Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Brick

[MOC] Castle Lichtenstein

I've recently gotten into designing some castles, but so far, none of them have been in minifig scale. Still, they turned out quite big. So I wanted to do a minifig scale castle at a reasonable size. I guess I achieved the former goal. Anyway, I picked Castle Lichtenstein, a beautiful little castle in the south of Germany. And I scaled it down a little bit more to make it more feasible. Unfortunately, things escalated again and the result is again too big to build it at a reasonable price. I am happy with the result though. I'm thinking about entering into Lego Ideas, even though it's way too big to ever make it into a set. But one could drastically reduce the part count by removing large parts of the cliff, get rid of the plants and a lot of the tiles, don't have double walls, etc. Anyway, what do you guys think?

800x600.png 800x1067.png 800x600.png 800x1067.png 800x600.png 800x1067.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x1067.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 800x600.png 

And BTW, here's a picture of the real Castle Lichtenstein

800x500.jpeg

This is beautiful. I too have been working on a Lichtenstein moc for some time. The scale is my biggest challenge, you did well to capture the source material. Still way way to large to enter into ideas.

Spoiler

owbizofyc6ja1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpga1imgtlhe6ja1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpgq6xq9ivffm60.jpg

I am surprised that there are no rebrickable combinations of:

Spoiler

21335-1.jpg?202112030849 + 10305-1.jpg?202110181055

Edited by Follows Closely

Yeah, I might do a smaller version. That should be relatively straight forward. I think I could trim it down to 4000 pieces without it losing too much flavour. Taking away the cliff will already save 4000 pieces. It’s the height which is the problem. 

This is a beautiful and well-built castle! :pir-stareyes:  These are very nice photos from different angles. I also really like the interior design.

On 2/22/2023 at 9:36 AM, NOD said:

This is a beautiful and well-built castle! :pir-stareyes:  These are very nice photos from different angles. I also really like the interior design.

On 2/22/2023 at 12:40 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

That looks amazing!

Thank you guys.

On 2/22/2023 at 2:15 AM, Follows Closely said:

Making it open on one side is the only way to keep it under 4K methinks. But the problem is that this castle looks good from all angles.

Yeah, I've started working on reducing the part-count. 4000 pieces was maybe a bit optimistic. I think 6000 are possible. Beyond that, I'll need to start becoming very creative.

Excellent model of a really cool castle :sweet:

Out of curiousity, what's the ball shaped part in yellow/pearl gold used as a bowl in one of the interior rooms?

This is great!

I love the photos with the rock base/cliff - they have a serious 'wow' factor to them and drive home the scale.

If one were to build it the cliff would need to be included.

Sheps