Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

14 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

What is everyone planning to buy on Friday? For me, I'm only getting Gringotts and not the Hogwarts Castle.

I'm planning to buy Grimmauld place 12, it's an lego exclusive set in my country so I can't find it cheaper. It's an set that's also on my "planing to buy" list. I want to get gringotts and the big Hogwarts express one day to!

I'm not a big fan of the castle, I only want golden Dumbledore..

So, looks like we guessed correctly and one of the sets really is a Flying Ford Anglia on its own :hmpf: I hope there’s at least one interesting set among these 7

16 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

What is everyone planning to buy on Friday?

I'm going to buy the Hogwarts Express and Hogsmeade Station and the Thestral Carriage.

I've seen a rumour on IG (mtdbricks) that one of the march 2024 sets woulb be a Ford Anglia remake.

Yes, I really like the Hogsmead station, so will buy that. If the AC is available I’ll grab that with it, otherwise I’ll need to chose something worthwhile from the less expensive sets…

Kinda lame how the Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station which costs €129,99 probably won't work for the GWP that has a threshold of €130. On the website at least, people in the store might be less strict.

32 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I've seen a rumour on IG (mtdbricks) that one of the march 2024 sets woulb be a Ford Anglia remake.

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So, looks like we guessed correctly and one of the sets really is a Flying Ford Anglia on its own :hmpf: I hope there’s at least one interesting set among these 7

I hope it'll be Speed Champions style as in very detailed minifigure scale.

33 minutes ago, Salix said:

I hope it'll be Speed Champions style as in very detailed minifigure scale.

Even then, that’s a lame set IMO. Minifig-wise, we also can’t expect much, except for younger versions of Fred and George perhaps. I know it’s just 1 out 7 sets at the moment, but this doesn’t inspire much confidence :sadnew:

do the discounts effect the promo? say if I were to buy all four banners, which is 140, I would get the promo

but with the sale, it would only be 112, so would i need to spend another 20 dollars?

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

do the discounts effect the promo? say if I were to buy all four banners, which is 140, I would get the promo

but with the sale, it would only be 112, so would i need to spend another 20 dollars?

Yes you would need to spend extra to get to the $130 to reach the promo threshold.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, brickbride said:

Believe it or not, I did consider writing "HP mechs" on my list of what to expect. Ultimately, however, I could not see how they would make that work with this theme. Not that the Marvel and Star Wars ones work all that well to begin with, thematically, but still - I can see more kids wanting to swoosh around their Marvel and Star Wars action figures than to want to play "Harry vs. Voldemort: Battle of the Mechs".

That said, if there WERE mechs, I'd expect them to be priced at $ 15.99 like in the other themes. So I don't see any here. Unless of course we're talking about a two-pack or something.

Quoting myself because HP mechs? Yikes.

On 8/2/2023 at 6:34 PM, brickbride said:

Which is why I said I expect 76425 to have about 1-2 figures and maybe an animal or two (probably not as large as the thestrals, and possibly no new molds either), keeping LEGOflation in mind. The Forbidden Forest detention might actually be a good fit if you downsize it - say: Hagrid, Harry, Fang, and half a tree or so. Though that doesn't add up given the piece count, so I'm leaning towards maybe only 1 fig and 1 animal or 2 figs and no animal. A remake of 4750 (Draco's Encounter with Buckbeak)? Or 4751 (Harry and the Marauders' Map), since that one lends itself to sizing it however you wish (amount of corridor and statues ...)? The Chamber of Winged Keys might also be a possibility.

Or maybe a remake of Aragog's Lair: Harry, Ron, a bunch of spiders (those are cheap), and the giant buildable spider might explain the piece count (though the previous iterations weren't as elaborate). 

For 76424 I'd expect something REALLY small. The Final Challenge seems doable if barely (Harry, Quirrell, the Mirror, and not much else). Or the Sorting Hat (based off the original 4701 set, though I wouldn't expect them to do that if they're doing a buildable Sorting Hat as well).

Of course, I wouldn't rule out something entirely useless like , say, a buildable, customizable (DOTS style) wand with no minifigs, either.

Quoting myself again because someone asked about possible remakes in the March wave.

3 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Maybe a 2018 thing being remade. (Don't quote me on that yet.)

Forgive me for ignoring the last part and quoting you anyway :grin: Unless it’s a castle section, I’d say a remake of the Quidditch pitch

4 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Get ready for more remakes  :sceptic:

Hooray. I'm holding back my full judgment for the moment, but now I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the absolute worst wave so far. The 2021 2HY wave, while a huge disappointment to me back then for "replacing" the DH wave I was expecting, only had one remake and still featured some really good sets like Hogsmeade. Doesn't sound like the new wave will be able to pass that pretty low bar. Damn, I was really looking forward to this larger-than-usual wave!

Again, not trying to jump the gun, but so far, SW and Marvel both have better-sounding 1HY waves. What happened? :wacko:

A Ford Anglia set would actually be really cool! I never got the 2018 set as I didn’t like the whomping willow or castle builds 

It’d be cool if it could fit four minifigures and included Fred and George but it’ll probably just be Harry and Ron which is a bit dull 

I feel like quidditch and Hagrids Hut remakes have been expected for a while so those wouldn’t be surprising. Could we be looking at yet another Great Hall set? :laugh:

I know we’ve been spoiled compared to other themes, but I feel like it’s still way too early to go full-in with nothing but remakes. There’s still plenty of stuff left to fill at least two waves :shrug_confused:

I wouldn’t even mind remakes too much if we actually got something new out of them, but the likes of a Ford Anglia set just cannot accomplish that :tongue: No interesting side builds, minifigs, or creatures, unless they get really creative

I really hope they aren't done with Hogsmeade sets. The Hogsmeade station i suppose is supposed to be this years one I guess, but a bit bland and boring compared to the previous two.

Maybe I’m speaking too soon, but if I got a nickle for every time we got news of a disappointing HP wave shortly after I was diagnosed with kidney stones, I’d have two nickles, which isn’t much. But it’s still weird it happened twice :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know we’ve been spoiled compared to other themes, but I feel like it’s still way too early to go full-in with nothing but remakes. There’s still plenty of stuff left to fill at least two waves :shrug_confused:

I wouldn’t even mind remakes too much if we actually got something new out of them, but the likes of a Ford Anglia set just cannot accomplish that :tongue: No interesting side builds, minifigs, or creatures, unless they get really creative

I feel like the summer wave will be the opportunity for new stuff. Although granted with the 'winter' wave not releasing until March it certainly makes it feel like it all merges in to one. I never really expected much of the winter waves before and was quite happy with the odd small set and the 'gimmick' as they seem to have to exist. It meant saving up for the surprises and sets later in the year. That being said, if the Durmstrang Ship doesn't make an appearance this year in favour of say another Clocktower I will question the logic.

To be fair to the Ford Anglia set, the car on its own has been one of my favourite builds since I was a kid; you can actually do something swooshable with it and it displays nice to with limited space. I for one was also hoping it wouldn't be shunted into any more sets anytime soon, because whilst both sets it has come in have made sense story wise, at one point there was two sets on the shelves with slightly different Ford Anglia builds and that felt wasteful. Providing it on it's own as a playset will be a good thing for kids I think, that's assuming it is a playset and not some ultra detailed display piece. Then it would go nicely with the CE Hogwarts Express if scaled right, but there would only be so much you could do to improve it if it was to be kept in scale, otherwise it would be a stand alone display piece. Both would have merits and I couldn't blame Lego for mining that opportunity.

As for the other sets we don't know what they are yet so I'm keeping an open mind and hoping that whatever we get is at least displayable and not gimmicks and improves on minifigs if they are the same scenes as before.

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe I’m speaking too soon, but if I got a nickle for every time we got news of a disappointing HP wave shortly after I was diagnosed with kidney stones, I’d have two nickles, which isn’t much. But it’s still weird it happened twice :tongue:

Sorry to hear that. :sad: Try not to get too salty yet though until we know more otherwise we may be in for more stones and disappointing waves. :wink: 

19 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Sorry to hear that. :sad: Try not to get too salty yet though until we know more otherwise we may be in for more stones and disappointing waves. :wink: 

Thanks! I’m trying not to be too pessimistic, but what we’ve heard from the leakers up until now is far from encouraging :grin: 

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks! I’m trying not to be too pessimistic, but what we’ve heard from the leakers up until now is far from encouraging :grin: 

I feel like we do this a lot though don't we. :laugh: I'm sure it will be all good stuff relatively speaking, although I do feel like we can sense there has been a change of design lead. Granted they are having to follow on from someone who had a fresh slate to that does put them at a certain disadvantage.

Edited by BacktoBricks

On 8/30/2023 at 7:11 AM, BricksAU said:

What time do things tend to go on sale on the online Lego shop? Is it generally midnight?

Can confirm not midnight here. Ah well, not as if it would ship any faster

Edited by BricksAU

13 minutes ago, BricksAU said:

Can confirm not midnight. Ah well

Well that sucks. Not sure how things normally are in NZ, but the couple of sets i've waited on relase for have always been midnight. What gives? Why would this be any different? So weird. Thanks for reporting.

Successfully ordered here in Eastern Australia. So happy, been a long time coming!!!

Set showed up at 11:59 and was showing old gift with purchases. Waited 1 more minute for 12:00 and it changed to the Quidditch Polybag and Gringotts vault. Hope this helps anyone that's wondering after it apparently didn't appear on time for New Zealand.