Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Boy4

[M4-23 - Imperial Ship] – Darth Vader's Black Angel

This is my entry for the imperial ship category, Darth Vader's Black Angel. Shortly after order 66, while leading a sqaud of demolition troopers to destroy the remaining ships in the Jedi temple, Vader spotted an familiar blue delta-7 starfighter. It was Anakin's custom starfighter the Azure Angel, Vader remembered how he had modified it himself and how he rebuilt it after Ventress destroyed it. He just couldn't leave it there to be destroyed by his own troopers, so he ordered to troopers to take it aboard his ship to be repaird and repainted. He had it painted black with red and grey markings, replaced the droid socket with an additional engine and renamed it the Black Angel.

I originally wanted to make Vader's eta-2 interceptor but couldn't get the cockpit. I thought this will be a more interesting model. I can't imagine Vader with an astromech droid so I removed it. The red is there because I found the Lego Dimensions A-Team van and thought the walls would be good marking for a ship.

Black-Angel-thumnail.jpgBlack-Angel-Main.jpgBlack-Angel-claw.jpgBlack-Angel-Paint.jpgBlack-Angel-PLNK-Droid.jpgBlack-Angel-Platform.jpgBlack-Angel-Land.jpgBlack-Angel-flight.jpgBlack-Angel-flight2.jpgBlack-Angel-front.jpgBlack-Angel-back.jpg

Bonus render of the ship in anakin's colors

azure-angel.jpg

Edited by Danny_Boy4

Great concept. And I think you've managed to capture the scale really well. Not as oversized as the Lego set version of the Azure Angel.

15 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Great concept. And I think you've managed to capture the scale really well. Not as oversized as the Lego set version of the Azure Angel.

Thanks. I never really liked how all of the lego sets of the jedi starfighters are oversized.

Very cool main image! I admire your photoshopping abilities which put your build into the Imperial hangar. The Eta-2 lives on and in a more nimble scale, like pointed out. The imperial techs helping out are a nice detail also.

1 hour ago, Brickshipyard said:

Very cool main image! I admire your photoshopping abilities which put your build into the Imperial hangar. The Eta-2 lives on and in a more nimble scale, like pointed out. The imperial techs helping out are a nice detail also.

Thanks, the imperial hangar is a screenshot from lego star wars the skywalker saga video game. Also this is a Delta-7, Eta-2 are the episode 3 ones

As a huge 2k3 CW fan - just look at my latest MOC here on EB, this tugs on the heart strings! 
A faithful recreation (or re-recreation?) of the design