Hi all. I started this little project as soon as I saw pictures of the Dagobah Jedi Training set, already into the swing of sub 30cm builds I thought the little piece of wing protruding from the swamp would be an ideal starting point for an X-Wing. This modification is a combination of a small stand (in the boardered diorama style) with my Midi X-Wing, plus some swampy decoration. The swamp-stand can connect to the Dagobah set by removing one of the silver grill tiles and using the protruding studs for the connection, or the stand can also sit seperately. The Dagobah set's bit of wing can be hidden behind Yoda's hut and the hinge area conveniently disguised with a single piece of foliage. I've put together instructions and parts list for the mod and X-Wing (which can be built as a mod of 75301), they're all in a zip file here. Thanks for looking!

MOC%20Midi%20Rebel%20Starfighters%20Dago

Lovely X-wing at better scale than Lego's official models. I have made a midi scale version and much prefer it to anything official of the last 13+ years and you demonstrate why: it fits SW scenes like Dagobah perfectly. I like your approach to the wing mounted laser cannons also.

@Brickshipyard thanks very much! I can’t take any credit for the lasers, I copied the design from that small bit of wing sticking out of the swamp, Lego did a great job with that it’s a very sturdy design. It would be good to see more Lego ships this size, there’s a few sets from recent years like Slave 1, the Dark Knight’s Tumbler and the Lightyear XL15 that are beautifully shaped, compact and dense and I’d love to see more like them. The current X-Wing and TIE Fighter sets are alright but a little bit less sturdy and sleek than they could be. Having said that, the wing mechanism in the X-Wing is a work of pure genius, I imagine that’ll get used in Mocs and sets for decades to come!

Very nice! It’s fun making additions to these diorama sets. I thought of doing the swamp whale that spits R2-D2 out but haven’t got the imagination for it!