Murdoch17

rural railway station for Thomas and Friends characters - real world MOC

Nearly two years ago, I built this model in real bricks. I then promptly forgot to take pictures of it. Oh well, better late than never!

This building provides a station for my LEGO versions of the rail-based Thomas the Tank Engine characters, and a place to put Bertie thus bus. The station was inspired by either a old Railbricks or an early Brick Journal article. (I can't remember which!)

53072783644_2ee3a94e60_z.jpg

Here is the track side view, with a mail box on the platform. I named the station 'Davis' for two reasons:

1) It sounds British-like

2) I had the printed tiles lying around and wanted to use them somewhere. This MOC provided me a perfect opportunity!

53072591401_4ef1220f9a_z.jpg

The street entrance has a small staircase to the station building, with the ramp allowing freight to get to the platform level.

53072994395_a1b16dba77_z.jpg

The inside features two rooms: the ticket office with stove (on left) and the quite small waiting room (right side). Three chairs are inside the public area, with more waiting space is outside on the platform.

53072591406_7daf24447b_z.jpg

The model is modular, with two different size platform extensions, main building, and the roof.

That's all I have on this one...

Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Edited by Murdoch17

It looks good. The canopy looks slightly more shop-front awning than one of the traditional wrought-iron station roofs but it goes nicely with your trains. Nice build!

Nice station for a small branch line. Small, yet effective. I will echo the comment the roof does have the wrong color feel for a station, but it does add a spot of color to a layout.

22 hours ago, jimmynick said:

It looks good. The canopy looks slightly more shop-front awning than one of the traditional wrought-iron station roofs but it goes nicely with your trains. Nice build!

34 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Nice station for a small branch line. Small, yet effective. I will echo the comment the roof does have the wrong color feel for a station, but it does add a spot of color to a layout.

Thanks for you kind comments @jimmynick and @Feuer Zug! I chose that style of blue / white awning and the yellow brickwork based on train station seen in the "Shining Time" TV show (it was a live action show used for bringing Thomas and Friends episodes to America in the 1990's) and more so in the "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" movie, which also has Shining Time station featured. I was actually originally going to name the station Shining Time, but couldn't print good enough stickers.

Edited by Murdoch17