Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Honestly a little disappointed :sceptic:

EP: Trans blue, huh? Not a buildable creatures fan, so personal preference here. 

HE: It’s fine, but I just don’t need a train.

Quidditch trunk: I was really excited for this, as I wanted a Quidditch pitch this year and thought this may fill that void, but I’m left thinking… $65 for that?! Where is the rest of it? Last year’s trunk had 3 scenes and a ton of accessories, outfits, heads, hairpieces, etc. The back of box images could save it, but if so, I will still wait for a discount. Nice Quidditch uniforms, but as I feared, no consistency with any of the previous uniforms. 

BoH: Where is McGonagall and the statue? No acromatulas, giants, dementors, DE, rubble action, trolls? So many missed opportunities. Just a fold out facade with 6 minifigures, half of them repeats. This set went from a day 1 buy to a discount purchase real quick.

WWW is the only set I’m really looking forward to at the moment. And like I said earlier, I want to get 2 and make it bigger. 

Dobby: Again, not a buildable creature fan, but this is the first one I’ve actually considered. I might pick it up on discount later on.

16 hours ago, brickbride said:

@MaxHeadroomI think the designers of WWW heard you about the wedge plates. "No more 8x8 wedges from now on, we're going big!"

Think it’s the right choice there, WWW is actually a corner building and most importantly it’s not supposed to go on top of other sets. Actually I wonder if we are going to get another pair of buildings like this with the same footprint so we can have all 4 of them combine into one block of DA, a bit like the proper set did. 

For whatever reason I had gotten confused and thought that WWW was $90 and not $120. For a $120 I definitely wouldn’t get it. Also it’s pure ridiculousness to only get one owl with the post office when they’ve got four slots for owls. LEGO really couldn’t spring the extra couple cents to at least give us one more owl and fill half the slots? 

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

For whatever reason I had gotten confused and thought that WWW was $90 and not $120.

It is $90 isn't it? That's what Falcon put.

Hogwarts Express is a much better shape than the 2018 set, but it looks like it is missing side rods... The station and sign post look really good though. It's great to be getting the driver/crew in a cheaper set than the massive HE, and looks like Harry might be holding a coin which is nice (might we get more of these in the Gringotts vault GWP, as well as the D2C Gringotts?). Same Hagrid and Trolley Witch disappointing. If that's Lee Jordan then I'm glad we're finally getting him, but he deserves a better hairpiece than a recoloured Hobbit one. Awaiting confirmation on that. 

The Quidditch Trunk is basically what was expected which is good, it would have been improved by correct skirt/kama pieces rather than capes and a new Quaffle mold, but otherwise is as expected. 

Battle of Hogwarts looks good BUT that clock/portcullis piece is a sticker on one of those new arch /window pieces so will look ugly from behind. Scabior also needed the PotC hair piece, not the Sirius Black one, although it looks to be Reddish brown rather than dark brown. 

Expecto Patronum was always likely to be a bricklink the figures job, like Hedwig, but I think the build looks good. It just isn't for me. 

Eagerly awaiting Gringotts and anything else we are getting this year, Brickheads aside. 

Edited by Seaber

Preeeetty underwhelmed to be honest, I think the Battle of Hogwarts will be the only Set I will buy out of the June wave.

Expecty Patronum looks quite good but these buildable creature sets are not quite my typ. Still looking cool tho.

BoH: looks nice from outside but I'm afraid it will be quite empty on the inside. Cool minifigs even tho I think they missed the opportunity to include the knights or trolls for some really epic battles.

Quidditch trunk easy pass. Capes for Ravenclaw and the hoody pieces can easily be bought via bricklink.

Hogwarts Express looks like a major letdown for me compared to the 2018/19 version. I don't get why the train has grey roofs now. Hogsmead station alone doesn't justify to buy it for me, so it will be a pass.

WWW looks quite nice and I'M glad that the DA buildings are becoming accessable for people that don't want to pay the high price for the D2C set. But since I own it, this WWW set will also be an easy pass for me.

So quite sad on one hand but on the other side also happy because I can save a LOT of money for Gringotts.

Edited by Axxe90

Will probably buy the Brickheadz, Battle for Hogwarts, Quidditch case for the parts and Gringotts. I will Bricklink the station of the HE and Owl post in WWW. As for the AC, I'm not quite sure yet when there are so many mini builds there again.

Every time they do a castle set I think “they couldn’t possibly mess this up” and then somehow they mess it up. Luckily this time it’s mostly death by a thousand random grey technic holes rather than anything massive beyond the concept itself. I remember just two years ago when people were happy that this modular line would remove the need for the entrance halls which always took up space in the old sets and now we’re getting a $90 set which is seemingly nothing but an entrance hall. 

So what is going on with the attachment points in this set? The wings have four grey attachment holes on each side of them but none of them are actually used. Instead we’ve got a new clip system adding clips to each side? While I’m talking about the wings getting cluttered there’s also the 1x2 snot piece in the middle of the walls for… reasons? The main build also features technic holes on the front of it? So the extra clip system is just an extra? There’s also random front facing technic holes on the second level of the main build? Completely useless in this form but potentially useful when taking the main build apart into different sections. There’s also a tan technic hole dead center of the build, I guess that one is just for detail which is odd since I thought we were meant to gloss over and ignore the holes. The main build splits into 3 8x8 sections so that’s a thing. 

Based on the two castle sets we’ve gotten the new design team seems to really adore the appearance of technic holes everywhere and they seem to value the modular aspect of this system. So if we don’t care about aesthetics and mostly care about modular play why are we getting a $90 set which is almost entirely exterior based? 

Also for the record we’re now 3 years, 9 sets, 2 GWPs, in with a roughly $550ish I think castle system and the only classrooms in this school are the 8x16 DADA from the COS set and the 8x8 Astronomy class from the COS set. 

37 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It is $90 isn't it? That's what Falcon put.

Oh yeah looks like it. Brickset was estimating it would be a lot more though in their article. 

18 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Also for the record we’re now 3 years, 9 sets, 2 GWPs, in with a roughly $550ish I think castle system and the only classrooms in this school are the 8x16 DADA from the COS set and the 8x8 Astronomy class from the COS set. 

They've dropped the ball with their own (ugly) system plain and simple. The Polyjuice Potion set should've been the proof of concept, and they never did it again.

People said with the first 2018 system "oh the footprint just gets too big, they couldn't keep going", yet LEGO is basically doing the exact same thing again with sets that have things like specific exteriors and doors that you can't put on top of each other.

A true big dollhouse Hogwarts you could add slices to could've been cool, but this isn't it.

40 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

I don't get why the train has grey roofs now.

Because it’s actually more accurate to the movie.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Scabior also needed the PotC hair piece, not the Sirius Black one, although it looks to be Reddish brown rather than dark brown. 

He should've had the dark orange Friends hairpiece from January recoloured, like someone here suggested. The Sirius hair doesn't look right at all.

I think it says it all when the best sets of the wave (so far) are the brickheads… as many have said, most of these really are an easy pass. I’ll reserve judgment on the HE until I’ve seen it in person but the minifigure line up is so disappointing.

isn’t here supposed to be a Hogsmead set as well? Or is that for later in the year?

And yet again the inconsistency with the minifigures astounds me, Somehow Harry had time for a trouser change between his encounter with Draco in the Room of Hidden Things and his fight with Voldemort. Sure, the darker more subtle colour looks better for jeans, but why is there this inconsistency between products released within a few months of each other! And I'm not buying that they are meant to be the dirty version of his jeans. :wall:

27 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

isn’t here supposed to be a Hogsmead set as well? Or is that for later in the year?

No Hogsmeade set, just POA Hogsmeade versions of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco + Aberforth in the advent calendar,

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

And yet again the inconsistency with the minifigures astounds me, Somehow Harry had time for a trouser change between his encounter with Draco in the Room of Hidden Things and his fight with Voldemort. Sure, the darker more subtle colour looks better for jeans, but why is there this inconsistency between products released within a few months of each other! And I'm not buying that they are meant to be the dirty version of his jeans. :wall:

Who cares really, at least they fixed those.

They shouldn't have been regular blue in the first place. It looked completely out of place.

Ambitious of Lego suggesting that Harry and Voldemort will be able to stand up with those big wand attachments!

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Who cares really, at least they fixed those.

They shouldn't have been regular blue in the first place. It looked completely out of place.

I care because it shows a lack of consistency and makes the waves look messy. That doesn't inspire me as a collector and I know of others who find it the same. That in turn hurts the theme.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

He should've had the dark orange Friends hairpiece from January recoloured, like someone here suggested. The Sirius hair doesn't look right at all.

2640.png

This one? 

I can sort of see it, but would have to see it on a minifig head as friends hair often looks quite different when on a mini doll. 

I'll be changing it to the potc hair until something better turns up - the Sirius Black hair is way off. 

But I still have to say that it's weird that this year we don't get any small set like the 76400 Thestral Carriage or 76386 Polyjuice.

Something that I think has been overlooked with the ambivalence to these sets is that piece to attach spells to wands looks pretty sturdy if it can hold the avada kedavra/expelliarmja energy pieces. 

I guess we'll get at least one extra/spare per set, I'm really looking forward to having some spells zooming out of wands. 

I reckon a Dumbledore vs Voldemort duel would make a great set now with this piece, maybe using one of those ninjago tornado pieces if the end could be attached somehow. 

If I read the set description for Battle of Hogwarts correctly, this also seems to be some kind of 2 in 1 set!!!

In the description it says that the model can also be rebuild into a bridge to have a second important location of the battle.

Not sure tho if they mean the wooden bridge that Neville blows up or the big stone bridge that leads to the Great Hall Courtyard.

First one would be great but since there are no brown pieces included I guess it will be the Courtyard bridge.

Looking at the Quidditch Trunk box art, it looks like there will be multiple heads and hair pieces included, and as all four figs have adult leg, hopefully they'll all be more grown up than the Hogwarts Turnk faces for variety. 

It also says there are three training games. One looks like a disk shooter you aim at the three goal hoops, not sure what the other two are. 

8 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

If I read the set description for Battle of Hogwarts correctly, this also seems to be some kind of 2 in 1 set!!!

In the description it says that the model can also be rebuild into a bridge to have a second important location of the battle.

Not sure tho if they mean the wooden bridge that Neville blows up or the big stone bridge that leads to the Great Hall Courtyard.

First one would be great but since there are no brown pieces included I guess it will be the Courtyard bridge.

Sorry needs to corrected: This Info comes from Promobricks, they have quoted the set description but I cannot find the source.

Here is what it says: "The model can be rebuilt into a bridge: The castle modules can also be rearranged to create a bridge and recreate a different legendary location."

I guess you can just remove the walls on each side of the entrance building and clip them together to form a bridge...

So no completely new build like the 2-1 Expecto Patronum.

Edited by Axxe90

55 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I care because it shows a lack of consistency and makes the waves look messy. That doesn't inspire me as a collector and I know of others who find it the same. That in turn hurts the theme.

This theme was never consistent. I’m a collector too, I want to have every single unique minifigure variant and I couldn’t care less about having two Harry minifigs with the same torso but different legs colour.