Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/29/2023 at 1:51 PM, NostalgicBricks said:

What is everyone planning to buy on Friday? For me, I'm only getting Gringotts and not the Hogwarts Castle. I've saved up a lot of points and I'm also going to use a gift card from my birthday, so I only have to spend £95 on it. I'm excited to get the GWP, although I always planned to buy it day one regardless. 

Im still trying to figure that out, Gringotts will have to wait, but deciding on buying enough HP for my daughter to complete her series and get the promo. Problem is you have Star Wars, Marvel, Disney and other drops at the same time! I am already dreading the online implosion, and to try my store tomorrow would take forever. I did that last year, and when there are so many new drops from multiple themes on the same day, it is always a damn clusterf***!

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I did that last year, and when there are so many new drops from multiple themes on the same day, it is always a damn clusterf***!

I foolishly decided to swing by my local store and snag the Flying Lesson set on day of release back in 2021 (since it came out slightly after all the others). I didn’t do my research and failed to remember that the new Mandalorian wave and UCS Gunship were coming out on the same day. The line wrapped around the building and was completely hellish, but at least I was waiting for the one new set they didn’t run out of. 

Definitely dreading the fact that the Ahsoka sets and a new gunship plus the Disney 100 camera are all coming out tomorrow as well. It’s going to make my trip to the Lego store interesting to say the least. 

I'm also picking up Gringotts at the LEGO store tomorrow :excited: By the time I'll be there, there hopefully won't be a line anymore :laugh: Already called them to reserve my copies of the sets (i.e., Gringotts, the Gunship, and the Sonic BrickHeadz. Already pre-ordered everything else in July)

I'm also picking up Gringotts at the LEGO store tomorrow :excited:

If my past self could see this, his brain would melt. I never thought we'd actually get a LEGO store in Switzerland one day

29 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

The time is almost upon us (at least in the UK). Good luck everyone! 

Can't do anything. Add items to bag and they show in the top corner of the screen as in bag, but then I go to bag and there's nothing there. :facepalm: Logged in and out, changed browser, cleared cookies but nothing works. Anyone else getting this?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Can't do anything. Add items to bag and they show in the top corner of the screen as in bag, but then I go to bag and there's nothing there. :facepalm: Logged in and out, changed browser, cleared cookies but nothing works. Anyone else getting this?

Wow I thought it was just me. Twice I've managed to get to checkout and it says payment can't be verified. 

Edited by NostalgicBricks

6 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Wow I thought it was just me. Twice I've managed to get to checkout and it says payment can't be verified. 

Items are now in bag, but haven't checked out yet. :sadnew: Good luck!

Edit: Items gone from bag again. What a joke.

Edited by BacktoBricks

17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Nope, nothing in bag. Glad you got yours. :classic: I'm going to give up now. I've got to get to bed.

Oh no! I'm sorry. Let me know if you manage to get one tomorrow. 

sounds like my future in 33 minutes! implosion, disappearing carts, lag, and by the time it goes through the promo or items will be backordered or sold out!

Absolute disaster so far. Had a few things in my bag already, added Gringotts and now I’ve got nothing. Trying on both my phone and computer and it’s not getting any better.

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Absolute disaster so far. Had a few things in my bag already, added Gringotts and now I’ve got nothing. Trying on both my phone and computer and it’s not getting any better.

I can't even get to my cart...

My bag has seven items based on the icon and I’ve exceeded the limit of Gringotts yet apparently I don’t have anything in my bag. Brilliant. 

Oddly enough after the queue adding something to the cart was easy, but actually being able to get to your cart to finish and pay took about 10 minutes and multiple reloads. Got an order in, but still waiting on the official confirmation!

Same boat. Cant' get to cart. This and constantly receiving smashed and damaged items all year is starting to kill my interest in Lego. 

I've been able to add it to the bag and gotten to hit the checkout button twice, but each time it errors... now it's saying nothing in cart despite a (5) next to the bag symbol

Edit: Was finally able to get through the checkout process by using the paypal option instead of regular checkout! Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by Brick Wiz

Adding to the cart seemed fine...immediately had three items after selecting Gringotts (plus the bonus items)....cart is empty error  when I try to add things.  Oh well, will just keep trying.

EDIT: Oh, and now I'm back in the queue to access the website again.  What a mess.

Edited by ldnk

7 minutes ago, ldnk said:

Adding to the cart seemed fine...immediately had three items after selecting Gringotts (plus the bonus items)....cart is empty error  when I try to add things.  Oh well, will just keep trying.

EDIT: Oh, and now I'm back in the queue to access the website again.  What a mess.

same

Ok finally got it after 40 minutes. I’ve been sent an email saying they’ve got my order and told there will be another confirmation email later.

I was able to see my cart maybe one out of every 50 refreshes and I was able to finally check out after trying five or six times. What a mess. Now I just have to hope it doesn’t take forever to ship and be delivered.

Wow. Orders FINALLY went through. Once I got into the cart, and had an error in the checkout. I left that open and just kept hitting f5/refresh and it eventually worked. Once you get to the last window it seems to go well. 

4 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Wow. Orders FINALLY went through. Once I got into the cart, and had an error in the checkout. I left that open and just kept hitting f5/refresh and it eventually worked. Once you get to the last window it seems to go well. 

Whew, thanks!

I kept going through the cycle of empty cart error and then an error when I went to check out.  I kept using the menu to go back after the errors.  Just hitting refresh got it to work.  No issues placing the order once I got to the shipping/payment page.

My apologies to those who gave me tips on getting to the mall early! @RODDY saying all the Star Wars fans will be out too was what scared me into buying Gringotts online. LOL

But just cause I am curious if tomorrow would have played out successfully with Gringotts: I will wake up and be at the mall early anyway. I will pick up a Hogwarts Castle and Grounds for a second Vault GWP.

Checkout was a bit of a mess this morning had to refresh several times just to see my basket and then pay but got there in the end...

I've ordered the castle and grounds as I want a nice display set and as I'm still on the fence with Gringotts due to the price *but* happy to have got both GWPs, which, if I got Gringotts, I'd want the matching GWP :laugh: