Sign in to follow this  
Phil_DeLaGhetto

[M4-23 - Rogue Clone] Duel on Maryx Minor

hello there,

I haven't posted anything here in a while but given the fact that I wanted to build some more Star Wars-stuff anyway, this seems like a good motivation to get back in the Star Wars-game ;)

For the Rogue Clone category I recreated a scene from the fourth book of the "Boba Fett - Enemy of the Empire" comic series, released in 1999. As Boba Fett is a clone aswell, and one that went against the norm on more than one occasion, i tought it would be a fitting story for that category. But please let me know if it doesn't qualify.

The story is set in the year 3 BBY. Boba Fett is tasked by Darth Vader to retrieve a mysterious box from a former imperial colonel. Not knowing that Vader is planning to have him killed after that mission, Boba Fett tracks down the colonel on the planet Maryx Minor and gets ahold of the box before killing the hit squad sent after him. Following that failure, Vader himself travels to Maryx Minor to confront Boba Fett and get the box, which seems to have a greater value for him than Fett expected initially. A fight between the two ensues with no one beeing able to get the upper hand. At one point, Boba Fett - realizing the value of the object he just retrieved - jumps of a cliff with the box in hand only to emerge with his jetpack blasting and knocking a surprised Vader off his feet. Boba Fett would later take advantage of Vaders desire to obtain the box by throwing it of the cliff and escaping the fight while Darth Vader desperately tried to save it.

The build itself is a pretty simple one. As it is an older story, I choose a relatively old-school style for the rocks with many slopes, wedge plates and some curved parts. I also wanted to try a new style for Boba Fetts EE-3 blaster rifle.

DFPjeRp.jpg

6whIvgA.jpg

kFXFv9H.jpg

oaQx7wJ.jpg

cheers

Phil

Lovely smoke effect and that's a great blaster build for Boba!

Great smoke and fire effects and great articulation of the minifigures! I can really see Boba flying off with the box.

I’ve seen similar techniques for lava used before, but this one stands out to me more than the rest for some reason. Well done!

I remember this comic issue!  I kept thinking why is Darth Vader trying to kill Boba? Nonetheless, the plot was a welcome twist for guys you normally think of as allies. Anyways, the build achieves many great things from  the rock formation, to the lava, to the dynamic Boba blasting back to Vader's  displeasure :). I also note  the brown  hand under Fett's  gun to represent the handle. Nice detail!

Edited by Brickshipyard