Sign in to follow this  
grohl

Grohl's Space Alternate Builds

Good alt-build. I like this better than the set it came from, but that's mainly just because I'm not much into big robots and mechs.

2 hours ago, icm said:

Good alt-build. I like this better than the set it came from, but that's mainly just because I'm not much into big robots and mechs.

As someone who likes big robots...it's way better than the actual set!

Posted (edited)

Really nice Alternate build !

Looks like some truck straight out of Xcom 2 universe, really reminds of that from a recent playthrough, as the enemy faction uses black trucks with red logos, some with red glass or red interior lights, and some big cargo in some mission is still delivered by land trucks.

Game also has humanoid sized mechs or missions that involve picking up cargo crates.

And this even comes from a big robot, when one of the largest enemies in the game is a Black/Red robot too with big red lasers when it charges it's area cannon.

Edited by TeriXeri

This whole thread is a delight! Reminds me of how I spent hours rebuilding these sets when I was a kid. Mine weren't as cool-looking, of course. The most recent one is great, I also love mechs and robots but didn't like that particular set because the robot had wheels instead of legs, and even back then I thought it was cheating.

Wow, thank you for such amazing response. I had fun designing this one and hoped people will appreciate the amount of things that can be played with. I had no attachment to the whole Spyrius theme since it came out when I was approaching my dark ages, but I have to say the Robo Guardian is a great toy, regardless of the missing legs.