Sign in to follow this  
DeathCap

The Adventures of Thomas Palmer, Chapter 4: Commission Confirmed

Chapter 4: Commission Confirmed

Previous Chapters

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

A familiar ship, HMS Piper sights HMS Carolina off the coast of Quinsville.

52771678574_db6ef9f3d6_b.jpg

The officer in charge of dispatches orders the jollyboat to ferry him to HMS Carolina.

52771836260_d98f7c4be4_b.jpg

52770889532_df5a323360_b.jpg

He quickly approaches the quarterdeck and delivers Admiralty orders to Commander Julius Palmer.

52771421701_ecef469532_b.jpg

52770889587_2dd680a2d0_b.jpg

After sitting on the sidelines for so long, Commander Palmer and his senior officers anxiously read Admiral Fletcher's orders.

Dear sir,

Excellent addition to the fleet. We will make sure the proper transfers are done, and hereby confirm young Mr. Palmer's lieutenant's commission and posting on the HMS Carolina.

Rear-admiral Fletcher, Seawatch

1st Lieutenant Eccleston: Congratulations Thomas, might I be the first to shake your hand as a commissioned lieutenant in Her Majesty's Navy!

52770889502_da5a9abc61_b.jpg

Commander Palmer: INFERNAL LUCK! Months at sea and we are not ordered into action with the Lotii. Lieutenant Palmer, pass the word for Mr. Bowles. I want a meeting with my senior officers in 10 minutes on the quarterdeck.

52771910518_73253dd4c2_b.jpg

Commander Palmer: Gentlemen, These orders do not contain any mention of action with the savage Lotii. Therefore, we shall sail for Port Raleigh before the war ends. Sailing Master, set a course for Port Raleigh.

Sailing Master Bowles: Aye aye, sir.

HMS Carolina sets sail for Port Raleigh...

Spoiler

@Bregir Now that HMS Carolina is officially in Her Majesty's Navy, is there anything I should MOC to contribute to the war? I could possibly do a shore bombardment or capture hostile fishing boats.

Edited by DeathCap

Good photo story! Congratulations to Thomas Palmer as commissioned lieutenant and posting on the HMS Carolina.

It reminds me a bit of the Hornblower series. It's interesting to see a similar story with Lego.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:53 AM, NOD said:

It reminds me a bit of the Hornblower series. It's interesting to see a similar story with Lego.

Haha yes, I use a lot of the secondary characters' names for my own secondary characters. The plot and actions of the characters are an amalgamation of various media but primarily feature details from the Hornblower and Aubrey-Maturin series.

Really nice to see you pick the com

On 3/26/2023 at 7:04 AM, DeathCap said:

@Bregir Now that HMS Carolina is officially in Her Majesty's Navy, is there anything I should MOC to contribute to the war? I could possibly do a shore bombardment or capture hostile fishing boats.

First of all, you are now by proxy in command of the HMS Carolina for the EGS. As the tMRCA deadline is approaching, you should give the ship the relevant orders.

See more here:

(It is ok if you are a few days late)

The ship does not need to start all the way West, so if you prefer to start your orders in Jameston or Spudkirk, that would make it possible for you to patrol the waters closer to El Oleonda where war is happening. If you have any questions to the orders, ask in the Corrington PM, and we will happily assist.