VaneStream

I fed an AI image generator with Lego pirate prompts and this is what happened... (lots of images)

7 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Amazing work, AI really does know how to catch the Carribean spirit... Wonderful inspiration.

Oh blimey, yes!

_265679bd-02e6-43eb-ad0f-08b4123be0f8.jpg

Wow, that looks very atmospheric! The minifigs look great and i love the hat and hair piece. Funny though, how the AI never understands how a sailing ship is build.

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Funny though, how the AI never understands how a sailing ship is build. 

It's frustrating!

_ed0fb325-058c-48dc-bffa-9bb0ce0186c2.jpg

11 hours ago, El Garfio said:

You can have good results with bing image creator 

By all means show us these results...

The last two images I posted were created with the Bing Image Creator.

On 11/24/2023 at 4:15 PM, Mister Phes said:

It's frustrating!

_ed0fb325-058c-48dc-bffa-9bb0ce0186c2.jpg

On 11/24/2023 at 5:57 AM, Mister Phes said:

Oh blimey, yes!

_265679bd-02e6-43eb-ad0f-08b4123be0f8.jpg

Woa! These two are great! i didn't even notice they were AI generated at first 

Edited by Mazin

3 minutes ago, Mazin said:

Woa! These two are great! i didn't even notice they were AI generated at first 

The Bing AI image generator has a nasty habit of placing the sails in the wrong direction.

Like in the below image

image.png

16 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank ye - it looks decent but it's:

• Not a ship
  • Not remotely relevant to pirates

Now show me an AI generator which can generate pirate ships properly! :pir-classic:

OIG.LFH26cV5ygLpzOQCExKC?pid=ImgGn

OIG.NXL2jRTumArZ6xiw9sm4?pid=ImgGn

OIG.S7E63ypaStkLCUZ4HrcX?pid=ImgGn

4 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

OIG.LFH26cV5ygLpzOQCExKC?pid=ImgGn

That's more like it!  :pir-thumb:

The minifigure faces and hats are a bit distorted but the ships are decent.

Precisely which prompt(s) did you use to generate the ships?

OIG.OtcJQh5lg_A9OwpXyaj3?pid=ImgGn

OIG.BPuST9ChCqMKwG1dRHPb?pid=ImgGn

OIG.zm1.2oX2oqZqSPuWsKaQ?pid=ImgGn

A lego set that includes a pirate fighting with a british soldier, in a ship

Some lego pirates in a ship

A lego pirates ship set

-----------------------------

Simply prompt: Lego pirates

OIG.QNMNI9qoEpeIq7VA40e2?w=1024&h=1024&r

OIG.YV1WZ28bMpt5ChOeKexE?pid=ImgGn

OIG.MKXqSytxaZ_t7T0gUOrN?pid=ImgGn

OIG.muefH6x1oXQJ1EyAYEvp?pid=ImgGn

OIG.b.Yc1RUjA0cCerx1FwXS?pid=ImgGn

Edited by El Garfio

39 minutes ago, SpacePolice89 said:

I wish this picture would be a preview of a new wave of Lego Pirates

That would be fantastic!

I have upscale it for 1920x1080 wallpaper use:

duel-on- the-beach.jpg

On 11/28/2023 at 3:05 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

And my new wallpaper it is! :pir-triumph:

I'm totally comandeering this idea! ;)

1 hour ago, Mazin said:

I'm totally comandeering this idea! ;)

Yer know... I didn't actually think people would use the image as a wallpaper :pir-grin:

27 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Updated version without funny flying things in the sky...

Looks great :thumbup: How did you update the picture? Did you remove the birds/spaceship :pir-grin: by hand or did you fed the AI with the picture and told it to remove the flying things?

Generally i must say, also taking the AI generated pictures into consideration that were posted before by @El Garfio and others, that AI often created very atmospheric scenes. And while it will take some years for the AI to design an actual Lego set, a lot of the artwork could be used as inspiration for mocs and i am looking forward to see some AI scenes turned into mocs.

3 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Looks great :thumbup: How did you update the picture? Did you remove the birds/spaceship :pir-grin: by hand or did you fed the AI with the picture and told it to remove the flying things?

I used Photoshop's Generative Fill feature to expand the image and remove the flying objects.

4 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

And while it will take some years for the AI to design an actual Lego set, a lot of the artwork could be used as inspiration for mocs and i am looking forward to see some AI scenes turned into mocs.

Yeah, we're not in any danger of AI building LEGO sets for us... it's pretty hit and miss when it comes to generating a decent image.  Sometimes you've got to generate a dozen images to get one that doesn't abstract or distorted in some way.

But you're right, it could be useful for creating concept art for MOCs to visually communicate ideas and then further evolved by talented builders with real bricks.

Here's another image I'm experimenting with:

aztec-template+voodoo-shaman.jpg

8 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Generally i must say, also taking the AI generated pictures into consideration that were posted before by @El Garfio and others, that AI often created very atmospheric scenes. And while it will take some years for the AI to design an actual Lego set, a lot of the artwork could be used as inspiration for mocs and i am looking forward to see some AI scenes turned into mocs.

He's a Governor! That's how. He just made a proper good use of his powers and AI had nothing to say, but obey ;)

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I used Photoshop's Generative Fill feature to expand the image and remove the flying objects.

Yeah, we're not in any danger of AI building LEGO sets for us... it's pretty hit and miss when it comes to generating a decent image.  Sometimes you've got to generate a dozen images to get one that doesn't abstract or distorted in some way.

But you're right, it could be useful for creating concept art for MOCs to visually communicate ideas and then further evolved by talented builders with real bricks.

Here's another image I'm experimenting with:

aztec-template+voodoo-shaman.jpg

Woah! Dear AI, I totally want this for a Lego Pirate Haloween movie!! Preferably even this year since it's halloween tim... oh wait... oh no... this window had closed already. Christmas forces came to town. Guess we will have to wait till the next year :( 

And speaking of AI inspiring custom made sets... this native guy needs a custom figure now! 

On 11/30/2023 at 3:35 AM, Mister Phes said:

Yer know... I didn't actually think people would use the image as a wallpaper :pir-grin:

And it's only the first in the whole wave of wallpapers. We're excpecting delivery every new week... Oh wait, it's christmas season, advent calendars are obligatory! So better make it one per day. Two are already done. 22 to go ;)  

Edited by Mazin

3 hours ago, Mazin said:

And it's only the first in the whole wave of wallpapers. We're excpecting delivery every new week... Oh wait, it's christmas season, advent calendars are obligatory! So better make it one per day. Two are already done. 22 to go ;)  

Admittedly I've generated enough content to make that feasible - too bad I don't have time to edit it into a suitable format. :pir-grin:

And that's thing with AI generation...  I can do it in the background while I get my work done, then cherry pick the best generated images at the end of the day.

So stayed tuned, I'm working on a new feature for Classic-Pirates.com which makes use of some of those images.