Holodoc

Billund 2023 accomodation topic

Dear eventees, please share in this topic where you want to stay.
Like the years before 2020 we have group accomodations in Legoland village or Lalandia (next to the village).

Of course you can also stay on your own and many opportunities are open for that (hotels, camping site, etc.), but then you have to see yourself.

Information in short:

Legoland village - Wild West cabin for 5 persons including breakfast (for unknown reason no booking possible right now via the official website *huh*)

EDIT: Found information via hotels.com: 1196€ for 4 days -> 240€ p.p.€

Lalandia - Classic plus house for 8 persons NOT including breakfast, so the people staying there will either have to take care of breakfast themselves or join the group in LLVillage. Included IS entry to Aquadome and the houses have a Jacuzzi and Sauna available. It will cost 1110€ for 5 nights from Tuesday on - which is cheaper than booking from Wednesday on (1524€), resulting in 140€ p.p.!

We have good memories in having a so called room representative who will take care of the booking for all members with him/her. Please leave a note if you would like to take over the job.

Important note: We have stayed in LLVillage for many times now, Lalandia will be a completely new experience. Let's see how it turns out... :grin:

UPDATE who wants to stay where (will be updated as sson as the eventees raised their voices:

Lalandia Classic
Skalldyr (RR) &Sophie, Holodoc, MstrOfPppts, Redhead, Lt. de Martinet, Ryushi, Aredhel

Building another Lalandia house group?
Peppy, snefroe

Staying on their own:
Jim&Kitty (Camper)
Cwetqo (+2)
Cecilie&Ace
elleana
LasseD (staying at home I guess?)

doesn't need accomodation (because of staying awake all night??? :tongue:)
soccerkid6

haven't said anything yet :look:
JopieK

definite maybe:
LegoFjotten

I love to share a cabin with people and I have no preferred location to stay. However I am not able to take on the booking responsibility. (Also, being in the UK and all this Brexit stuff, not sure it would work out great!).

Just like 2019 I'd love to stay at Lalandia. No problem in being a room representative. :sweet:

I'm fine with sharing, and Lalandia sounds good being cheaper and offering sauna and jacuzzi. I don't remember staying there. Can 8 adults really fit in?

1 hour ago, Redhead1982 said:

I'm fine with sharing, and Lalandia sounds good being cheaper and offering sauna and jacuzzi. I don't remember staying there. Can 8 adults really fit in?

The link above should lead to the house and its layout. It looks like there is plenty of room, but we actually never stayed there before.

I've stayed at LaLandia at a few different cabins (Classic 4 during the 2018 EB event, and Nordic Plus 8 for a LUG trip), and both were great! The ones at Holiday Village are awful in comparison (at least the 5 pax variant I stayed in back in 2016). Any bedroom at Lalandia which says it can hold 2 or 3 person will be larger than the tiny ones in the Holiday Village cabins. 

The classic 8 has 2 double beds and 4 single beds, while the Nordic Plus 8 has one double bed and 6 single beds.

Since the LaLandia area is a lot bigger than the Holiday Village there can be a bit of a walk to get from the LaLandia cabin to for example the Holiday Village common room / conference room if any of those will be used during the event.

@LegoFjotten and @Holodoc Thanks for the feedback. The Lalandia cabins look like a great choice. I don't mind the walking part to Holiday Village. Will we have a common room available there? It's great to have a place to hang out, but if we're not staying in the Holiday village this might not be possible. 

Our thoughts were to split up, to have some of the eventees stay in the LL Village and some @ Lalandia.

Me and Sophie (my +1) would love to be part of one of the Lalandia Cabins. We would be happy to take one of the double beds. Also, I am not keen on it but could be one of the room responsibles if we need one more. Does someone know how you can pay? Only credit card or also e.g. Paypal?

21 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

Does someone know how you can pay? Only credit card or also e.g. Paypal?

You might want to check the link above to see yourself? :wink:

I'd also like to join a cabin preferably in Lalandia. The village is a bit like sardine cans, so I doubt anyone would prefer that option? Does Lalandia have common or conference rooms we could use for evening activities?

On Lalandia page for the dates I get such options:

... attachment removed

Any ideas what happens if we book 5 nights from Tuesday, get 2 nights off and arrive on Wednesday? (:

43 minutes ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Any ideas what happens if we book 5 nights from Tuesday, get 2 nights off and arrive on Wednesday? (:

At least for me it would be fine to arrive on Tuseday (since flights are cheaper that day and my girlfriend has never been to Denmark so she would enjoy it :classic:) That would speak for me as one room responsible even more. I checked and finally found that I can pay by banktransfer. So that should work. So I can do that with one Lalandia Cabin for 8.

I'll join your cabin then, might even also arrive on Tuesday - as I remember flights are cheaper here too on that day ...

6 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

I'll join your cabin then, might even also arrive on Tuesday - as I remember flights are cheaper here too on that day ...

10 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

At least for me it would be fine to arrive on Tuseday (since flights are cheaper that day and my girlfriend has never been to Denmark so she would enjoy it :classic:) That would speak for me as one room responsible even more. I checked and finally found that I can pay by banktransfer. So that should work. So I can do that with one Lalandia Cabin for 8.

Ooooh! - This is actually great news as the cabin is cheaper by far (see above, you also found this offer) when booked from Tuesday on. :cry_happy:

I feared it wouldn't be possible to go with this solution, if actually nobody was there to take the key on Tuesday, but now... :wub:

If (one of) you can confirm your offer I would book the Classic House a.s.a.p. - or ask you, Skalldyr to do so -  I'm sure we will have enough eventees filling that house.

The problem with Lalandia indeed is, that they are NOT offering a conference room or something similar on their ground. We will have to go with the facility at the village... :look:

Hmm, I think many (all?) of the Lalandia cabins use code-locks, so they don't know or care if you check in on Tuesday or not. From the webpage:

When you arrive, you do not need to check in at the Service Centre but can drive directly to your holiday home. At the barrier, enter the 6-digit code you received 3 days before arrival by e-mail or letter. This code also provides access to your holiday home. Your holiday home is ready from 15.00.

https://www.lalandia.dk/en/billund/practical-information

To be 100% sure maybe some of the early arrivals could do a little Lalandia-tour and stop by the cabins for those arriving on Wednesday

Edit: My best guess is that it isn't necessary though, not that uncommon to arrive somewhere after midnight after all

Edited by LegoFjotten

I would easily book a flight on Tuesday and take a cabin! if anyone is planning on that. I have booked off the whole week and an extra day just gives me more time to chill out and enjoyy.

Maybe make a list in 1st post with people who want to share and a deadline when houses will be reserve. Maybe 8 + 4 ppl houses are enough. Out of 20 "signed up" only 9 of us replied here. And I know some like to take care of their own cabins ...

On 1/20/2023 at 11:45 AM, Skalldyr said:

I'd join your cabin then too. If you have me, that is. :blush:

On 1/20/2023 at 3:30 PM, MstrOfPppts said:

I guess we will plan flights together, so.... sharing it is, right. :grin:

On 1/20/2023 at 10:04 PM, Holodoc said:

Ooooh! - This is actually great news as the cabin is cheaper by far (see above, you also found this offer) when booked from Tuesday on. :cry_happy:

I feared it wouldn't be possible to go with this solution, if actually nobody was there to take the key on Tuesday, but now... :wub:

If (one of) you can confirm your offer I would book the Classic House a.s.a.p. - or ask you, Skalldyr to do so -  I'm sure we will have enough eventees filling that house.

The problem with Lalandia indeed is, that they are NOT offering a conference room or something similar on their ground. We will have to go with the facility at the village... :look:

Alright then, I can book 1 classic plus cabin. I would book the classic instead of the nordic because it has two showers and looks a little bit more spacious. In the end including sheats for all beds plus 2 towles p.P.  it will be ~173€ p.P. (instead of ~157€ for the nordic one). I hope that is fine for everyone. I either book it tonight or tomorrow evening.

6 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Maybe make a list in 1st post with people who want to share and a deadline when houses will be reserve. Maybe 8 + 4 ppl houses are enough. Out of 20 "signed up" only 9 of us replied here. And I know some like to take care of their own cabins ...

I think this is a great idea! Maybe @Holodoc you could include this in your first post? Then we can see how many people would like to join a cabin. I guess tho, as you also already said, that we can for sure fill one 8 person cabin already.

9 minutes ago, Skalldyr said:

Alright then, I can book 1 classic plus cabin. I would book the classic instead of the nordic because it has two showers and looks a little bit more spacious. In the end including sheats for all beds plus 2 towles p.P.  it will be ~173€ p.P. (instead of ~157€ for the nordic one). I hope that is fine for everyone. I either book it tonight or tomorrow evening.

All right with me (:

Ok, so I booked one classic plus cabin for 8. I actually found another voucher online that gave 130€ discount so we safe the money that we added for the towels and bed sheats :wub:

If anyone is also booking at Lalandia add: AKTION2023 while booking and you safe 130€ :wink: