Hello builders,

I've started the long process of reorganizing my LEGO parts and I want to get back into constructing LEGO MOCs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmPheh5RghbIpxTnO2FzG

I'm looking for inspiration. I'm interested in MOCs of a 16x32 foundation. Whilst I understand some may see this size as too small, I feel it's good for conserving precious space. I'm wanting to construct a street, with buildings opposite side.

If anyone has any decent 16x32 foundation MOCs that they would like to share, please feel free. 😊

A quick search:

(will edit this post)

Two 16x32 next to each other in the street you want to construct does not save space vs. a 32 x 32 baseplate.

Anyway, here's my Caribbean inspired 16x32 Scuba Shop with free instructions.

52864090809_c297f164b8_b.jpg

@Berthil very creative MOC, I like it!

So originally I meant 32 wide and 16 back. I understand a lot of people do 16 wide and 32 back though. As for 'saving space', I meant overall. As a kid I used to use 32x32 a lot and the town took up more space quicker.

Two of my older MOCs on 32x16 base that were used to fill the gaps and add some variety to city dioramas in our LUG events:

Fast food outlet:

dsc01075.jpg

Clock kiosk:

dsc01287.jpg

Both together:

dsc01296.jpg

I've made my first ever modular building in 16x16 scale, I've seen as small as 10x10 scale still looking good (imo) although realistic interiors are impossible at that scale the facade/outside can look great. Having said that I think your 32 wide by 16 deep idea is very good. I think I'll make an appartment building on that scale as 16x16 will be too small for that.

Hi there @CyrodiilWarrior:pir-sweet:

I myself have been into modulars for a very long time and have covered a big amount that's done before 2019 in the topic below, feel free to check it out if you feel like doing some browsing. A majority of the MOCs below will be 32x32 of course, but I'm sure you can spot quite a few 16x32 ones as well! :laugh:

Cheers!

On 7/27/2023 at 6:15 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

I've made my first ever modular building in 16x16 scale, I've seen as small as 10x10 scale still looking good (imo) although realistic interiors are impossible at that scale the facade/outside can look great. Having said that I think your 32 wide by 16 deep idea is very good. I think I'll make an appartment building on that scale as 16x16 will be too small for that.

@Dutch ThricemanI like 'em, good work! Had a little browse of your Flickr. 😊

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Hi there @CyrodiilWarrior:pir-sweet:

I myself have been into modulars for a very long time and have covered a big amount that's done before 2019 in the topic below, feel free to check it out if you feel like doing some browsing. A majority of the MOCs below will be 32x32 of course, but I'm sure you can spot quite a few 16x32 ones as well! :laugh:

Cheers!

@LegoModularFan: I can understand you building your MOCs mostly 32x32, they're incredible! They're works of art. 😊 For me, a smaller scale is more suitable. I've been lazy lately with the organization of the old LEGO parts, work has been taking too much of my time.

3 minutes ago, CyrodiilWarrior said:

@LegoModularFan: I can understand you building your MOCs mostly 32x32, they're incredible! They're works of art. 😊 For me, a smaller scale is more suitable. I've been lazy lately with the organization of the old LEGO parts, work has been taking too much of my time.

Oh oops, sorry for the confusion... None of the above are my MOCs but rather just a collection of some of my favorite modulars out there, which I thought might give you some inspiration on the long run! :sweet: