VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Ackar's Flame sword?

Take one MAta Nui Weapon piece.

Add a Flame.

Ta-da!

And i think two of Vastus's Shoulder armor make up Kiina's Body Armor.

Personally, it looks like the Ignika is Keet. D:

Looks like I'll be getting Vastus, Kiina and MN, maybe Gelu.

And Cendox. I'm the only guy who like the set it seems. ._.

[-The Alchemyst-]

The new flame piece is from the Troll fortress. ;)

And I want cendox as well. But then again, I'm getting all these sets. :grin:

OMG!!! These songs are awesome!!!!! Thanks for separating them....!!! :thumbup::thumbup: but does anyone know if there are lyrics to any of them??? (Wow...this place is full of goodies!!!! Both tricks and treats!! Too bad it's not Halloween.... LOL!!!!)

Toa Mata Nui

OMG!!! These songs are awesome!!!!! Thanks for separating them....!!! :thumbup::thumbup: but does anyone know if there are lyrics to any of them??? (Wow...this place is full of goodies!!!! Both tricks and treats!! Too bad it's not Halloween.... LOL!!!!)

Toa Mata Nui

Ummmmm...

there aren't any words in the songs so lyrics kind of wouldn't have any significance.

EDIT: while I'm thinking about it, could somebody link me to the page that brings up Atakus' swords having advanced/alien technology?

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

Thanks to VBBN greater pics, I've just realized that Vastus has a scythe! Look at the end of the weapon (right under Bionicle):

Epic.

The set still looks fail to me though.

Ummmmm...

there aren't any words in the songs so lyrics kind of wouldn't have any significance.

EDIT: while I'm thinking about it, could somebody link me to the page that brings up Atakus' swords having advanced/alien technology?

-Z

Here.

~Bunda

Either that or the colours are a specially designed formula. :wink:

Racists…

You're all welcome. I'm glad I have something useful to share))

Also! I just got MOAR NEW PICS. Umbrella title is... Legends?! oO

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tyranide...15e090fb2d5.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tyranide...6d9f003137e.jpg

:awesome:

Link: I was just gonna post them too. :tongue:

The Umbrella title is still Glatorian, the movie is called Legends. :wink:

Skopio is awesome. The treads do move, and can clearly fold into themselves for tank mode, the being has ORANGE Kalmah amour, and there is a life counter on his tail.

Eww, broken links.

Gelu= Seems like he just has two halves of a Snowflake on each side. =/ And other than that, his weapon and neat mask, it's a simple set. He looks really cool though.

I think you mean one half on each side. :P

New Pics

We have not seen these yet, have we?

Yay non-broken links.

Edited by Bfahome

Holy crap I think Kiina has a Vahki leg as a chest piece. o.o

I see a ball joint, the bulky upper part, and the spike like thing on the front by the joint. Wow. That'd be... uh... "inventive"

and the spikes are obviously part of the helmet. Seriously.

And stronius is still a mystery, although I don't think Vastus has a new torso anymore. :(

The newer sets looks great looking! I sure hope the price-tag is alot more generous when they come around.

Anyways, some of you guys were takling about Mata-Nui's personality and such. Personally, I hope there will be some kind of dark-side to him... like acting more threatening with eyes glowing red and the Ignika became (temporarily) black for effect.

I even did a drawing of him like this, if anyone wants to see it (I even did a short-story of this drawing of mine).

the_great_father_by_armandoestebanquito.jpg

he is the GREAT FATHER

THE FIRST GREAT BEING THAT COME TO EXISTENCE

OLD AND WISE

MORE POWERFULL THAN MATA NUI

10.000 UNIVERSES ARE IN HIM

ALL GREAT BEING KNOW HIM

EVEN IN THE DARKEST TIMES

THE GREAT FATHER WAS THERE

CREATING AND PROTECTING THE PEOPLE

BUT NOW...

HE'S DIYING...

this will continue in a short story titled "When the great Beings Cried"

i hope you will Like ;)

if someone ask...this character is from a Fan-Story that im Majing

Edited by Antrozek

Might as well do it now.

Link to "I'll Kill Him."

__I__ll_Kill_him____by_Krekka01.jpg

The image probably is not the greatest thing to ever grace the earth, but I like it. Caution: story that goes along the pic has two OCs and probably not canon in storyline. But anyways...

Enjoy! :D

^^^ At the GB Post: Lol wut?

And that's what I meant BFA, thanks for catching that. XP

Soild zamor colors??? You're lucky!!!!! I always wanted solid red ones for Inika Hewkii and Nuparu. I once colored them with a red permanent marker but it left a red mark in Nuparu's launcher. I didn't test Hewkii's because I didn't had an extra gunmetal zamor launcher (via hakann and avak) so I used nuparu's since I had an extra silver version since I had Vezok and Thok. Unfortunately I had to surrender the colors and had to clean them. It took forever to wash the marker out.... :sad:

Toa Mata Nui

Rubbing Alcohol removes Sharpie marks easily.

I'm mad they have a NXT 2.0.

I have 1.0, and now they come out with this like 2 years later?!

And it looks so much better. ;;

[-The Alchemyst-]

Holy crap I think Kiina has a Vahki leg as a chest piece. o.o

I see a ball joint, the bulky upper part, and the spike like thing on the front by the joint. Wow. That'd be... uh... "inventive"

and the spikes are obviously part of the helmet. Seriously.

And stronius is still a mystery, although I don't think Vastus has a new torso anymore. :(

Nah, pretty sure it's standard stuff.

Overall I think the second half of the year is a weaker showing...but I'm not surprised, it was like this in 2007 and 2008 too. I wonder why? Maybe they don't work on the second half as hard because they still get Christmas sales to bump them up?

Stronius seems pretty cool, a bruiser no doubt, if he's a Skrall with a name I'm expecting him to be of at least a sort of mid-boss.

Vastus I highly suspect to be the champion of the Atero tournament thingie, he has that wizened warrior look about him. Love the scythe, hate the legs.

Ackar is generic, if his weapon or helmet turn out to be super cool close up I'll probably be more excited, but for now he's kind of meh.

I like the look of Kiina, kind of a sickly, skinny thing going on. It's nice and consistent anyway, so it rocks.

Not a fan of Gelu at all. Hate his proportions and use of the Inika armor.

Really though, I just hate the generic backgrounds they all have. Much preferred the full elemental look, but at least we get that little slice on the side.

Edited by InnerRayg

The canister sets range from decent to great IMO, but the vehicles are just "meh." Skopio rocks, but it doesn't look like too much effort was put into Thornatus. I agree with whoever said that these don't excite me as much as the 2009 winter lineup.

-Sidorak-

I trust you ninja have saved all the deleted Brickshelf pics, yes? I spent all yesterday deliriously poopy and puking mah guts out.

::assumes all the new pics are the same ones on VBBN's Flickr::

::is confused why people still host leaks on Brickshelf instead of Flickr::

I trust you ninja have saved all the deleted Brickshelf pics, yes? I spent all yesterday deliriously poopy and puking mah guts out.

::assumes all the new pics are the same ones on VBBN's Flickr::

::is confused why people still host leaks on Brickshelf instead of Flickr::

Eh, VBBN's are higher quality.

And Rayg, I have to say, I think the Summer 08 was better than winter.

I mean the Toa were all simple and covered in nasty bley. They carried clunky Midak Skyblasters and were overall disappointing. The Makuta were better [<3 Vamprah], but overall the best set, IMO is Toa Ignika.

Then in the summer we have the other Three Toa. I have Tahu and Onua, and with a few mods [aka shrinking Onua], without any extra pieces, I enjoy them a lot more than the other Toa. They have the new jets, they have sleek, neat masks. And the silver > bley. Then the Makuta are different. While I do think the Phankuta are better than the Mistika Makuta, it did reintroduce Mata Yellow, bring some interesting designs, and summer brought the return of complex sets. It also brought the best set of 08, Rockoh [Completely my opinion].

07 Winter also had the Barraki... but the Mahri were awesome... But they had Cordak Blasters... Hmmm... I'm split on this. 07 was a pretty weak year for me.

[-The Alchemyst-]

And the silver > bley.

Disagreed.

However, for the most part, I do think the Mistika Toa were better. Don't have Tahu, don't want him. Pohatu and Kopaka are pretty lame. Want Lewa. Onua is cool. Gali has too much silver but if you make her neck longer she is <3

~Bunda

Looking at the new canisters better, I totally want them more. Not more or less than the current Winter guys, but equally.

So much awesome.

Other than the return of all the shitty silver, these things are great looking.

Looking at the new canisters better, I totally want them more. Not more or less than the current Winter guys, but equally.

So much awesome.

Other than the return of all the shitty silver, these things are great looking.

What? Only Mata Nui has silver weapons, but that's because he doesn't know any better because he's from the MU. :tongue:

Agreed. Kiina's weapon is an elemental specific water weapon and win, which isn't a standard "silver weapon".

It pisses me off that the large sets for the summer are all vehicles, so I'm not commenting on those.

I will, however, comment on the canisters.

Kiina: Doesn't look half bad. Looks like we have a new body, so that's good. Mata Blue Spiked Inika feet. Nice.

Ackar:Not bad. Red Mahritoran blades is nice. He's not bad, and not great.

Gelu:Doesn't look too great. What's with the Metus shield placed randomly? Ah well, at least we have White Inika chest armor and a helmet that looks like a Bear's head.

Vastus:Meh, seems too skinny. Can't say much else.

Mata Nui:As long as he has Brown, I'm fine. I'm highly dissapointed with no Tan, however. And sadly, we have a BLACK Inika body...What's wrong with making it Brown or tan?

Stronius:Lots of people like him, But I hate it. The weapon looks out of place, and he just seems too bulky. Meh.

SUDDENLY Brickshelf folders are deleted. Fail. What's the point of these deletions if these pics will appear on other hostings? It's like some noobish directors/musicians asking fans to make fake torrents of their new work. It's the struggle that copyright supporters won't win.

Kaxium's still cool. If I'll be able, I'll get this set, love bikes.

And I hope Thornatus rider isn't adapted Malum :D