Sarophas

[MOC] The coach of damnation

My latest MOC, returning to the dark side of fantasy. Hope you like it 😃

“A rumor among the peasants claim that on silent autumn nights, a dark coach can be seen on the horizon, followed by a sickly green mist. The villagers hastily gather their children and lock their doors. For any child that is left outside after nightfall will never be seen again. Those unfortunate enough to witness this in person, turn pale and speak of a hideous coach, covered in spikes and strange symbols. A large cage-like contraption at the center, containing the crying children snatched along the road. The vehicle is supposedly pulled by two black horses with flaming red eyes. Witnesses claim that some sort of sorcerer or necromancer is behind this, which would explain why the coach is also said to be flying a few yards above ground - never leaving any wheel marks.”

The coach of damnationThe coach of damnation

Lovely design.  Nice use of the wrench pieces.  Do you have any Thestral's from HP that would make this even better instead of the regular black horses in my opinion.  

It has a distinct Trygalle trade guild vibe from the Malazan books of the fallen series to me as wellicht. Lovely bit of work this!

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Lovely design.  Nice use of the wrench pieces.  Do you have any Thestral's from HP that would make this even better instead of the regular black horses in my opinion.  

Thanks man! I do own a couple of them, but it just felt better using the nazgûl horses ;)

10 hours ago, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

I love how you managed to make it look like it's flying!

Thank you! It was a lot more complicated than I had anticipated, glad it worked!

6 hours ago, hoppa said:

It has a distinct Trygalle trade guild vibe from the Malazan books of the fallen series to me as wellicht. Lovely bit of work this!

Thank you! After a quick google search, I can see what you mean :D

Sweet coach. The feeling of fear and dread is palpable with this build. The mists forming from the wheels is a nice touch.

3 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Sweet coach. The feeling of fear and dread is palpable with this build. The mists forming from the wheels is a nice touch.

Thank you! :)

On 2/26/2023 at 7:18 AM, hoppa said:

That's what I was thinking. 

I love the way it looks like it's pelting along the road.

Also, great use of leg pieces for the bridge!

16 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

That's what I was thinking. 

I love the way it looks like it's pelting along the road.

Also, great use of leg pieces for the bridge!

Thank you! :D

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Fantastic coach and beautiful bridge too! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks a lot! :D