Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

Just watched the new flash trailer. It's so sad that we won't get a single set for the movie with some minigures ...

Same bro. Same. 

17 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

Just watched the new flash trailer. It's so sad that we won't get a single set for the movie with some minigures ...

Same here.

To be honest though, hats off to Lego for refusing to make a set featuring a very problematic star

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Did you even read the rest of my post? I clearly would too, but we're getting what we're getting. I just think what we're getting still has the potential to look good despite the poor choice of source material.

I did, but my response was specifically to the part where you said that there was some overreaction to the mechanism. My point is that I'm not overreacting to the idea of this because I'm not a fan of the Burton films. I can happily acknowledge that they were the catalyst for the DCAU and the source of what many consider the definitive Batmobile, but the cave is very dark and isn't exciting, and Jack Nicholson's Joker is just wrong.

Regarding the rest of your post and the character selection, there isn't the broadest scope for them. I don't get the thinking behind this set, and the folding concept isn't going to make me want it. The only thing that will sway me is if Lego have taken a huge amount of artistic licence and made the cave exciting.

After seeing the trailer, it sort of stings even more that Lego had more than a few set ideas right in front of them, but chose to do nothing because of Ezra. Off the top of my head, we could've gotten a Batwing set (considering how much it's been included in the marketing) with Keaton's Batman in his new suit, regular Barry, other Barry with his makeshift Batman Returns Flash suit, and Supergirl who'd be able to fly alongside the Batwing like Iron Man in the new Quinjet set. Throw in Zod with a little build that he could throw and it'd be all ready to go.

5 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Also, how do you not include Vicki Vale? I know she's from the first movie but there's a whole gag about Alfred letting her into the cave, and there's already a fig you could just reuse. And no Pat Hingle figure? Come on man.

I was thinking about this exact line of questioning last night. Any Batcave based on the Keaton films should include Commissioner Gordon, Vicki Vale and Alexander Knox. Those are staples of the Keaton-verse. And would certainly help flesh out a 1989/1992 Batcave set, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

the set was finished 😭

I mean, we're still getting the set, just under a different set number and with The Joker instead of the Flash.

1 minute ago, CodFather1 said:

I mean, we're still getting the set, just under a different set number and with The Joker instead of the Flash.

It isn't a movie tie in set for the Flash then, the set you're referring to is based on the 1989 batman movie 

Guys not to get your hopes up but I might have found something, I googled Lego 76221 and went on a website called checkbricks.de and it said the Flash set is supposed to come out June 1st.                                       https://www.checkbricks.de/lego-76221

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

If there's two Batman minifigures included in the Batcave, while one of them must be the Batman Returns suit, are we assuming the other is the 1989 suit (which we must already be getting with the Batmobile and Batwing sets), or is there a chance that LEGO will throw us a bone and include the Batsuit from The Flash (which was presumably completely ready to go)?

10 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Guys not to get your hopes up but I might have found something, I googled Lego 76221 and went on a website called checkbricks.de and it said the Flash set is supposed to come out June 1st.                                       https://www.checkbricks.de/lego-76221

As much as I want it to come out, the fact that we’re getting an 89 Batmobile in august is confirmation enough that the flash set is canceled. Lego won’t release the same set twice with just different figs.

It could be possible that the rumor about the 89 Batmobile in august is not true. I mean there was a picture of the flash figure with the head and torso on Instagram a few weaks ago also there is no way Lego would skip on a big movie like that because many other toy companies are making products from that movie.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

10 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If there's two Batman minifigures included in the Batcave, while one of them must be the Batman Returns suit, are we assuming the other is the 1989 suit (which we must already be getting with the Batmobile and Batwing sets), or is there a chance that LEGO will throw us a bone and include the Batsuit from The Flash (which was presumably completely ready to go)?

Honestly I think this is the likely case. I don’t think it would make sense for them to throw in 1 extra non-exclusive figure. Unless it’s the Batman from the Flash.

Just now, Lego Nostalgia said:

It could be possible that the rumor about the 89 Batmobile in august is not true.

Ok now you are getting my hopes up

Also just to throw it out there, the Batcave is supposed to come out before the Batmobile & Batwing right? So imo I think the set will include a version of both vehicles. Either way though, this has got to be the most baffling choice I’ve ever seen lego make. Whether they leave the cave empty or not, it’s still gonna be weird.

17 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Honestly I think this is the likely case. I don’t think it would make sense for them to throw in 1 extra non-exclusive figure. Unless it’s the Batman from the Flash.

Ok now you are getting my hopes up

Also just to throw it out there, the Batcave is supposed to come out before the Batmobile & Batwing right? So imo I think the set will include a version of both vehicles. Either way though, this has got to be the most baffling choice I’ve ever seen lego make. Whether they leave the cave empty or not, it’s still gonna be weird.

The Batcave set is supposed to come out June 5th and The Flash set is supposed to come out June 1st from checkbricks.de so the Batwing could come out June 1st in Europe and August 1st for America because that happened many times where Europe got it on  June 1st and America got it the 1st of August.

Apparently Lego 76224 is Marvel not the 1989 Batmobile that was rumored so there is still hope.     https://www.checkbricks.de/lego-76224

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

8 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Went on the same website and Lego 76224 seems to be marvel not the batmobile that was rumored 

Oh please please be true

Checkbricks.de is a fan site, what kind of accuracy record do they have? They say that they’re on the internet every day, but that doesn’t mean their information is always up to date or correct.

4 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Keep in mind, even if we had got the original set based on the flash there was a nonzero chance they were working on concept art and Keaton still looked like in Returns

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

They also have the cancelled 77014 listed as a June 1st release along with four Indy sets that never even existed, so that should tell you everything you need to know :tongue: It‘s a fan website. They don‘t know more than we do

With the mew trailer and all the incredibly positive screening reactions, it's even more disappointing that the set was cancelled. 

Or rather reused for another Keaton Batman set :tongue:

I go by jedijacpenguin and they seem to be pretty accurate and 76224 is listed as the 89 batmobile while 76221 is listed as delayed/ cancelled 

I wonder could there be Flash movie figures in the Batcave set because 7 minifigures for a 450$ location set would have more than 7, Hopefully like what ashnflash said is that maybe that was only the front of the box like the Sanctum set but I just can't accept the fact that they're not making anything from it.

I mean they could include the 2 Flash, Batfleck, Michael Keaton Batman, General Zod, Supergirl and maybe Dark Flash. I'd also like to see Batfleck's bike included but I guess this will never happen sadly.

Also we have seen the leaked head and torso of the Flash figure so it must be in production 

28 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I wonder could there be Flash movie figures in the Batcave set because 7 minifigures for a 450$ location set would have more than 7, Hopefully like what ashnflash said is that maybe that was only the front of the box like the Sanctum set but I just can't accept the fact that they're not making anything from it.

I mean they could include the 2 Flash, Batfleck, Michael Keaton Batman, General Zod, Supergirl and maybe Dark Flash. I'd also like to see Batfleck's bike included but I guess this will never happen sadly.

Also we have seen the leaked head and torso of the Flash figure so it must be in production 

Who knows. Maybe the Batcave was originally intended as a direct tie-in set with a bunch of Flash characters but then the Ezra situation happened and they repurposed it as a loose tie-in based on Batman Returns and didn’t have the remaining budget to give us a bunch of figures. Given everything we’ve seen happen so far I think this might be the most likely explanation for why we’re getting a Keaton Batman wave with very few figures per set. (The Batwing and Batmobile are both over $30 and only include Batman and Joker.)

Edited by psqidexslizer