VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Skopio is a creature-inspired vehicle. That can't go and tell us that creatures on Bara Magna that weren't created by some Great Being has natural tread legs.

The Rahi of 2001 featured Treads.

But they were MU Rahi, is his point.

Still, I hope it's a creature. We know Bara Magnans are biomechanical now, so it's hardly impossible.

I'm still hesitant about this because the 85-15 ratio doesn't work in favour for a treaded, midaked and heavily pistonned behemoth like Skopio. However, I suppose it could be possible that Skopio is a pre-Shattering natural creature that was mechanically decked out for the EP war and given the XV-1 title as a war-beast to distinguish it from normal Skopios. That would be awesomely cool, although it's quite unlikely as the other vehicles are clearly vehicles not creatures.

Does anyone know that if there will be an official term to call these creatures?? (i.e Rahi are creatures of the MU) Maybe not now but perhaps later on this year??? I don't want them to be simply called creatures.... :sad:

Toa Mata Nui

Does anyone know that if there will be an official term to call these creatures?? (i.e Rahi are creatures of the MU) Maybe not now but perhaps later on this year??? I don't want them to be simply called creatures.... :sad:

Toa Mata Nui

Wild animals.

Cuz like, that's what they are.

I'm pretty sure Greg said "Vehicles in the Summer".

I'm pretty sure Skopio = Vehicle.

But Spikit? Ask him, who knows? Rahi could have been derived from Bara Maganese. :tongue:

[-The Alchemyst-]

Last I heard, Greg said they were just called creatures or animals... So basically we have three types of Bionicle beasts --

Rahi

Organic creatures

Biomechanical non-MU creatures

I'm also extremely curious as to how/why the Bara Magnans become biomech. =D

-Ikk

Remember, Skirmix is also classifiedas a vehical, but he is clearly a creature. Just noticed the Skopio rider has his head attached to the Skopio. :thumbup:

Thought the Glatorian/Agori were Organic.

Must be out of the loop. >_<

Remember, Skirmix is also classifiedas a vehical, but he is clearly a creature. Just noticed the Skopio rider has his head attached to the Skopio. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure the somewhere, either it was Greg, S@H or the AFG Rules, that classified it as a creature.

My bets are that Skorpio is still a vehicle.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Thanks for the link.

And

My guess would be that it varies -- for example, some bone hunters might have ocular implants for better vision. Glatorian might have implants to help their muscle endurance, agility, or even some kind of implanted body armor to protect them in a fight, etc.

That is so awesome.

It's like Plastic Surgery, except for battle.

This allows some creativity I suppose.

Oh, and Axalara for $44 at Target, last week it was $62. Should I wait and hope for up to 70% off [ $26! maybe next week], should I get, or just pass?

[-The Alchemyst-]

Oh, and Axalara for $44 at Target, last week it was $62. Should I wait and hope for up to 70% off [ $26! maybe next week], should I get, or just pass?

[-The Alchemyst-]

Get it, and return it if it becomes cheaper, before promptly buying it again. Target may hate you for it, but their policy (not sure what it is, so go check just in case) may allow you to do it.

Get it, and if the price goes dow, return it (keep it MISB), and then go to a different one and get it, if they have it.

Get it, and if the price goes dow, return it (keep it MISB), and then go to a different one and get it, if they have it.

Going to a different one isn't necessary, just a different cashier or time will be enough. :wink:

Why do I think this is going to end up with Mata Nui obtaining control of the Bara Magnan body and duking it out with the Teridax body in a big giant robot fight?

Why do I think this is going to end up with Mata Nui obtaining control of the Bara Magnan body and duking it out with the Teridax body in a big giant robot fight?

Because you still haven't realized how much Lego loves throwing twists in the story at us. It's going to end up that Mata Nui is actually inside a giant corn muffin, you wait.

The EO, BM, and the Endless Northern Or Something Frost are all on the back of a parasite on the back of a walrus in the San Diego zoo.

And the Milky Way is on the back of Smeagol.

~Bunda

Edited by Bundalings

Because you still haven't realized how much Lego loves throwing twists in the story at us. It's going to end up that Mata Nui is actually inside a giant corn muffin, you wait.

*sigh*

please, please LEGO, focus on establishing a rich world for us to dig into rather than completely ignoring what made 2001 great and giving us a bunch of cheesy plot twists to chew on.

Seriously, Bara Magna has so much potential.

Edited by Algernon

"My Virtues are the Virtues that will pierce the Heavens!"

Okay, need Mata-Nui-Body shopped in red and gold colours now.

I personally remember the 2001 story to be very boring.

Yay we are alive! Yay we have masks! Yay we have beaten Makuta. Nay, we have Bohrok infestation.

Does anyone know which of the winter Glatorian is in assortment A and which are in assortment B? I suspect that Strakk and Malum are in seperate cases, because that would explain why Strakk rung up at Tesco, but neither Malums did.