1 hour ago, nicknack116 said:

We’ve seen stranger things this year

Poor choice of words :tongue:

14 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

18+ set is $60

What? I didnt knew about that one

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Poor choice of words :tongue:

Haha, oops! I don’t want to be the cause of rumors saying Stranger Things will be returning this year as a theme!

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

What? I didnt knew about that one

Yes! Honestly, *all* of the set prices + pieces are REALLY interesting...very interested to see what happens on Mario day...

10 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

very interested to see what happens on Mario day...

I had to refresh my memory, but LEGO did use Mario Day (March 10) last year to announce the Summer line and Princess Peach, so that’s a good possibility!

With the movie coming out this year, I’m hoping it’s a busier day for Mario-related news than usual.

Alright, y'all are never going to believe me, but I'm going to share this anyway.

I got news of the new LEGO Super Mario sets a couple of weeks ago from a friend of mine who works at the local LEGO store. 

She told me that there is indeed a new lego mario series coming with Donkey Kong sets. This includes a starter pack with Donkey Kong, and mostly Jungle sets (I specifically asked about this as I was afraid it was just gonna be some weird NES/Pauline Donkey Kong stuff like the Smash Bros stage but this isn't the case).

She had no info regarding a new figure series, so either they didn't tell her about it or a new one isn't coming. Personally, we think it's the former, as with major Starter Set releases there is always a new figure series to support them.

I'm all for keeping an open mind, but you wouldn't get that sort of information from a Lego shop employee and this doesn't match up with anything we already know, or make sense, and no-one else is corroborating this.

So it's a :thumbdown: from me bob

I think Donkey Kong IS the next logical step for the digital figure line, personally. More than including Wario, Daisy, etc.

DK has a larger role in the new Mario movie, they’re building a DK expansion to the theme park in Japan/Orlando, and I bet they announce a DK spin-off movie after April.

Of course, that also means it’s the next logical step for other people, too, which means it seems credible enough to use as an “I’ve heard from a source…” rumor to try and gain traction. So, not putting much stock in this on its own, but happy to be proven wrong, because Donkey Kong Country was probably a bigger influence on my childhood than 2D Mario.

8 hours ago, TheOneLuxembourgerLEGOfan said:

Alright, y'all are never going to believe me, but I'm going to share this anyway.

I got news of the new LEGO Super Mario sets a couple of weeks ago from a friend of mine who works at the local LEGO store. 

She told me that there is indeed a new lego mario series coming with Donkey Kong sets. This includes a starter pack with Donkey Kong, and mostly Jungle sets (I specifically asked about this as I was afraid it was just gonna be some weird NES/Pauline Donkey Kong stuff like the Smash Bros stage but this isn't the case).

She had no info regarding a new figure series, so either they didn't tell her about it or a new one isn't coming. Personally, we think it's the former, as with major Starter Set releases there is always a new figure series to support them.

So no Minifigures then?

OOF I forgot about DK. Yes that could defenitely be the next digi-figure... Well count me out for another year of sets then.

8 hours ago, nicknack116 said:

I think Donkey Kong IS the next logical step for the digital figure line, personally. More than including Wario, Daisy, etc.

DK has a larger role in the new Mario movie, they’re building a DK expansion to the theme park in Japan/Orlando, and I bet they announce a DK spin-off movie after April.

Of course, that also means it’s the next logical step for other people, too, which means it seems credible enough to use as an “I’ve heard from a source…” rumor to try and gain traction. So, not putting much stock in this on its own, but happy to be proven wrong, because Donkey Kong Country was probably a bigger influence on my childhood than 2D Mario.

Whilst DK is a Mario tangential character he has his own spinoff series too, which is much much less popular than Mario. 

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Whilst DK is a Mario tangential character he has his own spinoff series too, which is much much less popular than Mario. 

Well aware of DK’s video game history and the sales. All I’m saying is that Nintendo is acting like DK is more secondary to Mario by giving him a bigger role in the Mario movie, building a whole theme park expansion dedicated to him, etc.

Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo pushes to add DK to the current line of app-based Mario sets in the next year or two. It would add synergy to their own decisions around the character lately.

Lego Minecraft Goat on Instagram is reporting that we are getting no character boxes or new electronic figures 👀 perhaps we’re getting Mario Kart sets with minifigures?

41 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Lego Minecraft Goat on Instagram is reporting that we are getting no character boxes or new electronic figures 👀 perhaps we’re getting Mario Kart sets with minifigures?

Mario Kart sets with minifigures would be cool!

I’m keeping my expectations low seeing how other licensed themes are being handled this summer. Could just mean Lego is currently happy with their output of existing digi-figs and buildable characters, and will simply provide more course builder sets for the summer.

3 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

I’m keeping my expectations low seeing how other licensed themes are being handled this summer. Could just mean Lego is currently happy with their output of existing digi-figs and buildable characters, and will simply provide more course builder sets for the summer.

We still need some Koopalings. So i hope we’ll get some course builder sets this summer

1 hour ago, Borex said:

We still need some Koopalings. So i hope we’ll get some course builder sets this summer

I still hope we see Roy and Morton

On 2/21/2023 at 11:24 AM, Kaijumeister said:

It's probably more of a Nintendo decision than Lego- Nintendo is always far more willing to innovate in a space than join the ranks of other IPs. I'd love to see it, but I really doubt Mario ever gets minifigs.

35 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

It's probably more of a Nintendo decision than Lego- Nintendo is always far more willing to innovate in a space than join the ranks of other IPs. I'd love to see it, but I really doubt Mario ever gets minifigs.

Seeing how strict Nintendo was a while back with Videos/Streams about their games, they seemed very protective, I keep thinking since Amiibo exist as figures/integration into games, they want to sell those first and foremost, and then all those LEGO "buildable" figures fall under a different category. (of course none of this is confirmed by LEGO or Nintendo, just my thoughts)

Similar to how LEGO is not allowed to sell Star Wars minifigs set without a build (exception seems to be foil packs that come with magazines)

Edited by TeriXeri

49 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Seeing how strict Nintendo was a while back with Videos/Streams about their games, they seemed very protective, I keep thinking since Amiibo exist as figures/integration into games, they want to sell those first and foremost, and then all those LEGO "buildable" figures fall under a different category. (of course none of this is confirmed by LEGO or Nintendo, just my thoughts)

I mean, if they wanted to, they could still make something so the builds lf minifigure sets were able to be used as Amiibos or some stupid gimmick like that.

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

Other way round actually. When the line was first revealed in 2020 I remember it was brought up in one of the designer interviews that it was Lego’s proposal to go with digi-figures. Quite ironic given that it’s usually Nintendo that’s known for this sort of out-of-the-box approach.

Completely forgot March 10 was a thing, excited to see if there are any reveals lined up! 

It's gonna be real weird if this line ends without us ever getting Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, or Rosalina. 

Those four would be huge draws for any set they're in, so the only explanation I could think of for why they've held off on doing them for this long would be that they were probably keeping them on reserve for digi-figs/starter packs somewhere down the line.

Now that there are rumblings of this theme either transitioning to minifigures or ending altogether, I really hope that they'll just bite the bullet and give us all the cool stuff they were saving.

9 hours ago, Portal Out said:

It's gonna be real weird if this line ends without us ever getting Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, or Rosalina. 

Those four would be huge draws for any set they're in, so the only explanation I could think of for why they've held off on doing them for this long would be that they were probably keeping them on reserve for digi-figs/starter packs somewhere down the line.

Now that there are rumblings of this theme either transitioning to minifigures or ending altogether, I really hope that they'll just bite the bullet and give us all the cool stuff they were saving.

Tbh, the only one of those I could see actually happening is Wario.

Nintendo has a history of ignoring Waluigi, and I can't picture buying a 60€ set because it has Daisy on it.

Confirmed getting info on or around Mar10 Day (aka next Friday)!

EDIT: Oh WOW....

Big Reveal??

Edited by SlimyGhoul