Sign in to follow this  
M_longer

42151 F1 R.S. Concept alt model

An alternate model for Bugatti Bolide.

33.jpg

My second alternate model in 2023! :D

01.jpg

Featuring front wheel steering and fake V6 engine.

13.jpg

11.jpg

Video:

Image gallery

Instructions available at Rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-134650/M_longer/42151-f1-rs-concept/#details

Interchangeable steering knobs for your convienience :)

18.jpg

Oh, one more thing: except rear "diff" and engine openings, chassis' underside is completely flat.

16.jpg

This is an amazing B-model, well done! Great proportions, details, bodywork, and good amount of function for this size model with limited parts.

Edited by adunitbx

Very nice B model!

I have to admit I don't like the halo. It looks off.

The engine cover has a vertical fin with horizontal line to the rear wing. Looks like a 2010 F1, they did'n't have halo at the time, I would just remove it.

Sauber_Bahrain_2010_02.jpg

I've said in other spaces that I think this may be your best Alt build. You use the parts very well, and the functions that are expected are all there and work well. I particularly like how you used all the panels well, and fixed them rotationally so they don't move. Very well done.

Also, this looks perfect in yellow and black. 

Excellent B Model. It would be nice if the front of the HALO had a bit more slope to it, but the overall shaping looks great (and better than last year's bigger McLaren F1). I also like the remote steering through the T-Bar. Will definitely try building this when the set eventually gets released in NZ.

This is a magnificant B-Model!

I am just baffled, how fast you come up with something so refined... Greatest respect, :thumbup:

I really like how the yellow is much more promiennt on this model compared to the original set, and, similarly, none of the stickers or prints feel out of place on this build. This makes me want to buy the set to then build your alternate model.

I liked the Bolide too much to take it apart, so I ended up ordering a second copy of the set. Definitely worth the extra purchase, as this is one of the best B-models I've built. Solid techniques all the way through, and only a couple of points of asymmetry during the build to remind you that this is a B-model. There's a bit of loose play in the steering, though the mechanism itself is clever and satisfying to build. The V6 engine is great and nicely avoids the brown axles of the Bolide pistons. I did give mine a different Halo design (using rigid hose and with the front connection moved forward a stud in front of the steering wheel mount), but I couldn't have done better than the base design using only the parts in the set.

The shaping and colour scheme come together really well for a sleek and realistic look. The Renault RS17 had a shark fin but no Halo, while the RS18 had the Halo but no shark fin, so I guess this model would represent the 2017 Renault car testing the new Halo for the following season? Though due to the printed parts, my copy still wants to be a Bugatti with printed logos on the steering wheel and rear wing :)  Anyway, thank you M_longer for a very enjoyable build.

renault-rs18_4236033.jpg

Here's how it looks with custom Halo and without the shark fin:

hf6PpUD.jpeg

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs