Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, Surge said:

very interesting that the peter pan set has pin holes on the left side, perhaps there will be multiple sets like this in the future?

I could totally see more “moments”, a beauty and the beast ballroom scene would make sense if we’re supposedly getting a belle minifigure this year. Would love a set with human Ariel too.

11 minutes ago, stroud1492 said:

I could totally see more “moments”, a beauty and the beast ballroom scene would make sense if we’re supposedly getting a belle minifigure this year. Would love a set with human Ariel too.

Agreed. I’d be very surprised if this were the only set of this style for Disney. Ballroom scene makes sense since it’s an extremely iconic scene. 

The boat scene for “kiss the girl” would be great, or the final wedding scene (would allow for potentially getting king Triton as well)

if Pixar gets a set like this, it’d be perfect for Monsters Inc. but would be cool to get a Merida scene too

The castle exterior looks insaane in that lifestyle image, plus I pretty much like all the minifigures (such a pity for Tiana obviously) Eugene and Rapunzel are incredible, if only Rapunzel had new long hair she would be the best disney princess fig. I better start learning about 3d modelling.

Interesting they already revealed a September set, but the castle is yet to be officially revealed.

Three more sets to go…

one is labeled Disney Princess. I would bet this would be a mini doll set containing the remainder of the princesses not in the battlepack.

One is a small set, and the last one is $100. Perhaps this might be the Beauty and the Beast set???

Just now, hikouki said:

one is labeled Disney Princess. I would bet this would be a mini doll set containing the remainder of the princesses not in the battlepack.

One is a small set, and the last one is $100. Perhaps this might be the Beauty and the Beast set???

I think its pretty likely that princess set will be wish based

I could see the 100$ one being similar to the return of the jedi throne room but beauty and the beast

then the smaller set could be anything

Just saw the lifestyle photos.

That castle wall is a huge improvement from the previous. Looks amazing!

If this were a Sleeping Beauty set, I bet people would be flocking to buy it and probably sold out on day 1. It would be interesting how the sales of this set will be in comparison to the previous castle version.

When is the Agrabah microscale set supposed to be released?

26 minutes ago, DisneyLego said:

The boat scene for “kiss the girl” would be great, or the final wedding scene (would allow for potentially getting king Triton as well)

I think the boat scene is most likely because it's depicted in the VHS tape in the villains set. It would give us human Ariel and an Eric minifigure. The VHS also had Ariel in her pink dress so it would be nice if we got that one day as well. I just hope they fix Ariel's torso so that it isn't black like in the VHS but navy blue like it is in the movie.

1 minute ago, Brickity said:

I think Wendy and Cinderella are reusing the same face.

I wish they would share the same hair color instead. The light nougat is a lot more accurate for Cinderella's golden brown/dark blonde hair.

36 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Loving that Peter Pan set!!!

Is that price right? £67.99 - have they gone completely insane!

29 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wish they would share the same hair color instead. The light nougat is a lot more accurate for Cinderella's golden brown/dark blonde hair.

True. Also, Cinderella’s hair although a very good mold, looks a bit odd due to leaving too much of her forehead and temples visible.

I think the remaining $100 set can include Belle and Beast but a few other remaining figures as well, and the set could be a mash of iconic scenes from 3 movies maybe. 

Or.. something completely unexpected such as the set being iconic moments indeed, but focusing on the hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin and maybe Hercules or Atlantis? 

Then the small one could be Beauty and the Beast themed. Granted we’re still missing classic Little Mermaid figures for this year (HER year) just as they will release the classic peter pan set this year along the live action. 

Something tells me the $100 set can have prince Phillip and a small dragon Maleficent too, and Pocahontas still needs some friends. Mmhm..

In conclusion, besides Belle and Beast I’m sure we will be getting Ariel and Eric somewhere, period. I’m clueless about the rest, except a potential prince Ali or the Sultan in the Agrabah set. Though if the Agrabah set comes with the Sultan, prince Ali should be included in a set 😂

Edited by Brickity

22 minutes ago, Brickity said:

True. Also, Cinderella’s hair although a very good mold, looks a bit odd due to leaving too much of her forehead and temples visible.

I think the remaining $100 set can include Belle and Beast but a few other remaining figures as well, and the set could be a mash of iconic scenes from 3 movies maybe. 

Or.. something completely unexpected such as the set being iconic moments indeed, but focusing on the hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin and maybe Hercules or Atlantis? 

Then the small one could be Beauty and the Beast themed. Granted we’re still missing classic Little Mermaid figures for this year (HER year) just as they will release the classic peter pan set this year along the live action. 

Something tells me the $100 set can have prince Phillip and a small dragon Maleficent too, and Pocahontas still needs some friends. Mmhm..

In conclusion, besides Belle and Beast I’m sure we will be getting Ariel and Eric somewhere, period. I’m clueless about the rest, except a potential prince Ali or the Sultan in the Agrabah set. Though if the Agrabah set comes with the Sultan, prince Ali should be included in a set 😂

In the interview with the Clamshell designer, he said that the new version of the little mermaid is Disney’ re-telling of the story for generations to come. They are attempting to over-write the original story. I feel like we won’t get any more sets from that tale. Hope I’m wrong.

Belle and Beast are the biggest characters we are still missing.

After Wendy, and hopefully Belle, we’re only still missing Raya and Mirabel (counting from the roster on the mini dolls princess battlepack).

made a list and unless im missing anyone the only minidolls that have yet to be translated to minifigures are- 

- Triton

- Arista

- Alana

- Prince Eric

- Prince Phillip

- Fairy Godmother

- Mother Tremaine

- Mirabel

- Alma

- Raya

- other 3 raya character (do not know their names)

- Belle

- Beast

- Kristoff 

then if you want to count the micro-minidolls-

- Li Shang

-  Isabela

- Luisa

- Antonio 

I believe thats all of them

Edited by Surge

45 minutes ago, Brickity said:

Given how a less than 500 piece set can cost $60, I wouldn't hold my breath on the $100 set having many figures with multiple builds. More likely, it would be a larger Ballroom diorama with Belle, Beast, and some enchanted objects. 

The smaller set is odd. I'm hoping a small playset for Merida or Encanto to finally add them to the roster.

Bricktastic.net has high res images of the castle and a sneak peak behind the GWP with nr. 40600.

10 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Bricktastic.net has high res images of the castle and a sneak peak behind the GWP with nr. 40600.

they claim it will be with purchases of €100, so should we assume in the us it will be from 100-150?

Looking at the high-res images, I take back what I said about Rapunzel's dress being more movie accurate. The gold accents and sparkles are all over her and look incongruous with her overall design. Along with the long skirt and short braid, she barely resembles Disney's Rapunzel.

Henry's look is a little too serious for me especially with those super prominent cheekbones. The Cedric Diggory face for Florian doesn't work for me either and makes him look way too old ironically enough.

I'm very curious if they kept the archery range from the old castle and if so, if it's still modeled after Brave or perhaps fitted to Robin Hood now.

The Mulan or Raya section in the castle still perplexes me. The sword seems to be Mulan's because Raya has a curvy sword. However, the map of the dragon comes straight from Raya except in the movie, the dragon is blue-green. The map here has a red dragon which makes me wonder if it's supposed to be Mulan-themed to reflect Mushu or if they just colored the Raya dragon incorrectly.

Overall the castle seems to be themed after:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
The Sword in the Stone
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Pocahontas
Tangled
Moana
and either Mulan or Raya and the Last Dragon

The chamber on the bottom floor's right with the mop also seems like a waste if space if the only thing they could think to put in is a mop. Is it meant to be Fantasia themed or is it as simple as a mop for Cinderella to use? They created The Sword in the Stone on the other end so it seems like they could have come up with something more exciting here.

So did anyone else see ashnflash’s video hunting and kinda showing images of a diorama for beauty and the beast, little mermaid, Alice in wonderland and tangled?

12 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

So did anyone else see ashnflash’s video hunting and kinda showing images of a diorama for beauty and the beast, little mermaid, Alice in wonderland and tangled?

Those were all his submissions to the Lego Ideas Disney challenge.

7 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

No, the contest just ended last week. We won't know who won until September 1st.

I can’t believe I haven’t heard about. Ashnflash said something about knowing in the coming weeks so I think one of his entries got chosen and it’s the beauty and the beast one

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

In the interview with the Clamshell designer, he said that the new version of the little mermaid is Disney’ re-telling of the story for generations to come. They are attempting to over-write the original story. I feel like we won’t get any more sets from that tale. Hope I’m wrong.

I fully expect they'll do sets for the original again at some point. For most of these remakes the merchandising usually died off after about a year (even for the movies that made a billion dollars). As much as I enjoyed the remake of the Little Mermaid, I just don't see it having the same hold over consumers as the original (at least not until todays kids are old enough to be nostalgic). I could see Lego doing some tie in sets for the Disney Junior series that just got announced, but otherwise I don't expect to see the remake get anymore sets (especially with the lukewarm box office numbers).

3 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

A ballroom set would be awesome! I feel like the minidoll sets did a poor job representing that sequence from the film, so a set dedicated to it would be great.