zen-es

RC High Performance Motorized LEGO PEUGEOT 9X8 Hybrid Hypercar brushless motor #42156

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Okay, I have heard about motors that have screw points at 16mm distance, so do you simply screw them into the pinhole then?

About the kv rating, I understand that, but is the 3:1 gearing that you mention inside the motor? There's one thing though I don't understand about kv rating and maybe you can help; I see sometimes that the same motor (same brand, same size) is available with different kv ratings. I get that the one with a bigger kv rating will be faster. But does that mean that it will also be weaker in terms of torque? In other words, does the one with the lower kv rating have more torque while being slower? Or is the lower one simply slower at the same torque (so less power overall)? I'd be interested in slower but more powerful motors for off-roaders.

Ad one more thing: do you guys have some tricks to mount batteries to lego parts, or do you just throw them onto the frame somewhere? I have seen somebody attaching them to 5x7 frames or something like that..

Okay @gyenesvi I will give you and all that read this topic a sneak preview of something that I am currently working on, to help you and others that may have same questions.

Mounting A2212

As you can see here I screwed "Flat Head Screw M3 X 10mm" to body of the A2212 motor and get through pinholes of Lego Technic 87082. This right away gives me possibility to mount the motor easily to Lego chassis. Be aware that I left one stud hole between two 87082 parts, because in that hole there is a part of A2212 motor shaft that is spinning pretty fast.

Next your questions was about gearing down 3:1. What I meant here is that there is gearing down done by @FriedlS in his model, but after closer look it is not 12-tooth gear to 36-tooth gear, but 12-tooth gear to 20-tooth gear (the black 20-tooth gear confused me, haha). There is no additional gearing down that I can see, that was in the initital post (third picture, gray oval metal part attached directly to the motor).

To answer your question about kv/torque values in same size of brushless motor I will redirect you to this video. It explains it for sure better than I can:

Your final question about placement of the battery can be answered by my photo below.

Battery placement

This battery is "GensAce 11,1 V 1800 mAh", dimensions are 92x31x25mm. They are not 100% ideal for Lego system but 25mm side can fit nice and tight in 5x7 frame, without any issues and I can still use that frame as structural support in my models. Of course you can find different batteries, but keep in mind 8mm distance(one stud distance), that will help you get what you need.

The final thing that I wanted to share with you guys is attaching Lego Technic bricks to shafts of the brushless motors. In most outrunner brushless motors (for example A2212) the shafts are oval, without any grooves and this does not help attaching anything to it. With a help of @janssnet video I modified A2212 shaft so I can use it in a way I preffer (without drilling, cutting or anything like that in Lego parts):

So what I did in my A2212 motor is I removed the shaft from it and then grinded it to the point it matched the groove that was already in it (below I attach photo of A2212 motor shaft with mentioned groove).

Brushless Motor 2212 Shaft | 2216 2217 Rear Axle Motor | 2217 Brushless  Motor - 6pcs - Aliexpress

After that, I put motor back together and attach first a half technic bush as a separator. Then, with a help of small cutted part of a credit card or any card I can attach any Technic part. In case of photo below I attached Lego 52731 part.

A2212 into Lego system

The small technic bush above helps me create the distance that matches Lego Technic system (multiple of eight milimeters). Created distance from one end of that bush to the end of the motor is ~32mm.

@Krxlion as i mentioned, i use 12:20 and 8:24 so the gear ratio without the differtialis is 1:5. I guess the differitial has got a ratio about 1:2. 
In my opinion it  is ok for the axles 😊

There is also a topic about bruhsless RC components and lego here:

Some further information:

The gear ratio of this differential is approximately 1:2,6 .

So my total ratio is 1:12.5, with the 3600kv motor and 2s Lipo the speed of the rear axle is approximately 2049 rpm.

Edited by FriedlS
Additional information

Some more pictures:

zenelego-closed-differential-0.jpg

zenelego-closed-differential-2.jpg

zenelego-closed-differential-3.jpg

zenelego-closed-differential-4.jpg

zenelego-closed-differential-5.jpg

So also the "diff only" product contains the two different adaptors (2x per unit to exchange the outputs).

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

22 hours ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

So also the "diff only" product contains the two different adaptors (2x per unit to exchange the outputs).

So can the input end be changed? Can you put a U-joint in directly withou having to add a 2L axle? I think I saw that possible in the output end.

So i was a quiet reader for some time, mainly about lego combined with rc. But since i ordered a differential and the 1:8 hubs from them and they arrived today i thought i should give some feedback.

I might just have had bad luck but, so far i can not say that it's worth it. The differential has massive internal friction(if you hold one side it's almost impossible to turn the input) and i was suprised that it came in white.
The hubs are unusable as they won't spin freely cause the 3D printed part is tilted causing the whole rotation axle to be missaligened. That's the case with all 4 hubs.

@gyenesviI only got the diff with the adapters where you can insert an axle. The Clutch power on the axle is quite high but the adapter itself falls out to easy. So you have to brace that again which kinda makes the whole idea with the ball bearings obsolete.

Btw. the Diff seems to be a common rc metal diff with a 2:1 ratio.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:42 PM, Krxlion said:

The final thing that I wanted to share with you guys is attaching Lego Technic bricks to shafts of the brushless motors. In most outrunner brushless motors (for example A2212) the shafts are oval, without any grooves and this does not help attaching anything to it. With a help of @janssnet video I modified A2212 shaft so I can use it in a way I preffer (without drilling, cutting or anything like that in Lego parts):

So what I did in my A2212 motor is I removed the shaft from it and then grinded it to the point it matched the groove that was already in it (below I attach photo of A2212 motor shaft with mentioned groove).

Brushless Motor 2212 Shaft | 2216 2217 Rear Axle Motor | 2217 Brushless  Motor - 6pcs - Aliexpress

After that, I put motor back together and attach first a half technic bush as a separator. Then, with a help of small cutted part of a credit card or any card I can attach any Technic part. In case of photo below I attached Lego 52731 part.

A2212 into Lego system

The small technic bush above helps me create the distance that matches Lego Technic system (multiple of eight milimeters). Created distance from one end of that bush to the end of the motor is ~32mm 

Is it durable enough? I have a problem with the Lego connection to the driveshaft (I've had it glued with super glue before, but it's still not strong). Does it slide out and cause unnecessary friction? 

So this is finally what I've always wanted (an idiotproof plug and play RC set with remote, ESC, battery, motor, servo that somehow fits to Lego parts)? One negative review (about the diff quality if I read that correctly), otherwise people seem to be happy with it?

Anybody got pictures of the remote? In all their (weird) videos I never saw it..

I'd be tempted, if it wasn't so expensive (200€ for few China pieces)?

Edited by wower

4 hours ago, wower said:

So this is finally what I've always wanted (an idiotproof plug and play RC set with remote, ESC, battery, motor, servo that somehow fits to Lego parts)?

Yeah, that's what everybody wants, but we don't know if this is it or not. The electronics just seems like anything you could buy in an RC shop, not more lego compatible in any way (no lego casing and mounting points, just electronics and wires).

One negative review (about the diff quality if I read that correctly), otherwise people seem to be happy with it?

Well there's just one positive review either, who has actually tested some of the components (other than the seller himself, which does not count as a review). So I'd say it's pretty much a gamble yet.

My biggest problem is that we don't even know what the components are exactly, and what their specifications are..

Anybody got pictures of the remote? In all their (weird) videos I never saw it..

There is no remote included afaik. Neither battery, it seems.

They mention remote and battery though: 

Super Power Functions Kit includes:

• PDF Instruction and On-line guide
  • Modified building block bag
  • Metal shaft
  • Aluminum alloy universal joint
  • Bearing drive axle
  • RC metal differential
  • 400W brushless motor
  • Brushless ESC
  • High-speed steering gear
  • 2200mAh 3s lithium battery
  • Lithium battery charger
  • Battery voltage display
  • Remote control
  • Receiver
  • Small drill bit (for drilling the wheel and fixing the drive axle)

@wower The diff is fine, just white which they said the color is kinda random. It's output axles need proper support as even the slights angle causes the diff to almost block, but might be different in a whole model.
The 1:8 Wheelshups were a problem, but after a small chat with their support they are gonna send a replacement.
If the new hubs work as intendet i can recommend them. The ballbearings are fine(2 per Hub), looks like they use MR 117 ZZ / 2Z 7x11x3 mm bearings glued into a cada hub. The connection from the bearings to the wheel(replacement for part 35189 ) is custom printed and at least seems to be a pretty sturdy print.

Just be aware that the 1:8 secure the Tires with a screw in the middle so you need the 44 wide hubs without a center hole. Also be aware that the normal 56x34 rims won't fit

5 hours ago, wower said:

In the peugeot-hybrid-hypercar kit they show a pic of the remote. But no idea wich one that is

51 minutes ago, Ryokeen said:

@wower The diff is fine, just white which they said the color is kinda random. It's output axles need proper support as even the slights angle causes the diff to almost block, but might be different in a whole model.
The 1:8 Wheelshups were a problem, but after a small chat with their support they are gonna send a replacement.
If the new hubs work as intendet i can recommend them. The ballbearings are fine(2 per Hub), looks like they use MR 117 ZZ / 2Z 7x11x3 mm bearings glued into a cada hub. The connection from the bearings to the wheel(replacement for part 35189 ) is custom printed and at least seems to be a pretty sturdy print.

Just be aware that the 1:8 secure the Tires with a screw in the middle so you need the 44 wide hubs without a center hole. Also be aware that the normal 56x34 rims won't fit

In the peugeot-hybrid-hypercar kit they show a pic of the remote. But no idea wich one that is

Thanks I had overlooked that. Unfortunately it's one of those ugly pistol shaped monstrosities (which I understand is widespread in RC but I just find them hideous and impractical for my little kids).. :-(

@Ryokeen @wower

I thought this conroller was cool enough, hahah, it seems I was wrong. If you have any recommended controller, please tell me and I will try to make some adaptations.

微信图片_20231005220832 拷贝.jpg

On 10/4/2023 at 8:23 PM, gyenesvi said:

There is no remote included afaik. Neither battery, it seems.

Friend,

You may be looking at the accessories section. Our BM collection mainly divide into two categories:
1. The BM Kit of 42143, 42156, and 42096 include all modification requirements( Such as differential, remote control, ESC, motor, battery, etc. I think wower posted the list very clearly.), except the LEGO set itself.
2. The other part is the accessories section, mainly related to differentials and wheels and transaxle related.
I think you can refer to this for more details: Technics RC (zenelego.com)

We still have a lot to improve on how to provide better descriptions and specification for understanding clearly, and hope you can give us some suggestions.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, gyenesvi said:

I have been wondering how the motor is fixed to lego parts? Does it have attachment points in the front only? What kind of? Is that enough?

@gyenesvi The white part in the picture above is the differential, which is fixed through the frame and can be connected to the round hole of the motor. 

微信截图_20231006163116 拷贝.jpg

24 minutes ago, ZENE said:

I thought this conroller was cool enough, hahah, it seems I was wrong. If you have any recommended controller, please tell me and I will try to make some adaptations.

Many people would want to use their own existing controller I guess, so it should be possible to separate that out.

You may be looking at the accessories section.

Yes, I am only interested in parts independently, not a kit for one model. I want to mix and match.

Our BM collection mainly divide into two categories:

What does BM mean?

The other part is the accessories section, mainly related to differentials and wheels and transaxle related.

This is what I need. But this does not list all the parts. It would be good to see them listed separately from kits, so that I can clearly see what parts you have.

We still have a lot to improve on how to provide better descriptions and specification for understanding clearly, and hope you can give us some suggestions.

Well first thing is list all the parts you have, and for all parts provide clear photos and indicate separate price. Also show / describe how they connect to other parts. I want to know what I can build from these parts. It's supposed to be like lego after all.

For example I don't even know what length of metal driveshafts can I build? What lengths exist as parts, and how can I join them if I need to? Also, it's still not clear what inputs the diff can have (just axle or U-joint as well)? How do I use it in a live axle? How do I join a U-joint to the input end and a straight axle to the output end? (though the output end is now more clear because the guys here posted photos, but from the website it's not clear)

2 minutes ago, ZENE said:

@gyenesvi The white part in the picture above is the differential, which is fixed through the frame and can be connected to the round hole of the motor. 

So does that mean that the motor has two pinholes in the front? Are there only two? Or more? Can it be supported on the rear end as well? We need connection info for all parts.

Also sizes. What's the size of that motor (how many studs length/width/height)?

For the wheel hubs, what connections do they have? (pins, axles, U-joints), are they the same size / geometry as lego hubs? What rims can I attach to them and how? Things like these.

@gyenesvi BM means "brushless motor" and you are 100% right in your comments. For me right now the website is still not as professional and trustworthy as I would like it to be. There are no names or brands of RC components at all, thus making it more distrustful. Regarding components itself I feel like only differentials, steering wheel hubs and this small transmission attached to BM are the only things I would consider worth checking. Other components can be bought from different websites for a fraction of the money that is stated on the website.

Edit: I have even found out now the 36mm gearboxes that are attached to BM and they are available in different gear-ratios for like 10-15€.

Edited by Krxlion

47 minutes ago, Krxlion said:

@gyenesvi BM means "brushless motor" and you are 100% right in your comments. For me right now the website is still not as professional and trustworthy as I would like it to be. There are no names or brands of RC components at all, thus making it more distrustful. Regarding components itself I feel like only differentials, steering wheel hubs and this small transmission attached to BM are the only things I would consider worth checking. Other components can be bought from different websites for a fraction of the money that is stated on the website.

Edit: I have even found out now the 36mm gearboxes that are attached to BM and they are available in different gear-ratios for like 10-15€.

First of all, regarding the price issue, I don’t want to discuss it here. I think all of us just want to share some works and ideas here so that everyone has the freedom to choose. I believe friends who have used it will understand our design, materials, services, and free shipping.

Since these products of ours are all hand-made and some parts are 3D printed, the specifications and instructions are not provided detailly. The initial production is also to form an RC set. But thank you very much for your suggestions, we will gradually improve the relevant information. In addition, regarding the issue of trust, I think my service tenet is "Don't worry, we will solve it for you." In this regard, we hope to continue long-term cooperation with every friend.

I can only give good feedback on @ZENE.

As stated before in the thread two units are working fine for me, also with pretty fast shipping (10-12days it was from CN Mainland to Germany), packaging was also really good (cardbox with single-packaged units in the package).
I wasn't yet able to give it some deeper testing of the units itself. I will write you a mail when I am ready @ZENE (read your mail, but wasn't able to answer yet).

I personally am open to invest in people trying out new concepts which could improve our technical creations in the long run -  @Krxlion I can understand being cautious but at least I got delivered what was offered on their site without having any claims - maybe it softens your concerns to some little degree :)

Small update from my side, they did send replacement parts perrty fast and so far they now work as they should. They do have some initial rolling resistance but for it seems like that comes from the type of bearing used.
Positive to mention is that the parts are quite well glued/screwed together so a wheel won't come of unless something breaks.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, ZENE said:

@Ryokeen @wower

微信图片_20231005220832 拷贝.jpg

Friend,

You may be looking at the accessories section. Our BM collection mainly divide into two categories:
1. The BM Kit of 42143, 42156, and 42096 include all modification requirements( Such as differential, remote control, ESC, motor, battery, etc. I think wower posted the list very clearly.), except the LEGO set itself.
2. The other part is the accessories section, mainly related to differentials and wheels and transaxle related.
I think you can refer to this for more details: Technics RC (zenelego.com)

I'd prefer a normal remote with two sticks :-)

We have recently further upgraded the differential. The output interface is made of one-piece steel instead of the previous nylon material. I think it is indestructible.

https://youtu.be/F37HhdK6dYY?si=6EOQCrpqma9TUqCo

For previous verion: 

Don't worry. The previous version is also very strong. If the interface is damaged, please contact me. My new design takes this replacement into consideration, and I will provide you with replacement accessories and solutions to upgrade it.

Edited by ZENE

I have a few questions:

1. Is everything to make this set motorized included in the RC kit?

2. What is the difference in the lighting part of the Power Functions kit and the regular Light Kit?

14 hours ago, hello1322 said:

I have a few questions:

1. Is everything to make this set motorized included in the RC kit?

2. What is the difference in the lighting part of the Power Functions kit and the regular Light Kit?

@hello1322 Thanks for your questions.

1. Yes, all modification accessories.Of course, the Lego itself must be your own😉

2. This super power modification kit comes with special lights that are compatible with the remote control and are directly controlled by the same remote control handle.

Edited by ZENE

edit: moved it to other thread

Edited by wower