Murdoch17

modular pizzeria restaurant and gangster hideout MOC - with pizza planet delivery truck

Here is the NYC-style modular building I designed for my dad's modular building collection, but I might end of building it myself if he doesn't want it.

52836818477_e18323f837_z.jpg

For the building I was partially inspired by half of set 76108, Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown. The delivery truck was heavily inspired by this build by @hachiroku of the classic Pixar vehicle Easter Egg.

ixs002.original.png

The pizza parlor is a front for a gang of nogoodniks who are led by the Brickster (who else?) from the LEGO Island theme.

hs027.png

Chef Enzo (from the Hidden Side theme) runs the pizzeria as part of the front, although he secretly has been sending the police info on the Brickster's operations as undercover operative "Deep Dish".

ixs003.png

Pepper Roni (from the 2002 LEGO Island sets) is going to be the pizza delivery dude who eventually foils the Brickster's plot, as usual.

52837791485_9e789bcba0_z.jpg

The chimney on the rear of the building *looks* like it goes up in one piece, but it separates at the floors and actually isn't connected at all to the other levels. On the roof is a water tank, while on the ground floor is a window AC unit and back door.

52836818467_2bde7a4c7d_z.jpg

First floor: standard pizza restaurant fare, with menu piece on the wall, wood fired oven and cash register, plus four tables with at least two chairs each. The sign out front would have two pizza-box tiles for use as a "neon" sign. I also used a ramp to the front door because of ingredient deliveries and for wheelchair bound customers.

52837836308_fe4516a14a_z.jpg

Second floor gets a lot more... interesting, shall we say? Filing cabinets for records of "enterprises" of all kinds, a big ol' desk with a reclining chair and two smaller chairs for potential "clients". The gas heater / stove is for if the police raid the place... you get the idea on why!

52837574264_12c3a2e598_z.jpg

Third floor with the Brickster's home. A rabbit-eared television, a money-counting desk, bed, and safe for holding said dough are all up here.

52830338184_5e30ac4604_z.jpg

This model of the iconic Pixar Easter egg, better known as the Pizza Planet delivery truck. I changed around the rear camper section to be more stable, added a different 'rocket pod' to the roof, and placed printed placards on the side of the doors. Also, LEGO Island's famous delivery dude will be driving this vehicle when it's built in real life. Yep, you read that right: Pepper Roni has got his drivers license!

52830338194_e130e52524_z.jpg

The model seats one figure and the center section of the roof comes off to place a fig at the wheel.

NOTES:

I plan on building at least the truck with Pepper Roni. (Already found a bunch of parts for it from my collection) If the building gets built or not in real bricks remains to be seen.

...Thoughts?

Nice build, I don't have the original LEGO island minifigs but at least there was Ronny, from the same set of Chef Enzo that I do have with a modern variant of that pizza torso.

I still plan to "recycle" the parts from City pizza Van and other things into a pizza building at some point as well.

17 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Oooooh yes! I love Lego Island. Good job with the Pixza Planet truck in there 

Thanks @The Brick Boss! Lego Island FTW!

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Nice build, I don't have the original LEGO island minifigs but at least there was Ronny, from the same set of Chef Enzo that I do have with a modern variant of that pizza torso.

I still plan to "recycle" the parts from City pizza Van and other things into a pizza building at some point as well.

Thank you! I plan on actually using Ronny with Pepper's head and a white hat, as I already have the Ronny but I still need a proper Pepper head for him. The Brickster will also be updated like that, but torso and pants are undecided at this point.

I can't wait to see what you do with the pizza truck @TeriXeri!