Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, JVM said:

My big want now is a Stegosaurus. That and a hadrosaur mold would seal us pretty much every major herbivore group and most classic herbivorous dinosaurs. That'd give us room for more new dinos -- Triceratops with a new head for Sinoceratops and maybe for Nasutoceratops and Parasaurlophus with new head for Corythosaurus.

I couldn't agree more with all you've said here. I think that after we've gotten a Stegosaurus and possibly a Parasaurolophus in physical form, that it would make for the 'foundation' for all the species that might come after if the theme continues because of the wide variety of molds we'd have then, like reusing most pieces, and if necessary only making 1 new mold per dino, like for the head with the different related species to Triceratops.

As for JPIII, there're actually quite a few scenes I can think of that could be made in Lego form, like a remake from the Lego Studios set with the plane crash (with a new modern Spino), or the aviary sequence, the boat attack on the river, or maybe even Alan Grant's lecture lol (jk). JPIII might also be our only chance of getting a Ceratosaurus because there is actually one short scene in which it appears, in the whole franchise weirdly enough. A set based around the MCC sounds lovely, I've in fact already seen a bunch of MOC's around the internet of it, and if it'd come with a baby Rex aswell that would be great as we need more juvenile variants. For TLW Lego honestly has a lot of great scenes to choose from, but one other set that's so iconic is the first Stegosaurus encounter of Ian and the others. It might aswell be a display set with one of Ian's quotes at the bottom from that scene. Lastly, one specific character that should become a minifig imo is Peter Ludlow, he's my favorite character from TLW!

I also wondered if anyone has been able to buy the Visitor Centre set and has tried to compare and maybe even connect it to the JP set from back in 2018, because for example they both have a kitchen- and a lab section, and with the diagonal plates aswell the sets just feel made for each other to me.

Been a while since this thread was active, huh? Something tells me it's time for a new mid-sized dino mold, smaller than the T-Rex but bigger than the Atrociraptor

Well, the sets are released, and nothing new. Although seeing the Walmart clearances recently has made me hold off on getting any (except the $20 Jeep) and waiting for a decent discount next year, or possibly even Black Friday, as the Jurassic World sets seem to be on clearance more than most others. I got a flock of Gallimimus on varying deals of 20-40% off last year. Should I consider a herd of Brachiosaurus? No. But I'd be more tempted to get one.

Last year's rumor/leak of the JP 30th anniversary wave came out in November, so I can't imagine we'll have anything about next year's possible sets for at least a few months.

That being said, my fingers are crossed for more new moulds: Stegosaurus and a Hadrosaur would be ideal :)

On 7/27/2023 at 5:07 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Been a while since this thread was active, huh? Something tells me it's time for a new mid-sized dino mold, smaller than the T-Rex but bigger than the Atrociraptor

I’m not suprised that this thread has been inactive for months becuase we only have one wave this year. So three is nohting for us to discuss abou the current wave.

but! 

We need mid-sized Carnotaurus! I’m still waiting for a large Spinosaurus. And we saw an orca from the City theme, i wonder if we would see a Mosasaurus mold someday.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:48 PM, SketchBrick said:

Last year's rumor/leak of the JP 30th anniversary wave came out in November, so I can't imagine we'll have anything about next year's possible sets for at least a few months.

That being said, my fingers are crossed for more new moulds: Stegosaurus and a Hadrosaur would be ideal :)

Yeah I’m little uncertain about 2024 as. We don’t hae any new stuff right after Dominon and Jurassic Park’s 30th anniversary. No TV show, no new film trio logo, nothing that we know so far. 

I’m okay with either Jurassic World/Park make-up sets OR a new in-house dino theme to fill a gap until we have another 30th annivesary for the Lost World. 

On 7/29/2023 at 11:44 AM, Lion King said:

We need mid-sized Carnotaurus! I’m still waiting for a large Spinosaurus. And we saw an orca from the City theme, i wonder if we would see a Mosasaurus mold someday.

Spinosaurus isn't that high on my wishlist, tho I do have to agree on a mid-sized Carno and a mosasaurus

6 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Spinosaurus isn't that high on my wishlist, tho I do have to agree on a mid-sized Carno and a mosasaurus

Personally I wouldn't mind a folded pterodactyl wing piece so they can actually sit down.

Brickmerge tells us we're getting 2 sets in January, which is interesting in and of itself.

76963: Baby Dinosaur Rescue Center - $39.99 (139p, 4+)

76964: Unknown set - $39.99 (577p)

Curious as to what these could look like? That second one has a lot of pieces for $40, so I don't know what dinosaur could be included, unless it's brick-built or something?

Hi just joined today! I’m really hoping we get summer sets next year, and I really hope we get some more diorama sets!

I also think it would be great if we would get some lost world sets as well. I’m really into the 18+ Jurassic sets!

I’m also wondering what the unknown set could be for the      January line 

Edited by Legojurassicfan

38 minutes ago, Legojurassicfan said:

I’m also wondering what the unknown set could be for the      January line 

Good chance it might be a JP3 set since Lego is probably aware that we really want a Spinosaurus figure

A Winter Jurassic wave? That had never happened. Good to see they are expanding the theme further.

Why is the piece count for the second set so good tho? It's worrying how great it is.

13 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Brickmerge tells us we're getting 2 sets in January, which is interesting in and of itself.

76963: Baby Dinosaur Rescue Center - $39.99 (139p, 4+)

76964: Unknown set - $39.99 (577p)

Curious as to what these could look like? That second one has a lot of pieces for $40, so I don't know what dinosaur could be included, unless it's brick-built or something?

Ooohh, interesting, i suppose that juniors set could be an expansion to the DFW set we got last year? Though i doubt they'll make a baby Nausutoceratops, probably just recolours of a baby Triceratops and the baby dino mold, maybe a baby Ankylosaurus too, who knows lol 

But if this is true, it is quite exciting to know the theme lives on! I am just a little disappointed for only 2 sets, one of which is a juniors and that they arent going onto the original trilogy sets by the look of things

Since the animated show is over, they probably go back to original designs. The rescue center doesn‘t sound familiar:shrug_oh_well: I‘d definitely prefer movie-based sets over random vehicles and an army of Owen & Claire clones, but the main draw are still the dinos. As long as the sets deliver in that regard, I‘m fine with that.

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since the animated show is over, they probably go back to original designs. The rescue center doesn‘t sound familiar:shrug_oh_well: I‘d definitely prefer movie-based sets over random vehicles and an army of Owen & Claire clones, but the main draw are still the dinos. As long as the sets deliver in that regard, I‘m fine with that.

The only place i can think of that resembles that title is the relocation centre of the DFW in JWD, but i agree with you there, we need more movie sets, especially original trilogy ones lol

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

...over random vehicles and an army of Owen & Claire clones, but the main draw are still the dinos. As long as the sets deliver in that regard, I‘m fine with that.

I still feel like I don't have enough Owen minifigures. Could definitely do with a few more shoehorned into sets at random. :sarcasm_hmpf:

Some more movie sets would be awesome, as you say. Original trilogy, ideally.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

The only place i can think of that resembles that title is the relocation centre of the DFW in JWD, but i agree with you there, we need more movie sets, especially original trilogy ones lol

DFW?

Do you guys reckon we'll get more than just two sets next year or is this going to just be quite strange lol? A january release is also interesting, and the prices and pieces are compelling, i have no idea what species we'll end up getting, if not a baby Nasutoceratops, then most likely a baby Triceratops because i do believe that baby dinosaur rescue center will be based off of Dominion, and will kindoff be like an extention to that green T rex juniors set from last year, but thats just my speculation, i'd love to hear more ideas guys

I really hope we get a summer wave, and would be very surprised if we didn’t get anymore sets. I’d also think it would be cool if we could get another diorama style set maybe focusing on the TLW this time but I guess we will have to wait and see.

I doubt they would do two Sets in January if they didn´t plan to do more in Summer. So yeah, I am quite certain there will be more. Since we had JP1 Sets this year, I would guess for JP2 this year. But we will see.

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Do you guys reckon we'll get more than just two sets next year or is this going to just be quite strange lol? A january release is also interesting, and the prices and pieces are compelling, i have no idea what species we'll end up getting, if not a baby Nasutoceratops, then most likely a baby Triceratops because i do believe that baby dinosaur rescue center will be based off of Dominion, and will kindoff be like an extention to that green T rex juniors set from last year, but thats just my speculation, i'd love to hear more ideas guys

If I remember correctly, I think we were supposed to have two waves in 2020 or 221? Please correct me. I would be surprised there is a second wave or Jurassic Park next year. 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

If I remember correctly, I think we were supposed to have two waves in 2020 or 221? Please correct me. I would be surprised there is a second wave or Jurassic Park next year. 

That was 2021. Initially we were supposed to get the JWD wave in April and the CC wave in September, but then JWD got delayed, leaving us with the CC wave :classic: