Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR-Ship] HMS Nimble

Out of the morning mist around Westface shoots the spectre of an unknown schooner. In forts around the city, guns are loaded and levelled, preparing for the order to fire. The recent pirate attacks on Mooreton Bay have left many a harbour defence on the edge.

Approaching close to the wind, the signal hoist on the foremast is obscured, but as one artillery officer is just about to give the order to fire, a signals post repeats the private signal from the schooner, identifying it as a friend rather than a foe.

Following directly, a new signal breaks out, calling for the captain of the HMS Greyhound to repair aboard at once. At shore, the signal confounds the commandant, as the Greyhound has long since departed the station. However, Captain Cooke, spotting the signal from his portside inn, realises that it can only refer to him and rushes to the pier.

53033483931_dc1eedd6d5_b.jpg

The schooner HMS Nimble is newly built off a Balondian yard and just arrived in Terra Nova. The 10 gun schooner is armed with 6 pounder guns, and built specifically for the rough seas of the colonies. She is a weatherly craft, able in high seas and able to lie very close to the wind. Now she is the first in a squadron of ships sent to reinforce the colonies, under the command of Captain Cooke.

53033879535_c123b6b1d6_b.jpg

Another small hull piece test for a class 3 schooner.

Cute

Nice overall build.
I have a little trouble with the beak. It looks a bit weird to me that it is lower than the railing and has that long flat surface which is rounded in the front.
But with these colours it also reminds me of the beak of a seagull:D

Fine rigging! 

The ship is very elegant. Makes it look slimmer than it probably is. :pir-thumb:

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Mein Gott! Soon you'll be able to walk back home to Corrington just by stepping from one docked ship to another. 

Sounds like you want to introduce the next faction to BoBS :pir-laugh:

But we need the Dutch guys first. They were doing quite well as a sea power.

3 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I thought we had both of those covered. The Germans (Germany didn't even exist for most of the age of sail) is Carno, and the Dutch are part of Eslandola. That's where we get Weelond and such from.

8 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I thought we had both of those covered. The Germans (Germany didn't even exist for most of the age of sail) is Carno, and the Dutch are part of Eslandola. That's where we get Weelond and such from.

Why did nobody tell me? (Thanks :pir-grin:)

18 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Amen! 

Time for the Eslandolan - RepliDutch 80' years war !