technicboi

Lego banning me from missing bricks and pieces

Definitely weird alright, I have exactly the opposite experience. I have been noticing that many parts have been retooled to make the injection points less noticeable, something I am very glad to see.

More importantly though, I am interested in hearing more about how @technicboi is dealing with this ban situation. As someone that has only contacted TLG two times about missing parts, out of many hundreds of set purchases. Even though I have never had any issues with replacement parts, I do worry that TLG may decide to ban me as well, so much so that if a set is missing a common, inexpensive part, I don't bother to contact them. However if a sticker sheet is somehow damaged or I am missing an important semi-rare part I will not hesitate to request a replacement. Never have had even the slightest problem getting a replacement.

I've been "banned" from B&P before, after insisting for about a month with emails, they reviewed my account and fixed the issue. Banned in quotes because they claimed it was an order / system issue, not a full fledged ban.

If you'd like to avoid issues, i was told to use the contact form before or instead of making a missing bricks order with more detail about the order.

Most of my orders were either for sticker issues or glaring scratches and color differences, although my advice here is if a set has over 50% of parts affected (like the Vespa), don't bother, the replacements will also have color problems.

I think I am going to save my usage of this service for something really major such as a missing bag or a very noticeable misprint on a printed piece.  I wonder if they simply measure the number of times someone uses this and cuts them off after a certain number?  Problem is if you buy a lot of sets, you will have a much greater chance of running into a problem, especially with today's quality control.  

On 4/6/2023 at 12:31 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

I think I am going to save my usage of this service for something really major such as a missing bag or a very noticeable misprint on a printed piece.  I wonder if they simply measure the number of times someone uses this and cuts them off after a certain number?  Problem is if you buy a lot of sets, you will have a much greater chance of running into a problem, especially with today's quality control.  

Presumably they know how many sets you purchase through them, so if you buy a lot I imagine they are more tolerant if you have multiple requests.  Doesn't help if you always purchase elsewhere though.