Sign in to follow this  
Legoman123

Thoughts on a one of POTC set coming back in the ICONS theme

Given the different sets in the Lego Icons theme what do you all think the chances are of seeing a POTC set such as a Black Pearl or even better a Flying Dutchman? 

Doubt it, unless there's a new movie that would feature one of those...

A D2C Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman would be a dream! If only :pirate-sad

This is such a beaten horse of a topic, tbh :pir-grin: Nothing would be a better UCS/ICONS set for PoTC than Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman. I highly doubt we'd ever get any of those, unless the 6th movie happens & brings Davy Jones back with his vessel, which I, as a diehard fan of the franchise, sincerely wish won't be the case. Then again, it's Disney's choice to decide if they want to promote PoTC with LEGO sets once more or not. Given that we only had 71042 for a limited period back in 2017 to go along with DMTNT, I can see Disney simply not considering it next time at all. Frankly, I don't even consider PoTC franchise to be relevant at this point. There are lots of reasons to suggest so, but that's a whole different convo.

1 minute ago, F1stzz said:

This is such a beaten horse of a topic, tbh :pir-grin: Nothing would be a better UCS/ICONS set for PoTC than Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman. I highly doubt we'd ever get any of those, unless the 6th movie happens & brings Davy Jones back with his vessel, which I, as a diehard fan of the franchise, sincerely wish won't be the case. Then again, it's Disney's choice to decide if they want to promote PoTC with LEGO sets once more or not. Given that we only had 71042 for a limited period back in 2017 to go along with DMTNT, I can see Disney simply not considering it next time at all. Frankly, I don't even consider PoTC franchise to be relevant at this point. There are lots of reasons to suggest so, but that's a whole different convo.

True, but then why bring back LOTR Rivendell from a movie that came out over 20 years ago? 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

True, but then why bring back LOTR Rivendell from a movie that came out over 20 years ago? 

Cuz Tolkien's greatest creation has always been relevant, I suppose? I mean, LOTR universe has a lot more layers to it than simply being a movie based on a Disneyland ride :pir-grin: There's a constant buzz around LOTR: first of all, the source material in books gathers more & more audience all the time; quite a few excellent movies were made; count all the videogames too; action figures have never been out of production — long story short, Tolkien's universe is alive & well, despite some streaming platforms cheaply trying to capitalize on it, lol. It will pretty much always be relevant, bcuz it has a great depth to it, millions of fans worldwide (and counting) & most importantly — u don't need "another movie" to keep this universe alive and relevant in the first place. It's sustainable in itself. PoTC, on the other hand... Well, once in a decade a film needs to be made in order to remind the audience that "PoTC is still around", kek. And nobody would even care about the franchise if Johnny Depp is not in it, & dude is pushing his 60s rn, mind u, not to mention everything that happened between him & Disney. PoTC wasn't even meant to be a franchise, but if Disney along with Jerry Bruckheimer wanted to make this thing truly grand — they should've put in a whole lot more effort than simply stamping random movies one after another. Now the opportunity to make PoTC a "larger than life" type of series is long gone, while LOTR has been IT for quite a bit longer than 20 years.

Uh why Lego Icons? I mean PotC property belongs to Disney so there shoudl be a set under Disney theme??

If Lego can sell it and make money I don't see why they wouldn't release it. We just need to keep the pirate theme momentum up with Lego

I think it's more likely we'll see a new set whenever a new PoTC hits cinemas, I would love an ICONS Pearl but I don't see it happening any time soon. I do have the original 4184 Pearl and I will be looking for an acrylic box so I can display it without worrying about the dust, for such a small ship it really has an imposing presence with the black color scheme but damn wouldn't a more accurate ICONS set be a dream come true. :drool: