Murdoch17

Adventure awaits! - 1920s Adventurers cars - real world MOCs - revised 4/24/24

Here are my two revamped Adventurers vehicles: the tan Scorpion Tracker owned by Johnny Thunder, and the red Island Racer purchased by Lord Sam Sinister.

SCORPION TRACKER

53676078329_5c2ca63225_z.jpg

This car was heavily modified from a model by BricksAA and these free MOC instructions over on Rebrickable. The car is named the Scorpion Tracker, named after set 5918 (Scorpion Tracker) but styled after set 2995. (Adventurers car and skeleton)

53676078324_f34f38cdab_z.jpg

The car also features a spare tire hanging at the back of the vehicle. This vehicle can seat three figures total, which usually means Johnny at the wheel, Dr. Kilroy riding shotgun beside him and Pippin Reed seated in the back.

ISLAND RACER

52724189851_75e7bf2af7_z.jpg

I took another look at 2020 set 40409 (Hot Rod) and, after tinkering with it a bit, was reminded of the 2000 set 5920 (Island Racer) from Adventurers. I thought about how the styles could merge into one car, and this is the result.

52724189856_a13d83fc92_z.jpg

The grille, headlights, and bonnet have all been changed, and the color swapped from blue to red. I also used the longer red wheel arches to go around the short red arches extreme scarcity. (I actually like this change better, honestly.)

Thoughts?

EDITED 4/24/24: I changed around the Scorpion Tracker to have it's top down. The newly revised Johnny Thunder, Pippin Reed and Dr. Kilroy are also shown.

Edited by Murdoch17

Wow these cars are awesome! Very fitting for the Adventurers theme. 

When I build Adventurers vehicles, I pretty much always use the famous moulded cockpit part (30149). But with your building techniques there's certainly a lot more flexibility. Great that it can seat three minifgures - can't think of an official Adventurers car that could do that.

Do you plan on creating instructions for these two? I'd love to build them too, especially the Scorpion Tracker.

Chris

7 hours ago, sinister5988 said:

Wow these cars are awesome! Very fitting for the Adventurers theme. 

When I build Adventurers vehicles, I pretty much always use the famous moulded cockpit part (30149). But with your building techniques there's certainly a lot more flexibility. Great that it can seat three minifgures - can't think of an official Adventurers car that could do that.

Do you plan on creating instructions for these two? I'd love to build them too, especially the Scorpion Tracker.

Chris

Thanks! I don't know about instructions (No idea how to do that), but I can give you a LDD file for the red car alone. As for the tan car, as it was inspired by somebody *else* and their instructions (as stated in the main post), so that's not going to happen, sorry.

The Adventure is postponed a little bit...

52711447384_4ae45e79b7_z.jpg

Don't you just love it when your-long awaited Bricklink order arrives, you build the models you ordered and find you're missing a few vital parts? To compound the problem, I apparently never ordered the handful of parts in question in the first place!

Anybody else done this?

Edited by Murdoch17

On 2/25/2023 at 7:32 PM, Volt01 said:

i used to buy from bricklink until i found a local stor and now i just use that instead

Local resale stores are nice fro some things, but I can't find everything locally. That's where Bricklink comes in, filling in the gaps I couldn't fill otherwise.

Adventure awaits!

53675727596_a11e8452a8_z.jpg

Johnny Thunder, Dr. Kilroy, and Pippin Reed are off on another expedition into the unknown!

(Main post edited 4/24/24: I changed around the Scorpion Tracker to have it's top down. The car and the newly revised Johnny Thunder, Pippin Reed and Dr. Kilroy are also shown in more pictures in the first post.)

Great modification. The top down look is perfect for the theme. Much more playable too.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great modification. The top down look is perfect for the theme. Much more playable too.

Thanks @Feuer Zug, and I agree about having the top down being more playable!

Edited by Murdoch17