Lixander

Lego Technic Tamiya Neo Fighter buggy (but it is 4x4)

Among those 3 buggy`s/ truggy`s that I have to test-build them I just managed to add a 4th one.

This one is the first 4x4 with 2 motors. As usual, it packs some buggy motors (2 of them, as I said), a servo, removable body (at least semi-detachable), positive caster-angle and full independent suspension.

The weight is just under 900g; pretty decent, considering it is 4x4 and that has a pretty big body and some useless pieces to imitate the electric motor of the real RC buggy.

Unfortunately, I think that this will only be available with normal RC batteries, because almost no existing hub for Lego is not fitting.

T1-2.png

T2_2%20LWR.png

Edited by Lixander

I'm not familiar with the real thing (I'm more Hotshot/Boomerang era) but I very much like that fake 540 motor at the back :classic:

11 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

I'm not familiar with the real thing (I'm more Hotshot/Boomerang era) but I very much like that fake 540 motor at the back :classic:

That was a must, becuase the rear was lacking detail and was pretty empty too

8 minutes ago, vergogneless said:

Good work again ! It does seem very solid. Do you have the reference for the tires?

Thanks a lot! The Lego or the Tamiya ones?

There are the spiked ones.

Tires: 75.1 x 28 mm Spiky Tread

Rim: 43.2mm D. x 26mm Technic Racing Small

Cool, thanks! It's not the first time I've seen them, and they've always caught my eye. What do you think of them? Are they of good quality? Do they stay well on the rim? Are they soft or hard?

9 minutes ago, vergogneless said:

Cool, thanks! It's not the first time I've seen them, and they've always caught my eye. What do you think of them? Are they of good quality? Do they stay well on the rim? Are they soft or hard?

The tires are pretty stiff and have a good grip on the rim.

The off-road performance is not so great, but better than other Lego tires. They tend to dig, because of the spikes, so you can get pretty easily stuck in the sand.

Okay, thanks for the information! I'll see if I can find the original ones, but they cost around thirty euros with shipping to France:/

I'm also considering the fischertechnik tires, which are 100% compatible. According to the feedback, they are really good, and the price is unbeatable.

https://www.fischertechnikwebshop.com/en-gb/tractore-tyre-d60-121661-en-gb?limit=100

Yeah, I understand. Some pieces has sky-rocketing prices. Like the 15L or the 13L liftarm in light-bluish-grey.

And if you know that an RC tire fits a Lego rims and you want performance, go for it. I also have a copy of the RC4WD MTZ Baja 1.55” tires for the 43.2D x26mm rims - they are great!

Edited by Lixander

I mentioned in the first post of this topic that I have some other buggy`s/ truggy`s that have to be test-build.

Some of them I consider to let them unfinished, mainly because I figured out better solutions in the newer creations that must be tested and build.

One of them is my first truggy, my first detachable body off-roader and my first 4x4 creation; alongside it is a multiple premiere, it uses 4x buggy motors and, of course, a servo for the steering, 4x 6.5L hard shock absorbers has positive caster-angle and detachable body with many color options.

Unlike a truggy, being among my first 5 ever creations, it uses a solid axle at the back, which is the main reason that makes me to let it unfinishied.

So, taking into consideration the main subject of the topic - my Lego Technic Tamiya Neo Fighter (still 4x4) and the reason to not make it (4x expensive motors that require proper batteries; the model requires a big modification for full independent suspension; it is pretty big) and to make it (it looks good; has pretty much no competitor; has lots of color options), should I test-build the 4x motor truggy?

PR.%20RENDER%201%20LWR.pngPR.%20RENDER%202%20LWR.png

Edited by Lixander