Finding the best place to sell your apples is hard sometimes.

Mr. Smith thought he had the best place in town to sell his granny's apples, he thought many people would pass this gate. 

He didn't thought about the sun though, meanwhile all the customers would gather at the vendor behind him. Who is selling his own delicious apples where the crowd did gather.

53065916108_f2bd6d89e3_b.jpg

An apple vendor rivalry by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

--

Build for the Summer Joust 2023 Light & Shadow category, which has this description:

Utilize light and shadow to contrast the lives of two beings within a single scene.

For example, a prince riding down a bright sunny street on his gallant steed, while beggars crouch in a cold dark alley.

Or you could flip the scenario and have a queen in her magnificent but lonely hall, while a scullery maid enjoys a meal in the cozy kitchens with other servants.

The lighting should emphasize the different emotions of each section of the scene.

Lovely scene you’ve got there, I’m very much digging the cobblestone technique as well as the lantern and the timbered house on the back! Moreover, I love how you used slopes and the brackets to achieve the arch, it definitely does add in a lot more detail than a simple arch piece could. Keep it up! :sweet: :thumbup:

Cool build & great shot. Especially like the high-level of details. My favorites are the floor and of course the rat with its tail