VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Question is, though, why was he not at Toyfair?

Store 'sclusive?

Depending on how expensive he is, I might want to get him.

Also loljinzo.

Edited by Bfahome

What if we've already seen the bigger Mata Nui set? He could be on Skopio! :grin:

Or, it could be a UCS Teridax. That would be awesome, but I suppose that would've been at Toyfair if it existed.

I presume Mata Nui will make himself bigger to battle Tuma in the movie finale by absorbing a couple of Skrall. That would make more sense me thinks.

1) They're being called legends because we had to call them "Glatorian something" to keep Glatorian in the name, and Legends tied in nicely with the name of the movie.

2) Yes

3) I don't know of any titan sets being released in summer. We have the six canister sets, the vehicle sets, and I think a larger version of the Mata Nui model, but I can't think of any new titan characters that I know about. Maybe there are store exclusives I am not familiar with yet.

4) All of them can, most of them do

5) You mean like Rahi? No, they just call them animals or beasts, we are not making up a special name for them.

^ From the OGD (Mezistrakk) ^

YES

I know people had suspicions some time back, but... this may revive those! Question is, though, why was he not at Toyfair? And... will the larger version possibly be gold, for all of you who have been screaming that he should be? =P

OH SHI-

It's time to use this meme I honestly didn't know of before seeing it in this topic.

I doubt he's Teridax'd MN, because sets need to represent characters from the current storyline. Makuta won't show up on Bara Magna. And he said "a larger version of the Mata Nui model", meaning that the set must be inspired from the cansiter figure, the Keetorange yellow dude we (almost) all love. Anyway....

NO MATTER THE PRICE ILL BUY HIM

That better not have been what LEGO was thinking when designing and pricing the set.

If this other puppy isn't a UCS Teridax... then it'd be AWESOME if Mata Nui at first makes a body (that has the gold, regular Ignika)... followed by him, for some reason, deciding / needing to look more Glatoriany.

Like maybe he made himself too big and wanted to blend in... or maybe he tried to make a "normal" body, only to fail due to lack of power... or he made himself too slow and bulky and got his megablocks mercilessly kicked by some wandering thugs... something cool like that.

3D Brickthing Posted Today, 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Shakar @ Feb 19 2009, 08:40 AM) *

That better not have been what LEGO was thinking when designing and pricing the set.

X D

I doubt he's going to surpass the 90 dollars price range. Either way, he'll be a good Xmas present-I never know what to buy for myself for that period.

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

That would be my complaint. :tongue: Arnold Schwarzenegger is bigger than you because of him working out and his genetics. Working out to get bigger just doesn't seem right for a Skrall, because they're all already strong warriors yet they're thin and wiry. If they can get bigger by working out, I don't see why they aren't all Stronius' size as well.

According to the OGD, it turns out that Stronius is part of yet another Skrall class, so his bulkiness is genetic. I didn't like it with Tuma, and I don't like it with Stronius either. I just object to the your place in the social system being predetermined by how you are made. It doesn't leave much opportunity for those down the bottom to near the top.

Your complaint still doesn't make sense. Skrall are all individual characters. Why is it hard to believe one would work out more than the others and get stronger. Your argument is like saying everyone in the military must be exactly the same size and strength because they have the same basic regiment.

Hi Mr. Farshety I was wondering if the larger Mata Nui you mentioned to another member is going to be in the movie?

Do you know why it wasn't at Toy Fair?

Will there be a storyline reason for him being bigger and Im sorry if you can't answer them.

1) No. It's just a bigger version of the canister set, it's not a different character and he's not growing bigger in the story. It's sort of like how you have Darth Vader action figures that are six inches high and twelve inches high and 18 inches high, but they're all the same character. And if he wasn't at ToyFair, it probably means he's a store exclusive.

Now let's hope it's not the same set actually made of larger pieces... =P

-Ikk

That's a little disappointing...

No more so than Yetrax was. I mean, sure, everyone was happy for moar new yellow pieces, yes, but... really, they had a slot in which to do something with, and they give us a dupe set in a different color. I was dissapointed, anyways...

No more so than Yetrax was. I mean, sure, everyone was happy for moar new yellow pieces, yes, but... really, they had a slot in which to do something with, and they give us a dupe set in a different color. I was dissapointed, anyways...

Oi, don't dis Yetrax. It's better than Bl– Ble– uh… blue Jetrax.

Oi, don't dis Yetrax. It's better than Bl– Ble– uh… blue Jetrax.

Just Jetrax? XD

Anyway, that sounds pretty awesome.

What would be awesomer is if you took off all the armor and weapons and stuff, you'd get the Form we saw in the 08 animations.

Doubt it'll happen, but I can dream. :P

[-The Alchemyst-]

I don't know if a Titan Mata Nui set is necessary (his Toa form is good enough especially with the Ignika)... but as long as it looks awesome (and is worth it)...I'll get it!!! If it's his Robot MU form, I'll get it!!!

Wow.

I've read the rumours of a bigger Mata Nui, but I think this makes it almost certain to happen.

I think wat Grag means by a "Larger Version" of the Mata Nui model is basically Tuma sized set :D

Hopefully with the gold Ignika.

But regardless of what he's wearing on his head....he'll most probably still have a weirdly small head and hands =[...and feel then need to carry a Thornax launcher =[

Speaking of Thornax, has anyone discected a Thornax yet? I'm interested to see what's inside them since it feels like there's something solid inside - it's a mystery :tongue:

Maybe I'll get one off bricklink and "science it up"

Will/Rocketbilly

Your complaint still doesn't make sense. Skrall are all individual characters. Why is it hard to believe one would work out more than the others and get stronger. Your argument is like saying everyone in the military must be exactly the same size and strength because they have the same basic regiment.

My point is that it doesn't make sense that in a Sparta-like society where all Skrall are incredible warriors, that they have the potential to get as buff as Stronius by working out. If they had that potential, then they would at least be slightly less wiry than the common Skrall currently is. Anyways, my complaint is moot point now, because Greg has said that Stronius is part of a different class from normal Skrall as the reason for his build. :sadnew:

Knew it.

Plz explain.

Plz explain.

Ok, I get it now, it's a thornax ring. What happened to the squishyness?

Ok, I get it now, it's a thornax ring. What happened to the squishyness?

If you're asking what happened to the rubber, I guess he cut it away.

If not, I have no idea what you're saying. O_o

I blame you guys, constantly asking for a Titan Mata Nui set. :P

I would physically squirt with gleeful hilarity if they went and released his body in gold... with an Ignika of dark blue and silver swirls lol.

The line would be canceled from reports of mass suicide.

Is that what Greg ment when he said we mite see to Mata nui's this year? And wouldent a golden Mata nui be pretty expensive. Also how much is Axalara in American $ and is Skopio around the same price?

Edited by Skulduggery

I would physically squirt with gleeful hilarity if they went and released his body in gold... with an Ignika of dark blue and silver swirls lol.

The line would be canceled from reports of mass suicide.

I'd love a set like that. Currently we aren't getting a gold ignika, and we're never going to get a gold 2008 ignika, so a treasure drove full of gold pieces and a co-injection Ignika would be a dream come true to me.

Of course, that's just me, and I'm sure lots of other people will switch to neo-shifters if BIONICLE did that to them. :grin:

I'd love a set like that. Currently we aren't getting a gold ignika, and we're never going to get a gold 2008 ignika, so a treasure drove full of gold pieces and a co-injection Ignika would be a dream come true to me.

But also, think of the prototypes…

There could be a gold/white mix in there somewhere. 8D

Is that what Greg ment when he said we mite see to Mata nui's this year? And wouldent a golden Mata nui be pretty expensive. Also how much is Axalara in American $ and is Skopio around the same price?

We're not too sure what Greg meant, but it's probably a Tuma-sized titan set. Releasing a golden Mata Nui would be more pointless than Yetrax, because it either be more expensive (because of the gold plastic), and not sell because of it, or the same price and the original wouldn't sell because the gold version is so much cooler. Axalara is $80 I think, and Skopio will be the same.