems a bit lame, though. It better have some surprise function like Jetrax had.

What I think that could be okay for 2009 also is having a kaita or some form of a fusion....we had the Toa Kaita in 2001 and in 03 briefly and obviously a Toa Nui would not come for a while, if not forever.... Maybe some of the vehicles can be combined to make a larger vehicle, prefect for Mata Nui to return to the MU someday and fight Teridax....or the vehicles can be used to make the giant robot of the Bara Magna Mata Nui pieces or something.....??? We know for certain that Glatorian, Agori, and Bone Hunters cannot combine together like the Toa, Turaga and Matoran....Anyone got ideas about a fusion of something???? Then again, where's the Spear of Fusion when you need it...???

Off Topic Edit: Yeah!!! No school because of the ice all over...it's an ICE day!!!

Toa Mata Nui

Edited by Toa Mata Nui

guys, i think i figured out Mats' function:

remember when takanuva and teridax where fused together,well,what about if MN needs to collect all the EP so then the great beings use all the amount to fuse the EO planet, BM and the northern frost (or whatever) and then *POOF* Spherous Magna is formed again?

sorry if this is somewhat stupid :sadnew:

Wow. Those sets are pure... shit. seriously, have the designers for the bionicles lost their brains? Have they forgotten how to build things and not slap shiny piles of silver all over? Very disappointing.

hey guys don't ignore my last post, I mean, C'mon!

it's about MN's function!!!!!!

Chill. Only two or three people posted after what you said. No one responded to what I said before and I'm not making a fuss. People will get pissed if you spam like that. Or no one cared. :wink:

Edited by Natman4000

Chill. Only two or three people posted after what you said. No one responded to what I said before and I'm not making a fuss. People will get pissed if you spam like that. Or no one cared. :wink:

damn :sceptic: ,sorry!

You mean 3634?

~Bunda

lolwhoops

I guess I missed hitting the 0 key a third time.

http://www.toywiz.com/legogleg.html

Oh, boy... At least the titans are worth the price. For the most part.

Considering that they priced Kiina a full two dollars higher than any of the other canister sets, and considering that Greg said there would not be another price raise on bionicle sets this year, I highly doubt that these will be TLC's official prices. :wink:

Edit: Oh, and they also priced the Mistika 25 bucks a piece, Mazeka 55, Yellow Jetrax 120, and the Brickmaster rahi 30. :laugh:

Edited by Grevious

Considering that they priced Kiina a full two dollars higher than any of the other canister sets, and considering that Greg said there would not be another price raise on bionicle sets this year, I highly doubt that these will be TLC's official prices. :wink:

Edit: Oh, and they also priced the Mistika 25 bucks a piece, Mazeka 55, Yellow Jetrax 120, and the Brickmaster rahi 30. :laugh:

Hm... Then if these prices are that jacked.... Then the actual prices will be really good!

Hm... Then if these prices are that jacked.... Then the actual prices will be really good!

Really, its ToyWiz. Of course the prices are screwed up. Seriously. I'd never count on ToyWiz for accurate info. ;)

Really, its ToyWiz. Of course the prices are screwed up. Seriously. I'd never count on ToyWiz for accurate info. ;)

I feel silly now :)

And hopeful! Nothing like a misunderstood shock to tear you down, then proof that it's wrong to make everything look good again! woo!

Now, to save up for Gelu and a vehicle...

guys, i think i figured out Mats' function:

remember when takanuva and teridax where fused together,well,what about if MN needs to collect all the EP so then the great beings use all the amount to fuse the EO planet, BM and the northern frost (or whatever) and then *POOF* Spherous Magna is formed again?

sorry if this is somewhat stupid :sadnew:

No offense, but I think that's basically what most people think. =P What's the big mystery is WHY these planets need to be fused, rather than just finding some new home for the inhabitants. Greg hinted Mata Nui's mission would save millions of life, and the Shattering seems to be something that is still occuring, so it might be tied to that...

And WHY no UK Toy Fair pix. ;_;

-Ikk