thomas_jenkins_bricks

[M4-23 - Minifigure Habitat] - ILM model makers

52952389732_82f6115020_c.jpgMinifigure Habitat - ILM model makers by Thomas  Jenkins, on Flickr

I went a bit meta for my Minifigure Habitat entry.

I was trying to emulate a behind the scenes ILM model department in this MOC but perhaps it comes across as a bit more of a generic workshop, but Star Wars related nonetheless!

Here's an image that inspired this little scene: 5n79s5mj

I had a lot of fun recreating my own props for this scene like the desklamp, pots of paint, and other paraphernalia found in the workspace as well as some tiny Star Wars vehicles: the AT-AT is my favourite.

Edited by thomas_jenkins_bricks
fixed link

damn it, you know the moment Thomas_Jenkins_Bricks enters thats it, game over.....

you're just too good man, leave some for the rest of us xD

On 6/6/2023 at 2:17 AM, Thedbbuildworks said:

damn it, you know the moment Thomas_Jenkins_Bricks enters thats it, game over.....

Haha! Oh stop, I'm blushing! There have been some excellent entries so I think my chances are pretty slim!

21 hours ago, SATSOK said:

Wonderfull !!!!

Welldone

Thank you!

11 hours ago, CommanderJonny1 said:

Fun take on the build prompt. The vehicle models are nice, but I really like the part storage cabinets.

Cheers! I assumed other builders would build something in-universe so I wanted to put a bit of a spin on things. The black one in the corner has an open drawer modelled into it but you can't see it at this angle, unfortunately! 

The more I look at it the more details pop up, and I really like that "pixar" lamp =D

Nicely out of the box and yet still on theme; the AT-AT is the highlight and I personally really dig like how the lamp came out, as it conveys the time period and workshop aura wonderfully.

I love your unique take with all your entries. I think you really nailed the spirit of ILM here.

the is a great rendition of the ILM here, that AT-AT is like the mini to the mini...the amount of the details put in are fantastic

On 6/5/2023 at 7:17 PM, Thedbbuildworks said:

I thought the same thing!

and this MOC deserve our thoughts: is very tiny but respect perfectly the ILM spirit at its beginning when Star Wars wasn't yet STAR WARS

Edited by dmonti79

8 minutes ago, dmonti79 said:

I thought the same thing!

and this MOC deserve our thoughts: is very tiny but respect perfectly the ILM spirit at its beginning when Star Wars wasn't yet STAR WARS

just call me the modern nostradamus, we never stood a chance.....