Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/18/2023 at 12:47 PM, RedHoodPug said:

Intriguing that most of the toys are centred around Batman. Yes he's money and yes he has all of those wonderful toys, but it's not his name on the posters. It's almost like, despite being the lead and variants of the lead, that Miller's name is a teensy bit tainted these days.

TBH that was likely gonna  be the case even without the Miller controversy. Bringing back Keaton as Batman seemed like the studio hedging its bets due to how hit or miss the reception to the DCEU had been.

It is baffling how much DC seems.to flounder behind compared to the Marvel theme. Like at this point I have my doubts about the Batcave or Batwing. Lego should just come out and say the theme is expired 

Hi,

1 hour ago, LegoDCfan536 said:

Well I just read a BrickFanatics article about the set 76221, and it may be canceled. Not sure if I can post the link.

Which Set is 76221? It's not one of the batman ones is it? 😭 I need my Keaton Batmobile!!!!! Or even worse is it the Batcave?!??!!?? Please 🥺🥺 no more cancellations.

I probably wasn't gonna get the jabba or indy sets anyway but I need batman, DC is my jam MAN.

If it is due to Ezra miller controversy then couldn't they just delay the set a little a remove the flash characters.

( A shame as I really wanted that Supergirl as a minifig, and I missed out on the other Zods!!! 😭😭)

-J.T.i.m.G

5 minutes ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi,

Which Set is 76221? It's not one of the batman ones is it? 😭 I need my Keaton Batmobile!!!!! Or even worse is it the Batcave?!??!!?? Please 🥺🥺 no more cancellations.

I probably wasn't gonna get the jabba or indy sets anyway but I need batman, DC is my jam MAN.

If it is due to Ezra miller controversy then couldn't they just delay the set a little a remove the flash characters.

( A shame as I really wanted that Supergirl as a minifig, and I missed out on the other Zods!!! 😭😭)

-J.T.i.m.G

The batmobile flash tracking Google search brickfanatics Lego set 76221

Later today, @Brick Clicker will report about the Batcave :excited: And he will talk about the “fate” of the Flash set.

Not hopeful for the latter, but hearing more about the former is exciting! Hoping for a minifig list and a description of the layout. Oh, and the dimensions. Need to make space for that monster

3 minutes ago, BatDeanj said:

Do you know what time? in BST or something that I can convert :)

About 9 hours from now, so around 8pm BST :classic:

Thank you!

looking forward to the details I'm very excited about the set.
Hope we get at least 10+ minifigs but I am wondering what they will be. If they are just from Batman returns or from flash as well. 

so news came out about Batcave and batmobile set from falcon fan. Batmobile set apparently is 1989 based with Batman and Joker... so no flash set? 

Makes some sense to distance themselves from Flash/Ezra while still making a set which kinda fits with the film/merchandise. But we saw those flash suit picks, there may be a super rare unreleased figure for flash now! 

Strange though, the other Flash merch is in full swing. Ezra Miller is not The Flash, so I don't see why they'd remove his figure. I can kinda see Lego not wanting a realistic version of him on the box though, even though again, he is not the character he's playing. But they could've used generic box art or a drawn Lego figure.

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wait, so both the Batmobile and the Batwing include Batman and The Joker? *huh*

The Batcave minifig selection is awesome though!

Gotta love Batman and the Joker from 1989

Always love more Nicholson Joker. Gimme more please

And next affordable Heath Ledger Joker pleaseee

What?!  :laugh:

I mean maybe in person, and actually seeing this, it’s a good set. But on paper, it’s awful! Seven figures? Seven figures what year is this?! Like what? What is this a Star Wars set? Why would you put the cave in a giant box, who wants that? You’re using so many pieces for that—just make the cave. How is a parts intensive box more interesting that just the cave itself? Do the vehicles fit inside the box? Like if the box is closed do the vehicles still fit inside? Because if they don’t, then what’s the point of the box? If it’s not also cute carrying case what’s the point? What is this mystery box—why is this mystery box?! 

Maybe the set comes with like a crisp hundred dollar bill inside, I don’t know. Why would you not just cut out the box, drop 1000pcs and get this thing down to $300. Everything is so unnecessarily excessive now. 

What are these choices they make no sense!

I don’t know. 

I don’t know anything anymore! :blush:

Not sure how I feel about this. The concept sounds cool with it swinging open, but no bat-boat and not a lot of figs has me ambivalent. 

As for the batmobile, not shocking that they repurposed it. Kind of glad we're getting it in the cave as well as I already have both 1989 UCS sets. I'm assuming the smaller, separately sold bat-vehicles will come with the purple suit joker in one, and the black suit with top hat one in the other.

Please LEGO, for the love of God, give us a comics based Arkham with like 20 figs. PLEASE.

Edited by NovaBricks

Lego do really make odd decisions when making superheroes UCS sets 😂 I really hope the cave doesn’t end up looking too square if it folds into a box, I’m hoping it just folds into a closed cave design rather than just a big grey box. Keaton’s movies were a bit before my time so probably won’t be picking up regardless. I hope the set looks much better in pics for those who are a fan of the movies and keatons batman. I’m a sucker for batmobiles sets so will probably get that one as I like the design. 

13 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Not sure how I feel about this. The concept sounds cool with it swinging open, but no bat-boat and not a lot of figs has me ambivalent. 

As for the batmobile, not shocking that they repurposed it. Kind of glad we're getting it in the cave as well as I already have both 1989 UCS sets. I'm assuming the smaller, separately sold bat-vehicles will come with the purple suit joker in one, and the black suit with top hat one in the other.

Please LEGO, for the love of God, give us a comics based Arkham with like 20 figs. PLEASE.

Based on the BTAS set being the big one for 2024, I can't see us getting comics Batman for a long time TBH.

In the video brick clicker implied that the batwing and batmobile are also included in the batcave but maybe I heard him wrong. Also really disappointed in the flash set if true. The movie is still coming out and I really don't think it makes lego any more profound to not do merch based off of it. It is not the same as the temple of doom because it was completely lego's choice to make that set in the first place where as this is a movie tie in set. Idk I just find it funny how much publicity this Miller situation has gotten when there's other actors who continuously get lego figures who have done much worse things

9 minutes ago, doclord said:

Based on the BTAS set being the big one for 2024, I can't see us getting comics Batman for a long time TBH.

I would take a BTAS Arkham, but yeah, I doubt we get two sets over $300 next year.

If both batwing and batmobile are batman and joker, hopefully they be different versions of joker at very least, maybe reuse the UCS batwing and UCS batmobile versions in each set so one purple suit and one top hat mime suit? But a new varient would be cool like the face paint and berrie but they probably didn't have time for that if the quickly changed it into being a non flash set. Only 2 figs is an L