Aurore

[Minifigs] Embervale Main Characters v2.0 and an Important Announcement

After a few years of making custom minifigs, I have come to realise that minidolls are by far superior. The are way more realistic and expressive, and on top of that their elegant figures are a perfect match for the setting of my storyline.

So here is an improved version of my main characters, from left to right:
- Grog, Goblin Guard of Embervale
- Evrart, Captain of the Guards of Embervale,
- Alrune, Necromancer and Governor of Embervale,
- Dresghar, Cultural Attaché of Embervale, with Rex the Tarasque Cub.

52785429810_b4dfeae30a_b.jpg

Much better, right?

Spoiler

You know what? I actually like those minidolls. 
And I had a lot of fun making them.
Not a lot of choice for heads and outfits (and that's an understatement), but in the end I've found parts that capture the likeness of the characters rather well. With a way more juvenile look, granted, but they even feature the actual eye colors I had in mind for them!

Edited by Aurore

Didn't know that detailed Lute came in the Lunar New Year set, really cool!  Love the designs. Obviously, we should all strive to use minidolls now, and, as this is a fantastic April 1 build and you no longer need your minifigure parts since you will be working exclusively in minidolls, I really appreciate you agreeing to donate all your minifigure parts to me! :wink:

For a brief moment I was horrified and then I realized I was three days late :laugh_hard:  Good one!

They're impressively recognizable as your characters and certainly some of the best minidoll characters I've seen!  And I must admit that minidoll skirts/dresses are considerably more graceful than minifigure dresses (especially the rounded ones that are completely flat in front! so absurd! okay, rant over).